When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is Panerai a "gay" watch?

t

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...wait, so if wearing a Panerai makes a man gay, it makes a woman extra-feminine, not a lesbian! Woo. I was worried for a moment. I think I'll go inform my boyfriend, Gertrude.

Wow, she's still alive?

Send her a rose is a rose is a rose from me.

Jeez Louise, memories of the rue Fleurus....

Yes, gay. :D

What is more gay than going to an art museum? (no, don't answer that)

285004-9030.jpg

Sorry, I can't resist:

Should you be able to take a similar pic by sitting on the top of that pyramid, well, that would be even more gay... :lol:

Until I went to the cashier to pay for my overly expensive mani/pedi/highlights.

As I was leaning over to take out my credit card, there comes a black stylist who had been in the "station" next to me, who looks at my wrist, leans over the counter and high-pitch, sing-song screeches at me:

"OMG! IS THAT A PANERAI!?!"

(With a tone half-orgasmic, half-drugged, as if Sir Elton John had sent him the key to his chalet for the weekend, I hasten to add)

"Uh, yes, yes it is."

That's all I could muster in retort, along with what I think was a nice smile.

So that's my little "gay Panerai" tale for you today. Hope that made your burly male egos burst with pride.

:X that's not a good sign if PAMs are that instantly recognizable to someone gay..

it means there's more truth to this than i'd like to believe

maybe it is a gay sign.. like wearing an earring on your right ear, that sort of thing.. or a thumb ring for lesb's..

damn, Panerai = gay signal :black_eye:

:X that's not a good sign if PAMs are that instantly recognizable to someone gay..

it means there's more truth to this than i'd like to believe

maybe it is a gay sign.. like wearing an earring on your right ear, that sort of thing.. or a thumb ring for lesb's..

damn, Panerai = gay signal :black_eye:

This is weird. I consider myself in the know, but perhaps I'm naive still. I never knew about the lesbiab-thumb ring thing. Hmm, I must pay attention now, since I thought it was a mere general fad, like tattoos and piercings.

By the way, so what? It's not a "signal" or a "secret code" to wear a Panerai watch, to announce you're gay, but even if it were I repeat, so what?

If you get that vibe from a man, just pipe up about your wife, or girlfriend, or mention how you'd like to lick the ginormous knockers on the female bartender in the club. They'll get the hint right enough.

I'm sure you're not juvenile enough to care about that, if you meant it seriously and not as I took it, with humour, but just on the off-chance there is SOMEONE, ANYONE here who is rethinking getting a PAM because of this "signal" thingie, that's [censored].

Wear what you like, and wear it well. And for God's sakes, get it modded.

You don't want to be the only gay guy in the bath house with bad lume.

As pointed out earlier, sure Panerai is a gay watch. It's a fashionable watch, and since very generally speaking, gay men tend to dress better than us straight men it's not surprising that somebody noticed more than one gay man wearing a PAM and then wrote that it's a "gay" watch.

What's hilarious is the "How dare you call my 44mm bad boys 'gay.' I wear them on military style rubber chaps straps for God's sake." responses. Don't worry guys, even if you find yourself hanging out with male Republican members of congress out at some rest area mens room, it's not your watch making you gay. But just to be sure, I'm sending my entire Pam and Muller collection--especially my muller collection--to be cured.

As pointed out earlier, sure Panerai is a gay watch. It's a fashionable watch, and since very generally speaking, gay men tend to dress better than us straight men it's not surprising that somebody noticed more than one gay man wearing a PAM and then wrote that it's a "gay" watch.
Excellent pointing out of a classical flaw of poorly designed statistical recordings -- a biased sample. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What's hilarious is the "How dare you call my 44mm bad boys 'gay.' I wear them on military style rubber chaps straps for God's sake." responses.
Better and better! :lol:

If you were not my hero already, archibald, this would make you (I suppose this is quite a gay statement?)

But just to be sure, I'm sending my entire Pam and Muller collection--especially my muller collection--to be cured.
Well, here I have to wonder whether the cure might result even worse than the disease... :g:

btw jus wanna say that's the 'tricky' part about gayfolk taking up Panerai as "their watch"

...it's not so much that everyone will look at us and see us wearing a PAM and think, 'oh he's gay'.. it's not about that.. there's a reason it's a "gay radar signal"

basically it only applies to OTHER gay men, lol.. to them it's a signal, but to your local average joe.. it's just a cool looking watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

so just wear whatcha like and if you get some guy wearing another pam hitting on you, well.. cross that bridge when you get there :thumbdown: but yea, it's only a gay signal to other gays but for the rest of the world .. PAMs are jus another cool lookin watch