When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BEST Payment Option - Definitely NOT PAYPAL

When I look down and see how many members have not become what is politely called VIP..

{a better term should be Member,}

If it were called "Member" you'd get more people paying out. I have no interest in VIP status here, but I'd pay for Member. I'd say calling it VIP may be more to blame than people's gimme-gimme-gimme-ness. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Dealers, stick with pp. I am sure if you advise the sellers to be careful in descriptions etc you will have very few problems. A delaer a month ago told me to put in the description "Maria's gloves" and I bet that he didn't have any problems with that transaction. (it was around $400).

E-gold and all the others slow and inconvenient services suck big time. Find a way to overcome pp's problems.

I'm for a blacklist of members........those who scam you......make offers and don't follow thru'......file false claims about not receiving goods.....remorseful buyers etc etc.....time to offer protection to all our dealers as well as customers......should be a two way street.....!

In addition.....I think it should be mandatory that members either use the same nom de plume across the boards....or provide the dealer with his board name(s).......I'm fed up of anwering to 4 different people about the same problem....and thinking I have 4 complaints.....when I really have only one......it's impossible for a dealer to know everyone's different board names.....!

Neil,

Personally I think this is an excellent suggestion- Yes.. it is a two way street- and I would be delighted to chat with you about this- and take it up with the other admin here- shoot me a PM or mail.

We do try to follow all the questionable deals-and if we had more input from the dealers- we could watch things a lot better than we do! ( This written with my mod hat OFF! :D ) But would like to explore this one- and get feedback from the other dealers too....afterall - one the objects of this board, is to try to remove the scammers-

ALL OF THEM.

offshore

PS Back on topic- for me- E Gold......no way!.

@Slay: You are really making me to be suspicious!

you know way too much about this scammers. let me tell you that i remember the cc dumps wave almost 3 years ago....(operati*n firewall...)

remember the cp and sc board....all got jailed man. script was said to be arrested by the ukranian militia, Secret Service, also Europol...what about scarface, michael knight,...not to mention the ebay dudes that were selling cc skimmers, others e-gold hijacking services and ebay accounts at ridiculous prices....i still keep my old 6 digit icq number..you know why....

are you a survivor then?

6digit icq is lame, 5digit is the way to go :D

and yes, i remember a lot of ppl getting jailed, a few whom i knew pretty well. but thats how it is in the world of ripping ppl... everyone will get his ass arested eventualy!

and the feds are already all over the place again... shutting them down and arresting scammers every day... trust me, every single carding board is full of feds! good think feds arnt too concerned about rep watches, but even that can change everyday!

Very interesting read till now...

It seems that many still prefer to stick to the old ways... =P

Until now, it's almost impossible to get a merchant account for credit cards installed into a replica watch site. Unless they charge you exorbitant fees or maybe even scammed you after a while.

I heard about GOOGLE.COM coming up with new payment gateway but had lost track of what they had to offer. Anyone has any clues?

Andrew

I was swindled by this b@st@rd too. I was lucky enough to get my money back and his real name is not Charles Levine. That !@#$% piece of !@#$%^.

Damn... and he claims to be from Singapore? Frigging' LIAR... Gonna hang that ass if I see him! :cc_hang:

Anyway, I feel dealers should maintain a variety of payment methods for buyers (which many already do).. let em choose...just my $0.02... :p

I heard about GOOGLE.COM coming up with new payment gateway but had lost track of what they had to offer. Anyone has any clues?

Andrew

Hey dude..

It may only be good for awhile, after some time, they may end up bein another pp... :o

Guest TTK

Ther are numerous ways to send money.....the single most important factor that everybody forgets....TRUST........personally ( tho' I don't buy from other dealers).......I'd rather trust my dealer than some pie-in-the-sky e-merce website.....all that [censored] about escrow and gold bullion transfer sites....is.....well ....a load of [censored].......set up to screw somebody........and personally....I don't want to see Slayer/ kenberg / overboosted or ANY of our members posting here about how they were tucked up like a kipper by one of these extremely dodgy sites.....JMHO.

Trust your dealers here......and help them by doing the right thing......perhaps there should be a link that directs members to a separate 'instruction' page on how to order ....before they can pull the trigger on a dealers offers......someone must be able to work it out....you know....click here to buy ....and you're directed to a page that prevents you from going further until you've completed it.....just a suggestion....!

I'm happy with pp, no matter how risky. I'm even ok with bills-stuffed-in-an-envelope-pal. At a pinch, if the dealer gave me discount, I'd use WU. I've even used propay with Silix once.

However, I will never buy from a dealer using e-gold.

Problem with sending cash is that postal workers may steal some!

Problem with WU - even if the dealer gives a discount - is the limit on how much you can spend per month.

Off topic,

TTK - I finally saw V for Vendetta on Monday... had to go to Odeon West End in Leicester Square. Great film, reminds me of Orwell's 1984, and better than a similarly themed Equilibrium. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Only downside was paying so much on the tube and the ticket to watch it was something like 12.50 ... almost 2 hours work :( Local cinemas cost around 4-6 pounds.

pp does suck, but it seems to be the easiest method of payment.

Note For the Dealers - If you want to stay protected by pp, only accept payments from verified pp acounts and only send to Confirmed pp address.

This way you are covered by pp.

How you buyers can help us Dealers "Verify your pp accounts, and Confirm your address"

I've been doing transactions on the internet using Merchant Accounts for 6 years, I think I've experienced about $18,000 in chargebacks from customers over the years through Wells Fargo and Bank of America. These were for high dollar transactions where the buyer basically recieved the product that I sent them, to their billing address, and then told the bank that they never got it. I provided the Banks with tracking info and signature proofs and they reversed only 50% of these chargebacks despite overwhelming evidence that they were fraudulent, and that the CC owners were the ones commiting the fraud.

Merchant Accounts Suck

I've had 3 pp accounts over the course of 6 years. I've been burned twice on pp totaling $1200, as both a buyer and a seller. I once sent a guy $600 worth of product, to his pp verified address, two days later he got impatient and told pp that he never got anything (two days after making payment!), They took all of the money from my account, AFTER I had shipped this guy's product. Despite providing tracking information, I never got the money back. I once bought $600 worth fo merchandise from some guy who turned out to be a fraud, he never sent anything and I never heard from him again. pp "tried" to get themoney back but could not because the dude withdrew it all. I used my bank to force the money back from pp, and as a result they closed my pp account.

pp sucks too

You know what? Every type of merchant processing has one form of suck or another. I currently use pp for watch payments because no one on this board or any others seems willing to use anything else. For merchants, you guys are out of luck because even if you switch your payment processor, it won't matter if customers are not willing to use your new system. I've dealt with it a million times in my other business, people don't trust processors that are not popular.

e-gold is a hassle and doesn't have a solid reputation or popularity. If you guys want to stop losing money from idiot buyers, you need to organize all dealers on this and other boards, and as a group all switch to western union only. Stop taking pp all at once, and force customers to use W.U. I use W.U. to send thousands of dollars to my supplier because I trust them. I would suggest that all dealers on this board boycott pp all at once if they want to see any change. FYI for every $900 or so that I send my supplier, I get charged about $14. My local western union agent has a $2500 per day sending limit, butnot limit to how much cash I can send per month.

Edited by that_watch_guy

@that_watch_guy

What are you selling?

I believe I have received more than 250K from pp. I was charged back about 2g so far. Most of them are due to lost package and miscommunication. All the chargebacks are solved by getting insurance claim or returning the items from customers.

Btw, I have won more than 20+ pp complaints. I guess the sellers just have to work with the system to minimize the cost of fraud.

I'm liking Western Union with the dealers that I have used it with. I guess I've been spooked by too many pp stories, even though I follow the instructions (I would most likely end up the guy who sent a grand right before someone else labels their transaction as Fake Rollies).

cwai02: I am in the computer biz, I have a site that sells flat screen monitors, one that sells printers, one that sells computers and one that sells scanners etc. I 've had over $1million pass through merchant accounts in 12 months, so $18,000 isn't that bad I'd say.

The most common type of fraud is the credit card owner buying up a full system, recieving it, and then claiming they never got it and filing a dispute. You have to keep in mind that creidt card companies don't do a criminal background check when they issue cards to people, anyone can get one! I've always been honest and sent out product to customers with no delay, but unfortunately there are shady people out there. I reversed about 50% of the chargebacks using solid proof, but I've found that whether or not it gets reversed depends on who is examining the chargeback on the other end. Some banks fall under the "merchant is always wrong" policy, and even if you have a bulletproof rebuttal, you will still lose a chargeback.

I don't want to use my merchant account to accept payments for replica watches because I feel like it would just be asking for trouble, so I stick with suckpal, and I withdraw money as soon as it hits my account.

Dirk Pitt: There is absolutely no reason for higher fees using western union, just send the money using the standard money transfer. It's available for pickup within 15 minutes, and yes, I literally pay ~$14 in fees for $900 (sending cash no via credit card), I have many receipts showing it and I wired $865 today for a fee of $14. There is no need to use quick collect , direct to bank or any other crap, if the dealer wants the sale, they can go to a western union location and collect it. Plus since most of our dealers are in China, they can pick up WU transfers at the post office or at any Agricultural Bank of China location, it's not too inconvinient.

Edited by that_watch_guy

i am from croatia...and i cannot use pp since they don't have an option to do payments using pp and living in Croatia...the only bad thing is that all dealers use pp for the payments...

and there are other metods of payments that could be used...but i always finish using WU...it is expensive and with some risks...but i TRUST our dealers and i have never had any problems...