When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BEST Payment Option - Definitely NOT PAYPAL

Problems I've had with WU and moneybookers (apart from the fees ;) ) is that they have a limit to how much you can send in a certain time period.

At the moment I can't fund moneybookers with credit card because I've reached the limit and have to wait 60-90 days (can't remember the duration). I refuse to link my bank account to it (or pp for that matter) as I don't want all my money disappearing into there for whatever reason they cook up.

With WU you have to call them up to verify the transfer and tell them why you are sending the money and if you know them. I don't know how many PlayStation3s and Nintendos I can pre-order before they think it's dodgy ;)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending invoices via pp with nowhere to write any notes may be the way to go. I think Narikaa and TTK already do this and have had the least problems.

I think Joshua, Andrew and Silix are high-volume guys and it may take up too much of their time, while Eddie has a proper job, so who knows if they will go this way?

At the moment I can't fund moneybookers with credit card because I've reached the limit and have to wait 60-90 days (can't remember the duration)

same here... can only send 50euros MAX with my CC... have to fund it via bank wire everytime (i can do that online too and it doesnt cost me, so what the heck)

@Kevin well said

One point that keeps worring me about this E-gold thing is a point that others see as a positive, no charge back.

Now I have been one of the strongest advocates against charge backs to our dealers, but these are guy's I know to a certain extent and trust.

But no charge backs only protects the dealer and what happens when new dealers come along offering great prices on watches with borrowed pic's?

Ken

@Slay: You are really making me to be suspicious!

you know way too much about this scammers. let me tell you that i remember the cc dumps wave almost 3 years ago....(operati*n firewall...)

remember the cp and sc board....all got jailed man. script was said to be arrested by the ukranian militia, Secret Service, also Europol...what about scarface, michael knight,...not to mention the ebay dudes that were selling cc skimmers, others e-gold hijacking services and ebay accounts at ridiculous prices....i still keep my old 6 digit icq number..you know why....

are you a survivor then?

Edited by manuel

Interesting dialogue and well worth the read.

It seems that for those of us (dealers and buyers) who successfully use PP, there is little motivation to enter new and unchartered waters. for those who cannot or will not deal with PP, carefully examining alternative options would seem prudent.

:)

How about pp for trusted customers and e-gold for new customers?

I have to agree with this idea for payment.

Trusted buyers can use the pp method, (or any other easy payment service).

New buyers that do not yet have the trust level should use some other method of funding, (e-gold, WU, etc.)

Just a note about how to deal with pp. If you afraid of charge backs, you need to open two separate pp accounts. Get paid in one and one the funds are there, immediately transfer them to the other account for withdrawal. See, pp will transfer money between their own accounts immediately, but they will make you wait a few days for the withdrawal. Most sellers get scammed by buyers who do charge backs in the first few days after the transaction, before the seller has a chance to withdraw the funds. By transferring the funds to another account, you insulate your seller’s account from that.

Another thing that pp does not like is transactions without descriptions. They like to know what is being sold. In that case, you can setup you second account to sell “subscriptions”. They seem to not be to concerned with exactly what that is.

Yes, this is correct... If the account is clean on receiving and sending funds only, no withdrawals at all... this pp account will never be frozen.. Discovered this long ago.. but you have pay 2 times the fees and also the withdrawing PP account is still at risk.. Thus It is back to square one.. The only advantage is that you get to maintian a workable pp account all the time and lesser transactions on the withdrawing account..

The more you know about how pp works...the more scampal they are...

Eddie, Trusty, etc, etc have all had issues with PP from time to time and I hear the complaint that we stupid customers type anything and everything into the description box at PP and causes them problems.

I'm not trying to tell them how to run their business, but if I kept having this problem repeatedly I would stop accepting payment directly from a PP account, in the alternative I would issue an invoice so that the customer only has to submit payment and can not enter any information at all, customer just responds with a direct payment of said invoice.

I also think Eddie and Josh are on the right track with a blackball list of customers, it should be carried a step further, it should be made public where it protects all members and not just the dealers. Their real name as well as their screen name should be included in case the register again under a different screen name.

Example: Brian Panell=FlawlessTime, SweepinSwiss, Base and God knows what else.

I agree special measures should be taken to prevent these issues. I really think the "invoice" idea would work well! Or those buy it now buttons!

JOn

same here... can only send 50euros MAX with my CC... have to fund it via bank wire everytime (i can do that online too and it doesnt cost me, so what the heck)

Yeah moneybookers charges as a "cash advance" from your credit card and I had the max too. All around just inconvenient. I'd rather Priority Mail a MO.

Jon

4%....so it's no cheaper than PP.....!

"Anonymous ATM cards......not in the UK you can't.....and I don't imagine in the US either..!

I am a financial crimes investigator by profession; there will be no E-Gold for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd give Joshua cash in an envelope - it's the E-Gold I don't trust. Research Osgold and see what happened with them.

TTK is quite correct. Money transmitters are federally regulated here and other "alternative currencies" have been busted or turned out to be scams.

Bill

His name is Charles Levine. Not someone from the rep boards. He swindled about 20 people out of their money in two days over at Paneristi. I'm lucky, my loss was small.

I was swindled by this b@st@rd too. I was lucky enough to get my money back and his real name is not Charles Levine. That !@#$% piece of !@#$%^.

Guest TTK

I'm for a blacklist of members........those who scam you......make offers and don't follow thru'......file false claims about not receiving goods.....remorseful buyers etc etc.....time to offer protection to all our dealers as well as customers......should be a two way street.....!

In addition.....I think it should be mandatory that members either use the same nom de plume across the boards....or provide the dealer with his board name(s).......I'm fed up of anwering to 4 different people about the same problem....and thinking I have 4 complaints.....when I really have only one......it's impossible for a dealer to know everyone's different board names.....!

Edited by TTK

I'm happy with pp, no matter how risky. I'm even ok with bills-stuffed-in-an-envelope-pal. At a pinch, if the dealer gave me discount, I'd use WU. I've even used propay with Silix once.

However, I will never buy from a dealer using e-gold.

Well for me ...Cash in envelope...Priority Mail, Registered Mail, International Money order ...the easiers no scam ...

I agree. If someone is going to rip me off, I'd rather it were a small watch dealer than a large corporation.

... not that any of our trusted dealers would ever rip us off, obviously. I'd still chance the cash-in-envelope with any of the dealers I have already done business with.