When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midweek Wrist Check

By-Tor

CLASSY! Very classy, AllergyDoc. Gotta love a guy who can carry off a pink shirt, and not be called Buffon.

Who said I haven't? :lol: I get flamed all the time, I just don't care! :p

Posting in a new forum means starting all over again as a noob. You feel like a freshman in high school. I'm riding the other one out, to see what happens.

Always good fun!

Jimminy Cricket, it's my favourite RWG Thread Series!!

And just as I took the photo, who should happen to appear but this little guy? If I had V's strapmaking skills, he would SOOO be on my wrist by now.

Scary.. Crickets/grasshopers locusts and all the other names they have, those disgusting insects are my worst fear..

I wouldn't touch this thing even if you gave me a genuine Panerai for free. I hate them.. Especially the green ones :black_eye:

Btw. I am wearing my Ferrari 008 today with the OEM Panerai 233 strap.

288733-6790.jpg

288733-6791.jpg

Who said I haven't? :lol: I get flamed all the time, I just don't care! :p

Posting in a new forum means starting all over again as a noob. You feel like a freshman in high school. I'm riding the other one out, to see what happens.

Always good fun!

It takes a Real Man to wear a pink shirt. Most guys are to insecure to wear them. Their loss :thumbsupsmileyanim:

everytime i post pics Stephane can't see them....i can see them on my laptop...and i have uploaded them from postimage...do other see the pics?

He can see them like everyone else I suspect. What he is talking about is the caption that says "Click to see full size image" which does not work on your images.

Very beautiful nails Ms. Barrett!!!

Two posts, and one is about my manicure! Aww. LOL. Hmm. Thanks! :cc_jockey:

(In all seriousness, I was aggrieved yesterday when I had to use Cape Cod cloth to buff anyway whatever gunk Paul's PAM 199 had on the CG. There was no way one could close the thing, if I hadn't. But guess what happened? Yep, ruined the mani. So here I come Saturday, nail spa...)

He can see them like everyone else I suspect. What he is talking about is the caption that says "Click to see full size image" which does not work on your images.

That happened to me at the Dark Side, trying to view a chap's Fidddy on Tootall's straps. Also, 3 photos of a strap for sale which didn't even have an imageholder (I switched from Firefox to IE for a second, and though I didn't see the photos either way, I did see that there were three Xs in red where the photos were supposed to be).

Everyone else said they could see the pics. Hmm, I thought. Next day, I saw the pics. Try first changing browsers, then rebooting a few times. Also, lighting a candle to St. Th

(...)

I know Pix has a beautiful thread on his own VC.

Wow, you noticed that ? :tu:

For some VC are Granfather's watches... For me, they're just the incarnation of classy timekeepers. I have no "a priori" on brands and am willing to wear any type, as long as the circumstances and my wristsize allow it. The one I'm more reluctant are Rolex. But things change, and I may do the step once.

So, that does not happen so often, but I'm going to do something for you sp

@ Deltatahoe: THANKS! The Sony range of small digital cameras are amazing for macros. Not sure of the model, but this is one of the reviews that convinced me to get one:

http://www.416-1100.com/gallery/1074988#64958996

(Note, it's got a super amazing closeup of a bee, so all those with insectophobia, or apiphobia, stay away; had I had a chance to make aperture changes, and perhaps set up a tripod, I would've gotten as good a shot!)

@V: If I told you one of my worst fears as a child was seeing a cricket, based on the photo above, you wouldn't believe me. But it's true, and I feel your pain...apologies. P.S.: Still am very very scared of one creature, but I won't post it because I know men. They like to push your buttons by doing that exact thing to mess with you. :)

@AllergyDoc: I bet you By-Tor got the soccer reference! Gianluigi Buffon, the Azzuri goalkeeper, frequently wore a pink "maillot" and some men raised their eyebrows at him.

http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/immagini/buffon_rosa.jpg

Nice to see you around, either way!

@V again: You're the only I've seen who can carry off that Ferrari PAM (I think it's the strap and your arm shape). That range of models is the ugliest I've yet seen. Sorry to all who own one...

@b12a2: Inventive composition too! Miniature airplanes next to a Breitling Aerospace. Perfect! Now let's see those Bentleys, guys. B)

@Pix: I love your tie, first and foremost! And Pix, would you believe me when I told you that your series on the VC was the one I showed my dad, and he said, oh yes, that's the kind of watch I wouldn't mind (he was always a very elegant man). So you see, you, Maciek, Ola, Rima, and others here are silently the reasons why people buy certain watches.

We motivate each other, by posting photos and series on certain watches we otherwise wouldn't have thought of buying.

Now you know! :)

@Pix about my phobia (yes, Sssurfer, the VIP edit would've lowered my post count LOL!): Nope, not mice! I have never feared mammals of any kind, although I have to say that seeing a rat the size of a chihuahua in Paris once, I almost fainted. This is why I saw and didn't like "Ratatouille", though it got good reviews from everyone else.