When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What wrist do you normally wear your watch on?

What wrist do you normally wear your watch on?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What wrist do you normally wear your watch on?

• Right?
    • Left?
    • Both (at the same time or other days :P)

yeah thats wat i thought too b16a2.. but then one day (yesterday).. i realised my gf wears hers on the right hand.. then i asked her doesnt that feel uncomfortable? then she said nahh most ppl wear it on the right.. (mind you shes right handed).. so yeh now im curious :p.. coz i see alot of ppl wear it on the right hand too.. heheheh.. which leads to my next question.. doesnt it feel very annoying wearing it on ur right if ur right handed? :S

A friend of mine does the same also, he's right handed but also wears the watch on his right. For me it just feels uncomfortable, like trying to put a right shoe on my left foot :thumbsupsmileyanim:

lol either that or the watch keeps falling off.. like u know wat i mean? and it feeels funny.. heheheh.. and worst thing is.. u scratch ur clasp :@

haha Another few options you could put on the poll.....

right handed wear watch on right hand

right handed, wear watch on left hand

left handed wear watch on right hand

left handed wear watch on left hand

Could see whether the opposite hand theory is correct or not!

I'm sinistral and wear my watch on the right hand.

I'm dextral (dextrous), and wear my watch on the left-hand. :)

Actually, this is an interesting phenomena: right-handed people wearing their watches on the right side. You see, I write right-handed but I am left-side dominant in almost everything.

I believe I might've been born left-handed, but was trained to use my right, as is sometimes the superstitious custom in some cultures. Being left-handed was frowned upon, and even thought to be the sign of being possessed by the devil. :evil:

(Most people know the Islamic traditional distaste against using the left hand, too, though obviously not the cultural distaste I mentioned in my case)

This side-dominance includes golf, tennis, and any sport which requires two hands on equipment (there's a naughty joke in there somewhere) -- like Phil Mickelson in golf, for example, who also writes righty, but swings lefty. Interestingly he said that his brother is the mirror opposite of him.

To return on-topic, no I wouldn't wear my watch on the right, but I will tell you one thing: the PAM 217 and other Destro models like the PAM 115 are my dream to own.

Coincidentally tonight, I was told by a collector that the guy who did Destro casings phased them out a while ago. :blink:

I'm dextral (dextrous), and wear my watch on the left-hand. :)

Actually, this is an interesting phenomena: right-handed people wearing their watches on the right side. You see, I write right-handed but I am left-side dominant in almost everything.

I believe I might've been born left-handed, but was trained to use my right, as is sometimes the superstitious custom in some cultures. Being left-handed was frowned upon, and even thought to be the sign of being possessed by the devil. :evil:

(Most people know the Islamic traditional distaste against using the left hand, too, though obviously not the cultural distaste I mentioned in my case)

This side-dominance includes golf, tennis, and any sport which requires two hands on equipment (there's a naughty joke in there somewhere) -- like Phil Mickelson in golf, for example, who also writes righty, but swings lefty. Interestingly he said that his brother is the mirror opposite of him.

To return on-topic, no I wouldn't wear my watch on the right, but I will tell you one thing: the PAM 217 and other Destro models like the PAM 115 are my dream to own.

Coincidentally tonight, I was told by a collector that the guy who did Destro casings phased them out a while ago. :blink:

vee thats weird too.. coz when i play golf baseball crickets ping pong and the likes i use my left hand.. with tennis throwing writing, etc. im right handed.. weird or no? :p

I'm right handed but wear a watch on my right wrist. Reason is thet I was running down a path when I was a kid and tripped and put my left arm through a greenhouse window which cut all my left arm. I therefore had to wear my watch on my right wrist until my left healed but got into habit of putting my watch on the right wrist and its been worn there ever since!

As far as i can see in the main there are no difference between the casings on destros it is just upside down and in some cases a different CG to make sure the lever is pointing the right way, the works are the same it is just the dial that is different. I was going to make my 1680noobnothing ( the unnamed rolez looking thing a tefty but could not find a datw wheel or overlay that would work, that was all that would have been required with the dial i had in mind. I i had a no date dial to hand it would have been a lefty.

Hi,

well, let's start with an "old fashion" lesson I was taught younger :

- men wear their watches on the left wrist

- women on the right...

:g:

Actually I'm a lefty (is that the right word ?) and wear my watch mainly on the left wrist. Except when it's too large and that the crown comes dig into my flesh : then I simply wear it on the right side. As you see, the choice is more lead by practical considerations.

I'm ambi-dextrous but habitually use my right hand for things like drawing/writing, and using tools (which are all designed for right-handed people to use)

I always wear my watch on my right wrist and always have done.