When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for some bling (diamonds)

Feta1

Hey all. I was thinking of adding a watch with some diamonds. I am looking for one that has diamonds on the hour markers only (no diamond bezel or diamond band). Besides the obvious DayDates and DateJust, does any one have any suggestions??? Much appreciated!!!

Kind of difficult to find non rolex watches that have diamond markers without a diamond bezel. A few models come to mind. There was a panerai radiomir a while back with diamond numbers. Very nice. Several of the piaget, vacheron, patek models have limited bling as well, but most are small diameter. I think the nicest watch available now with bling is the ultimate EVO with the diamond bezel. Or just go with one from my signature :thumbsupsmileyanim:

two-tone sub with silver or gold serti dial with diamond markers. I have a MBW version of this with solid gold midlinks, don't know if they will still be around as I got it a while back and it's still fine. You could also get parts, such as the dial, crown, bezel, bracelet etc if you wanted a "realer" version. I reckon that could cost you around $1500-2000 to put together.

I can say much about the bling aspect as i dont have any piece like that ...yet ... i got excited about corgi s post about his tt sub blue dial version that he just recently purchased ... all do that one does not come with diamonds ...

I had just made a trade over the RCI with a felow member and have an asian TT sub with gold serti dial and diamonds on the way ... i took this more as an experiment and if i like the TT style ill probably get somethin with swiss eta latter ... im just not so sure ill be wearing it so i took this road ...

Kind regards Laz

It's unfortunate that there is no decent rep of the serti dial. The "diamond" hour markers don't even look like diamonds and the 12, 6, and 9 hours are supposed to have sapphires where the reps only have opaque blue plastic. It would be nice if the rep manufacturers could use high quality cz's for these markers.

than an "interesting" datejust.. prob the same bling line as the cheetah print PIMP daytona that Pug bought haha. My fav watch for diamonds are breitlings. You can get a BCE black dial with diamond bezel but not sure about the hour markers..

Lonnie

I don't have any watches with diamonds.. and here's why: these are not diamonds, they are not even close. Don't kid yourself. These are the crappy CZ crystals that ANYONE with an eye for jewelry can tell is a fake just by glancing at it. Yes, us gents probably wouldn't know the difference... but I can tell you that most women and anyone with a remote interest in precious stones will be able to quickly ascertain the value of these "supposed" $50000+ creations. The fact is, if you sport a Rolex with a diamond bezel, you hold yourself accountable to very intense scrutiny... unless you are very posh, 99.99% of people will know it is a fake even if they don't know a clue about diamonds!

This is why I do not plan to buy a diamond watch. They are not diamonds! There is no stone that can twinkle like that without being a diamond... there are very high quality CZs yes, but even then, place a real and a CZ side by side - it's a big difference. It spoils the watch and is a waste of money. Of course, if it is something in your taste, I respect that... and there are more than a few watches in Mr. Freeman's collection I would like to borrow for a night on the town. Just know that you might as well affix a giant stamp to your forehead reading "LOOK AT ME! I'M WEARING A FAKE WATCH ENCRUSTED WITH EVEN FAKIER DIAMONDS!"

I did want to get some diamonds for myself, so I went on ebay and bought a beautiful diamond encrusted bracelet - it looks much like that of a daydate or datejust with the center links covered in CZ. The main difference was these were high quality CZ, on high quality gold plate. I got the look, and it twinkles beautifully. I took it into a jewelry store and tried on a comparable one, except worth much more as it contained real diamonds. No comparison. Indescribably tremendous difference. But, to the untrained eye, it looks the biz. It's totally up to you, but if I was in your place, I'd invest in a nice ring with some gen precious stones instead of getting the quintessential hillbilly's wristwatch.

Just my two cents folks...

REP materials are, most often, made to be as cost-effective for the manufacturer as humanly possible. We already know that their "5mil" 18K gold plating peels off like banana skin after a few months, and I have personally experienced this even though I thought it was impossible. That said, it can be assumed that the CZs used are not the most "high end perfect cut insert random number nobody understands here quality". Granted, it is an assumption on my part, but it is based on pure logic.

1. Rep manufacturers use cost-effective materials.

2. Cubic Zirconium is a material.

3. (1+2) Rep manufacturers use cost-effective cubic zirconium.

just to go back to the original poster who is looking for some bling'd reps.. here are some suggestions

-Rolex YM (bling bling, it's polished fer cryin out loud)

-BCE GOLD, check out the one posted on TTK's forum.. this is classically bling'd out styling right here.. seriously.. it should be on your list

-BCE diamond crusted bezel - pair this up with a black strap with heavy white stitching and you got yourself a nice subtle bling that everyone will be doing double-takes on

-Rolex DayDate that has to meet a couple of reqs:

---presidential bracelet a must

---no diamonds on the bezel.. face is ok if you so choose but I like the Roman Numerals

---FLUTED BEZEL, this is key.. it has to be fluted imnho

those are pretty much my recommendations for reps that you want the "bling" effect on

basically, go after reps that

1. will catch the light, aka polished surfaces or gold or whatnot

2. good to the point that people will literally do a double-take on, aka the headshake.. look once, look away and then quickly look again disbelieving what they seeing :p

there's others of course such as the HBB, etc but these are way crazy right now so.. anyhows, keep us updated man if you ever did make a decision -.-

Can anyone who owns a rep with CZ's (rolex or any other brand) comment on the quality of the stones it terms of apperance?

Those I've seen on the Ladies' Cart Franc. don't look genuine from less than 1 meter away in my opinion. Same goes with the PP 24, although it's more due to the somewhat inaccurate setting of the stones.