When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Week Wrist Check

By-Tor

*Bows*

I'm glad it arrived safe and sound, V, and it definitely looks way better on you than it did on me.

You are too modest, TeeJay. The shot of it peeping under your cuff was hot. B)

Now, I'm not surprized you pointed out the quality of the deployant, as I noted in my review, the parts that make it up, are all first rate, but, would you agree with me that, while you wouldn't worry about the clasp popping open, it is a tad fiddly to open to remove? ;)

I mean this in all seriousness, but aren't all deployants a tad fiddly to remove?? ;)

Anyone who has ever worn a Cartier watch knows exactly what I mean...but yeah, I agree.

Glad you're liking it, and I hope your dad is as pleased with it :)

Immensely. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

This seems the perfect wedding/white dinner jacket watch, which sometimes applies to that most unsociable of men!

As you pointed out me saying, it did nothing for me, I'm happy it's gone to a good home :)

As for myself, I'm wearing my 45mm Planet Ocean, and it's not coming off for quite a while :lol:

Wear it in good darling!! And wristies whenever you can. :)

P.S.: Unusually for me, I have worn the PAM 112 even after my last clothes change today. I really really like it, and it sits very "soft" on the wrist, in case anyone out there is halfway interested in getting one, but hesitating because Panerais look big.

Big as maybe, but the base ones are comparatively light!

You are too modest, TeeJay. The shot of it peeping under your cuff was hot. B)

:wub:

I mean this in all seriousness, but aren't all deployants a tad fiddly to remove?? ;)

Anyone who has ever worn a Cartier watch knows exactly what I mean...but yeah, I agree.

Hee hee, to be honest, I wouldn't say deployants are fiddly at all, just a push of the buttons or a flick of the safety clasp, and job done... Butterfly clasps, I've always found rather prone to springing open when flexing the hand in, compressing the base of the bracelet between the heel of the palm and the wrist, but that's certainly not a problem the VCO suffers from B)

Immensely. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Fantastic, that makes it all worth while :)

This seems the perfect wedding/white dinner jacket watch, which sometimes applies to that most unsociable of men!

It is, absolutley so :)

Wear it in good darling!! And wristies whenever you can. :)

Here're two to choose from... I've got to take the Planet Ocean back to the watchsmiths today (they were closed yesterday) as there is a speck of lint under the crystal from when it was regulated, and the back has been screwed down so tight, I can't release it with my (admitedly not professional) tools. I'm really hoping I won't have to leave it for work, or, if they're busy, maybe I could convince them to give me the case wrench and a screwdriver and let me do it myself, it really is a 3 minute job... But, just in case, I'll have the X-33 with me. Here it is with it's new strap (I'm going to order an OEM Omega deployant clasp to replace the existing buckle)

DSCN2183.jpg

DSCN2184.jpg

P.S.: Unusually for me, I have worn the PAM 112 even after my last clothes change today. I really really like it, and it sits very "soft" on the wrist, in case anyone out there is halfway interested in getting one, but hesitating because Panerais look big.

Big as maybe, but the base ones are comparatively light!

I'm no Paneristi, but I'd have to agree with you there, they don't wear anywhere near as big as they can appear to. That said, the 45mm Planet Ocean still does not wear as large as a PAM, I guess it's just an optical illusion from the different case shapes. :)

Edited by TeeJay