When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest addition

Bazz

Originally the idea was to try and build my own dressy classy watch due to my collections abundance of sports models. As I started looking into sourcing high quality parts it soon became apparent that Tourby could supply all I would need with his Swiss and German parts.

Anyway here is how it turned out :)

2f5d3627.jpg

b8389cae.jpg

66c41b82.jpg

184ae127.jpg

What do you reckon? I like it :wub:

I am really happy with it, I really like the blued hands, screws and crown wheel... of course being fascinated with mechanical watch movements since I was a child I could look at the back all day.

Here is another pic with the alternate bezel, kind of gives it a Chronoswiss look.

1417ae45.jpg

Thanks all,

@ Ken

Tourby can have them put together for next to nothing, much better value to me than a rep, especially with their prices lately.

@dadog

Yea I remember FF I pretty sure his parts were from Tourby also... although with a solid gold Dornblueth & Sohn case and a Benzinger movement.

Tourby can have them put together for next to nothing, much better value to me than a rep, especially with their prices lately.

No doubt these cases and movements are far superiour to even the best reps...I have one very close to yours Bazz, and can't compare it to any rep, in fact, it is the one watch I wear into the AD, it always freaks them out. No one has ever seen this type of 6497/8, and the case is the same one used in some very high end watches. Looks great on that brown croc, I put mine on a blue shark to match the hands...nice pictures by the way.

Thanks Chris, it was actually your pilot watch with your daughters name engraved on the movement that made me decide to get going organising this one. I am also trying to get a blue croc strap to really bring out the hands.

Im normally a diver/sports watch guy but really enjoyong this one.