When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What time source do you use?

BobM

I set my watch - whichever watch I will be wearing that day - each morning. I use a certain preferred source of time as the time to which I set my watch. I was wondering how other folks do this? ... if they set their watches each morning? If, perhaps, y'all use a better time source that do I?

I use http://www.TimeAndDate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html

I have used the official U.S. time-clock @ http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java

But I like the presentation of the personal world clock best.

Good day to all (Good Morning here) ! :yawn:

I use my trusty pocket watch from Korea...Oh and btw...I can also use it to talk to virtually anyone, simply by pushing some buttons on its face....And I can take pictures with it too!!...And Cingular gave it to me for free!!....

Seriously though...My cell phone is plenty accurate enough for my needs!!! ;) ;) ;)

Cell phone ... hmmmm?? My cell phone does not report seconds, only hour and minutes. Maybe there is a way to adjust this presentation on my cell phone to show seconds, as well.

If y'all don't set TO THE SECOND then a cell phone or cable box would certainly be accurate enough. I guess, even the position of the the sun and stars might be adequate. :lol:

All this talk of cell phones makes me think, "What is the need to wear a wrist watch today if one carries their cell phone with them everywhere they go? However, a cell phone would be uncomfortable strapped to the wrist... What size strap would be best... 36mm, 40 mm?

Cable box when at home. Cell phone when on the road.

Good question.

Similar to Kruzer00.

I have a triangulation of sources when I set my Panerais (16 and counting). Computer clock synchronised with .gov source. Then I look up to the cable box to confirm, comparing it at the same time to my mobile time. As I set each watch (doesn't take but 5 minutes total for all -- I'm fast), I am looking at all three in rapid succession.

Utterly doollally, obviously, but there you are.

(Oh, and I wind each PAM 30 times. No more, no less)

Cell phone ... hmmmm?? My cell phone does not report seconds, only hour and minutes. Maybe there is a way to adjust this presentation on my cell phone to show seconds, as well.

Simply "hack" your watch with the sec hand @ 12:00, set the minute hand to the next minute, and wait for the cell phone to change minutes..then push your crown in...Sounds more complicated than it really is!!