When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Official Hublot site showing josh/andrews pics

P4GTR

Check out the fake watches page on the offical Hublot site.

Just go to Hublots home page, then at the bottom go to "collection" then "fake watches"

I can take a guess where some of those pictures came from. ;)

Ken I removed your edit, seeing as they just need to browse to the site directly anyways. cannot hot link directly to the "fakes" page.

Edited by P4GTR

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks P4GTR, very interesting indeed !

thats crazy..If it was ME looking at a genuine and then seeing the fake watch section i'd start looking into a fake and save the money.....lol

ME too, now reps and gens dont just only look very similar, but even are "advertised" on the same highend website,...... sweeeeeeet!

This makes repping even more fun!

You can find "Fake Watches" in the category "collection".... perhaps its the new F-series from Hublot. :lol:

I tell you what I think about that.

that does not smell good... at all...

Andrew and Josh should worry about that. I can also tell you that the case started now and since some time ago...

And if they show up screens it's because everything is now done...

:'( not good... not good at all...

As you noticed they are not showing pic of some scammer site as they don't care about it.

They care about the watch that really look like the gens and this is why they are afraid... and I can tell you that they will spent a lot of money to stop them...

They are certainly followig the path to the factories ... they should all be afraid about that ... and take some decision to secure everything

I don't believe this is any new News for andrew, josh or any of the other dealers. Knowing their business and the products they sell... the most important part of the business is staying hidden. Their business is very anonymous and altlhough their website and cyber identities are readily available to anyone that has internet access.. their physical activity and actual identities are well hidden beneath a good layer of protection I'm sure of it.

Not saying that i don't think they should always be on the look-out but i'm sure andrew and josh were one of the first to probably see that hublot among others is watching.

They are certainly followig the path to the factories ... they should all be afraid about that ... and take some decision to secure everything

I thought about this a month into my rep career. And that the two then consolidated their business (which of course, is a topic that really doesn't need to be rehashed) was completely logical for me. There IS safety in numbers.

Sure, Hublot have lots of money. But they have to fight their battles in Chinese collectors' home turf, with their rules, customs, and cultural idiosyncracies -- which locals are always better at understanding and exploiting.

Even if they hire crack lawyers from HK, the system is porous, and corrupt. The government of China seems half-unwilling to crack down on such activities, anyway.

This is a recipe for utter rep watch chaos, although I do believe that a strong crackdown is possible, no matter what anyone says about cockroaches (the analogy that if you step on one, 10 will appear immediately). Yes, there are plenty of Guangzhou dealers, but Andrew and Joshua are special. There is a reason Hublot are targetting their reps, and not Paul's types of HBBs, even just for show and tell...

@Cableguy: :D :D

@Starbug: OMG! That is awful...we don't need that kind of traffic / nosey parkers here, right??

im sure josh and andrew are only 2 of a hundreds of dealers selling the same watch and provided with the same pics from the factory... and ya they know what they are doing and hopefully keeping themselves hidden.

After all, when you get a rep as good as the Big Bang, the real manufacturer is sure to find out quickly. Im sure Hublot has bought many many of these reps off the net to tear down and investigate.

Lonnie

the problem with hublot is the reps are being sold in the middle east and in south america as genuines,that is what has gotten Hublot paniced... if it were just about the reps it would not be a problem but there are oyther parties involved, other than dealers that we don't need to bother ourselves with ... these super reps are finding their way to buyers that are paying mega bucks for them

Those are all stock pics from the manufacturer. They could have gotten them anywhere. As for action being brought against our dealers, don't make me laugh. These guys are somewhere in China amongst thousands of fake watch dealers and millions of fake watches. They are untouchable by mr Biver who is located somewhere in Switzerland. If anything could be done, GAF and Rolex would have done it long ago.

BTW, looking at those side by side comparisons makes me realize we need to ge the factory to upgrade the winding rotor. It looks horrible next to the gen.. :p

the problem with hublot is the reps are being sold in the middle east and in south america as genuines,that is what has gotten Hublot paniced... if it were just about the reps it would not be a problem but there are oyther parties involved, other than dealers that we don't need to bother ourselves with ... these super reps are finding their way to buyers that are paying mega bucks for them

Good insight, Lanikai.

I can't speak about the Middle East, but in South America the people who can afford gen Hublots (or Pateks, Rolexes, and Vacherons, in order of popularity from my experiences) are not easily fooled, or easily part with anything approaching U$1,000, let alone 19 times that much, which was the price quoted to me at Tourneau.

In many parts of South America (as in China itself), if someone screws you over, you hire a hit man for $100 and you have them killed. So the people who are selling these Hublots as gens are surely not ADs or watchmakers with established shopfronts. They would be very easily retaliated against.

And obviously, no one buys pricey watches from "camel

Yes .. V ... actually i thought you could comment best on the sociological aspect of the mind set in these countries...

and like I said before...we make up a very , very small portion of the Rep world. we are not the beggining nor the end..

we would be very naieve to think that our dealers and we were the only factions involve in the "hobby" of reps.. and with that said .. for me it is a HOBBY .. and the collectors provide that hobby.. but there are other factions .. that is why I feel we need to protect our dealers.. no matter if you like them or not... it is not about personalities...

personaly I don't want to see them put out of business ... none of them.. then what ??

As an example of this ... I do have first hand knowledge in the governments intrution into the right to choose ..I represented Hawaii Bikers in the legislature and as it's director when we had the world conference on the east coast... representatives from all over the world.. Germany ,UK, every state and every biker club in the USA ... to come together to fight the helmet law

the federal government was going to withhold highway funds unless every state passed a mandatory helmet law ( millions ),

Hawaii wa one of the only states that got the law put down every year ... we as a whole got the Federal government to repeal the laws.. and once repealed can never come back

representatives from the UK brought tapes made by the government wanting to put seat belts on bikes... ( utterly stupid)

we joined together because what happens in one part of the world "will" adversely affect the rest of the world...

my point in all of this is we need to stay neutral in what we think and feel about the colectors and keep this hobby safe for us all.. i

I just broke my annonymity .. if you were involve with motorcycles and or Clubs ..then you know my colours .. if not ... no need

Lani

Yes .. V ... actually i thought you could comment best on the sociological aspect of the mind set in these countries...

LOL! Me? :)

I am not speaking ex-cathedra, my Lanikai. Simply a set of impressions based on some personal experiences! I'm sure others have equally valid opinions about what's what in So. America.

personaly I don't want to see them put out of business ... none of them.. then what ??

Wait...you don't want the fraudsters to be put out of business?? Can't agree with you there, my love.

What Andrew and Joshua do is knowingly sell replica watches to hobbyists and one-time buyers who know full well they are buying reps. That is quite a different thing from someone selling a rep Hublot for $3000, saying it's legit, but stolen, without papers, or giving them a Nigerian scammer sob story about being bankrupt and needing fast money.

Also, if a person like me, someone who owns a substandard copy of an Hublot rep sells it as one of the high-quality ones like Raymond, Hambone and others have, then that too is scamming.

I presume this is what is happening in South America, too. They are getting Paul-type Hublots, and selling them as the higher-priced, almost 1:1 HBB reps.

Who's to know, if you haven't seen them side-by-side? I mean, it's not like you can ask Hublot about it. :p

About the biker stuff, well, there we are. Gold Gym, biker, with tats. If we marry, you're gonna have to change A LOT.

@Lanikai: LOL! I was ribbing you, darling. No offence taken absolutely not! I'm not that touchy. :)

EDIT: Well, okay I'm a little touchy. Don't mention the war (or my dad).

NOOO .. misunderstood ... don't want any of our dealers put out of business .. i would like to see the scammers jailed..

please don't put "bikers" in one categlory I just like to ride ..

and I would have "hoped" you would add to the insight to these countries,.. with your background in history and travel experience... meant it as a postive babe..