When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement review - A7750, running seconds at "3"

RWG Technical

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ziggy,

It is this sort of review/post, that makes me proud of this place, and happy that I am a member of RWG.

Imagine the quality info that those who aren't members here miss.

Not even the gen forums have this quality of input.

Congrats my friend, you've done us proud again.

Offshore

great review as always...nice to know that the asians are improving with their own movements...usually they learn fast in copying all kind of stuff...in the next few years we will probably see more and more complicated movements from them...if they did the tourbillons why they wouldn't do propoerly other movements...

too bad on the other hand that now I'll have to rob a bank to buy all the nice reps that will come out...

and as somebody pointed out...reps are going to become more and more expensive with all this improvements on the movements that have been done...

Thanks for sharing, The Zigmeister. Very educating post as usual.

To add to your request for running seconds at 6, maybe they can also make one with running seconds at 12? Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge on this. But is it way too complicated to build?

It's high time someone get a correct movement for the AP ROO, be it the EOD, MBK or the 'usual' rep.

Just realised that this opens up the path for a whole lot of other super reps!!! can anyone say "secs at 12"??? AP???

Is the ETA 7750 or modified versions too thick for this watch?

Also the plane of the pushers is different to the plane of the crown on the genuine.

Subdial placement is also non-standard, so it can't be used in other watches, so we'll see if the makers think the ROO will sell enough to make all that money.

Yes, we can only hope they use this design on the other models out there...

Well that would not be accurate, there are 9 extra jewels on this one, 25+9 = 34 jewels in total...lets not tell them, or they will up the price...

Not in this case, look at the design and how it was done, the last plate you see, is no thicker than a standard 7750 with a calendar, and probably thinner than the A7750 (3) with the 30-minute counter at 3.

I did not measure the thickness, but I think it's the same as a standard 7750 layout model.

RG

thats it im getting this watch :)... heheh thanks The Zigmeisteryyyy!!!

Another fabulous review. :D Now I just need to remember what watches have or will have this revised movement.

Speedmaster? ;)

Not really a fan of the Bentley watch...