When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 + BMW 840Ci = Perfect Combo

eunomians

Quick & dirty pics taken with the iPhone's crappy as hell camera.

Not to mention that the pics themselves are pretty bad composition-wise, too (nice garage full of garbage! Hahaa!).

But, they are a reminder to me that I need to bust out the Canon DSLR or Leicas to take proper pics of this winning combo.

Stay tuned, but for now, here are some examples... Please note that I did swap out the head unit to OEM CD43, so these pics are not ultra-recent!

IWC 3717 + BMW E31 840Ci = Perfect & Unusual Match (unlike boring McDonald's Combo Meal Rolex Submariner + BMW 3-Series E46)

:lol:

3717 & E31 were made for speed!!

3717 fits perfectly in the E31 cockpit!

photodkt6.jpg

photoaqp4.jpg

photocop9.jpg

photoeum8.jpg

I'll have to update my signature pics, this E31 is my new baby

bmws are amazing machines to drive. got my old 735i e32 up to 230 kmh the other night.

and thats a car from 88.

drives like a charm.

the 850i is my dream machine. but just too expensive in denmark. we have a 180% TAX on cars, so a used 850 is still around 30.000 euros.

I'm not much of a car person but I really like the 8-series. I test drove the V12 version once... impressive. Great car you have mate!!!

I have a "car wristshot" too... gotta take more of these. :)

po_w.jpg

lovely car you have Euno...love both, BMW and Alfa Romeo...had the pleasure to have the Alfa 166, lately been thinking of getting the BMW 330CD but have to earn some more $$$ to buy it...as for the Benzo, never liked it except the top line of them that is tooo expensive...

nice combo...wear&drive them well

Very, very nice Euno!

Please tell us more about the car - you had a 7 Series before this, yes?

Hi Rek!

I still have the E32 750iL. But she is sadly going to be retiring soon due to heater core problems. She had a good run though; and she still drives albeit a bit too hot since the cooling system has reached the end of its life. I might dump more money into her though. It would be a shame to get rid of it.

I recently picked up this E31 840Ci because I came across an offer I could not refuse. I had been searching for a 1 owner low mileage example in mint condition. After waiting for many years, I finally found thee one. 58k, all service papers, pristine mint condition. Everything is like new on this baby. There were only about 7000 V8 examples made, and I was looking for an E31 that could be my daily driver. I found it! Why the V8 instead of the V12? Well it's simple. The V8 is easy to maintain. The V12 is like having two cranky V6 engines to look after. And the performance difference is essentially nil. Don't get me wrong, the V12 M70 engine is bulletproof, it's just a little costly to keep out on the road. Anyhow, I will be installing staggered 18" x 8 and 18" x 9.5 M-Parallel rims with Pirelli Nero tires soon. And I will slap on a gentle 3M ceramic tint to the windows, and add some angled Flowmaster exhaust tips.

The most important issue though comes first: :animal_rooster: I need to replace the lower oil pan gasket (leaking and should've been changed at 50k). I already have the gasket, and I will install it this weekend.

Other than that, this car is like new. And it is dedicated to my father, who never got a chance to see it (but he asked me everyday about it). He's lucky though, he still gets to ride in it when I pick up his ashes tomorrow and deliver them to my mother's house B) Just me & my Pop & a whole lotta open lanes!!

Cheers :)

PS. I love the car & watch combo pics! Nice rides, gentlemen! Like I mentioned earlier, I will take better pics when time permits.

Very nice, Euno. Your patience paid off handsomely.

I wish I could own a car like that, but I wouldn't know where to even begin.

PS. I love the car & watch combo pics! Nice rides, gentlemen! Like I mentioned earlier, I will take better pics when time permits.

In this thread's honour, and the vision of you and your dad riding in your fresh new ride tomorrow, I changed my avatar. Here is the bigger version:

pam113carcs0.jpg

Dad is a Beemer man, mother and I are Mercedes gals. If I marry an Italian, as is quite possible, I'll buy the first USA-Alfa due to come out in 2008.

The 8 series is SWEET (one of the few cars of its time that still looks better then most cars on the road today)....my SL lease is up in 7 months I may look into BMW but most likely will go S/CL/CLS or another SL which will be facelifted again for 2009 (bastards).

Let me guess you never even looked under the bonnet and it's an auto........yet you can strip down your piece blindfolded in a dark room. You've gone native girl. :p

Just call me Viktoria Kalashnikova, Febus!

(Actually, I'm not as good as that. But I have helped dad clean his handguns, and if push comes to shove, I could feed my family by shooting my own prey. But change a tyre, or the oil? Where's the nearest Firestone?)

• 1 month later...