When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob of the Month award

Pugwash

Noob of the Month award

The first winner of our new, hopefully monthly, award will be announced below. We felt that every so often, some new members to RWG show promise and that this kind of thing needs rewarding. We hope to pluck a newcomer from obscurity every month and give them a 6-month VIP membership provided by the forum's gracious Admin.

This month, a new member has posted not one but two excellent Photoshop articles and left an indelible mark on this community. It is with great pleasure we award Jiro with the first ever Noob of the Month. Congratulations, Jiro.

Thanks,

By-Tor and Pugwash,

Noob of the Month Committee

Congrats Jiro. And great how to Photoshop tutorial. The feature I like the best about CS2 is the "shadow/highlight" adjustment. Don't know if your version has this, but might be worth an upgrade. By the way, thanks for getting the award. I was slightly befuddled by what I was going to put in my 100th post (this one) because most of the time I don't have too much to say or contribute (I'm still learning loads of stuff), but I figured this was the perfect opportunity. Remember, we're all noobs at something. :1a:

Congratulations, Jiro.

This is a great reminder to all of us that the value of a member has nothing to do with their longevity or sheer volume of posts.

We were all noobies once, and are all noobies at some or (in my case) many aspects of this hobby. To paraphrase John F. Kennedy from his Cold War visit to Berlin: "Ich bin ein Noobie!"

Medal? what medal?.....

<===== oh that.....it says nice and clear..... NOOB!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha ......hhahha.....hah.a....h.a.h.a......

....hmmm......this isn't a prank or anything right guys??? :g:

why do I not feel good for having that ""NOOB" medal right below my avatar.... :g: hmm....

:p

....hmmm......this isn't a prank or anything right guys??? :g:

I hope not. :blink:

It's supposed to encourage new members of this site to contribute, knowing the other members do actually listen and pay attention, that accolades and rewards are not just for a clique of old members.

Congrats, Jiro!

I would not worry too much about that medal. I bet it will vanish as soon as you get to your 1K post.

And congrats to Pug and BT as well. Brilliant idea.