When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How tight do you wear your watch?

cranium

I've been experimenting with how tight to wear my watch(es). Typically, I have worn them loose (a tad rattly) as I don't like things feeling "sticky", but recently I've noticed that if I see a watch on someone else that's too loose, it reminds me of a poorly tailored suit ... not good.

Second, I have quite a large "pisiform bone" (I believe that's what it's called - google it) , so unless the watch is extremely loose, it ends up either sitting very high or very low on my wrist. Too high looks, well, gay ... but too low interferes with wrist extension while driving, etc.

I've noticed in the "wristcheck" pics that many people photograph their watch super low on their wrist (almost on top of their hand, i.e., By-Tor CLICK HERE). Obviously, it's a personal preference, but what do you think "looks" best? How do YOU wear YOUR watch?

If it's a SS bracelet.. it is "supposed" to be worn like a bracelet... with one finger being able to fit between the bracelet and your wrist" .. but I find this too loose with the mechanical movement watches being thicker and with more weight than other watches.. but i like to be able to fit my pinky finger (tight) in between the bracelet and my wrist.. for heavier (UPO) cases I wear it loose but not loose inough to fiy any fingers in between the bracelet and my wrist..

If it's a leather strap I don't like to "feel" the strap is tight at all and the thicker and stiffer the strap .. then i will wear it a little loose.. but it does not move around when the strap is a little thicker ...ie. Mario Paci PAV 91....

but this is a personal preference ... I don't find a need to be like the L.A. Dweebs that say you have wear things a certain way.. :yawn:

LIVE STONG AND WEAR IT WELL :D

The pisiform is the wrist bone most prominent on the palm side of the hand, below the 5th digit, at the junction of the hand and wrist. The scaphoid process of the ulna is probably what you are referring to. It's the large protuberance on the opposite side of the pisiform, or back of the hand, just as the wrist starts. If the scaphoid process is large it would tend to prevent your bracelet from sliding onto the base of the hand.

You can see it to the right of my Sub bracelet:

DSCF0496_DXO-copy-copy.jpg

I prefer to wear my watches loose, at the base of the hand:

SOSFwrist.jpg

This way they are more visible and I don't have to pull back my sleeve to see the time.

Heavy watches have to be worn tighter or they flop around too much. I have since tightened up my SOSF bracelet.

I always wear my watches low on my wrist (as in the wrist shots) so they are beneath the wrist bone. However, some are more comfortable this way than others. For example, my Planet Ocean Big Size is not even noticeable when moving my hand, but my PAM 111h is definitely noticeable when flexing my wrist. Tightness varies depending on strap or bracelet, but also material. SS Bracelets I will wear looser than straps, but, a rubber strap, I will wear looser than I will wear a leather strap. As mentioned above, I guess it's a matter of personal taste, and something that varies :)

When I wear a stainless band watch I like it loose enough that it flops a little but not loose enough to turn round the wrist. Recently I have found that a good NATO feels much more comfortable. I installed one on my UPO and it doesn't seem as heavy and bulky. There's something about the way a NATO feels that makes watches seem lighter.

i wear my pams fitted.....not too snug. i wear the watches on my left hand and the pam cg's have put a slight scar/tan on the back of my hand from constant office wrist movement.....(all you Pam fans know what im talking about)