When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG I need your help and suggestions.

millwright

The better half needs a nicer watch than the Fossil she's rockin'.... The only caveat is that she is allergic to nickel, and thusly, cannot wear anything that is stainless steel. Not even a caseback can make contact.

Short of a large PAM on a military strap, does anyone on this wonderful board full of smart, intelligent, innovative people have ANY ideas?

I've included a pic of her for motivation.

Please note that any jewelry you see her wearing is either platinum or white gold. Not exactly cheap. I have no hopes or desires to pay for a rep of that nature... if I'm going to spend that much, I'll go GEN.

Thanks!

PA15801102256.jpg

She's pretty ;-) She's worth whatever you have to spend...

I was going to say a Titanium watch, but I don't know of any good ladies reps that are Titanium.

If you want to go expensive, a gen Rado on ceramic would be nice. They are completely made of ceramic. There's a lot of cool watches made of alternative materials these days, and ones where just the leather touches the wrist like this one

A407-hero.jpg

She's pretty ;-) She's worth whatever you have to spend...

I was going to say a Titanium watch, but I don't know of any good ladies reps that are Titanium.

If you want to go expensive, a gen Rado on ceramic would be nice. They are completely made of ceramic. There's a lot of cool watches made of alternative materials these days, and ones where just the leather touches the wrist like this one

A407-hero.jpg

I agree completely and I'm willing to spend whatever it takes. The BEST part about her is that she doesn't care for expensive things. She's very down-to-Earth.... she loves football and wings more than I do, and could care less about trendy bags or nice jewelry. She thinks my collection of (gen) Breitlings and Rollies is silly, and wonders why I don't stick to just REPS.

Thanks for the ideas.... any reps of these? I know the ceramic Chanel is decent (as mentioned before) but it still has the SS caseback and the bad caseback fitment issues.

I only ask for rep suggestions, b/c as mentioned earlier, she doesn't want me to spend a lot of $$$ on it... but I'd like her to have a nice looking watch with a decent swiss movement. Swiss quartz is fine too.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Has anyone told you she looks like Anna Kournikova <_<

Davidsen's 055 White dial titanium would look great on her IMO

You think so? That's a first. The picture that I've posted here is a little deceiving. It was for one of her comp cards a while back. She's only 5'5.

I think Ms. Kournikova has her beat... ha ha ha.

You don't think a 055 would look too big on her?

My mom is allergic to nickel as well. Can't wear silver or gold plated jewelery. I bought her a genuine two tone rolex datejust a couple years back and she wears it every day and has no problems. Steel that is 316L or higher 904 in newer rolexes is hypoallergenic. Many of the rep watches claim to be 316l steel and some may be. I have a bad reaction to cheap metal in the form of a breakout on my wrist. i have no problem wearing any high end rep even gold plated. Of course the solid gold gens are the best.

I'd suggest a few...

Chanel J12, but, as Hyster suggested, on a bund strap which goes beneath the caseback. I did this with my fiance's J12, and she never took it off, until a Hublot Big Bang Aspen arrived for her step-sister's birthday present, and she decided to keep it for herself :lol: On that line, an HBB might be suitable, but, they're not light on the wallet. I think the watch which would suit her best, would be a titanium Panerai B)

Pardon me, I just came back to look at the picture again... :bounce:

Just for you my friend.... I took this one in natural daylight on our red couch... gotta love a 50mm 1.4

PA15801102236.jpg

A few random shots from around the house and in my rig.

kateandemily_edited.jpg

P0001266.jpg

I just don't see the Anna Kournikova reference... but she certainly appreciates the compliment!

Thanks for all the compliments and the ideas. One poster simply recommended putting clear nail polish over the SS caseback of the Chanel J12.... I kinda like that idea.... anything else? She doesn't like my PAM's (GEN or REP) seeing as how she is TINY. (as in my Rolex pieces look huge on her).

Thanks again guys!

One poster simply recommended putting clear nail polish over the SS caseback of the Chanel J12.... I kinda like that idea.... anything else? She doesn't like my PAM's (GEN or REP) seeing as how she is TINY. (as in my Rolex pieces look huge on her).

Thanks again guys!

I've heard people say about using clear laquer to prevent a nickel reaction before as well. The one thing I would say, is that such a coating might require periodic replacement... If Rolexes look huge on her, then a PAM would be ludicrously oversized... The Chanel J12 comes in a 33mm case, so should be about right, and, I'd still suggest putting it on a bund strap thus: (sorry for the poor photos, but they'll give you the idea)

02-05-07_2228.jpg

02-05-07_2233.jpg