When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking About First Pam

tmark

I've been around for awhile bought several watches from EL, and loving it. I realize this is blasphemous but all the PAMS look pretty much alike to me. A lot of you love these watches so I guess I ought to buy one and see if I get hooked. I like my watches to be accurate reps so I'm wondering, especially for a virgin PAM owner which one you might recommend and which dealer if they have different stock.

thanks

Please don't flame me-- I think this is a legitimate question--

111H with swan neck regulator. Or 005 - solid caseback so no worries about the movement, however make sure the 005 comes with brushed CG

ps my Avatar is my 005 re-lumed by Finepics

Edited by baltic

Thanks Everyone,

I'm surprised that I wasn't told a hundred different models (figuring everyone has their favorite). So it seems that the 111h and 177h got the most votes. Now can you tell me why you recommended those? Are they the most accurate reps? Are they a classic? Or are they just the most popular? Again I apologize but they all look fairly similar to me. thanks again for the response, it is very helpful for us newbies.

Is the 111h mostly offered in the handwind version only?

Yes as that is how the gen is.

@tmark

I say the 036, my first and still my fav so far. Though to be fair I have yet to get a 111/111h and that was going to be my first one.

Mmmmmmmmmm Panerai

54470-35707.jpg

Is the 111h mostly offered in the handwind version only?

As drizznay said yes, just like the original. And don't let it put you off - I was a bit worried that it would be a pain in the [censored] (after a series of automatics) but I quite enjoy it!

I have to join the club of 111H lovers. It's just so nice.

My first Pam was a 36 black dial, around this time last year. Since then, i bought a 192 on bracelet, but nothing prepared me for the sheer class of the sandwich dialed 111H. It's just so simple and stylish. It's even prompted me to build a strap collection, which is something my other two Pams never did.

The my titanium 36 looks dull by comparison; though that hasn't stopped me wanting a 177H.

OK, it looks like we have a consensus.

111H or 177H, which is identical to 111H but made of titanium.

Could someone enumerate the major flaws of these models along with whether it is possible to fix them and how much the cost could be?

The most obvious flaw is the recessed cannon pinion.

Some months ago I kept reading that some PAMs had problems with crown guards.

Does it still apply?