When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you store your watches ?

kenmasters

Apologies if there was a similiar thread going on.. I was wondering how you all store your watches.. Do you have seperate boxes for each, a large box, or some sort of arm cushion, or do you throw them in corner somewhere like i do ?? :)

Hey Kenmasters (just noticed you were the newest registrant over at RWI, today).

I was thinking of posting a thread about this very thing! I'll try to take photos of my Steinhausen by Thursday, so you can see. Please note, the watches are splayed all over the house, in case of prowlers. ;)

EDIT: HEYA XIM!! I see you on, reading this. Long time! :wub:

No need for expensive boxes...

Go to a hardware store. You'll surely find a 8 or 10 or more placed boxes... yeah similar to watch boxes.

less than $10 but. raw.

then take it to a leathersmith or a tailor.

pay around $10-15, make inside the box covered and pillows made :)

than you have a nice watchbox.

why give big money on ready watch boxes? money should be saved for new watches :)

my .02

Edited by deepsea

I have had a few watch storage "pouches" made of Pacific cloth, also called silversmith cloth ... the same material used in the storage pouches used to store sterling silver tableware. In fact, my watch storage pouches are patterned after these tableware store-and-roll-up things. I have some with 2 inch pockets and some with 2.5 inch pockets (for watches 40mm and up). Slip the watches in, one to a pocket, roll up the pouch and tie it up with a ribbon sown onto the pouch ... or for the ones which I use regularly, fold the pouch flap over the pockets and put the pouch in my desk drawer from which I can select the watch I will wear tomorrow morning.

These pouches cost me about $6 each and each stores 6 watches, each nicely protected.

Hey Kenmasters (just noticed you were the newest registrant over at RWI, today).

I was thinking of posting a thread about this very thing! I'll try to take photos of my Steinhausen by Thursday, so you can see. Please note, the watches are splayed all over the house, in case of prowlers. ;)

EDIT: HEYA XIM!! I see you on, reading this. Long time! :wub:

yeah, i only post on rwg, but i don't mind reading opinions and reviews from other sites.. ! :)

Looks like we have a bunch of comedians here.. I was thinking of making an arm cushion that is suspended with some legs. No need for a cover. just something to hold the watches in place without touching any hard surfaces. But with only 2 reps, I'm still a long way to go too ;)