When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

tourby celestial project - one of the most sensational watch

t

Hi friends

working now since 8 months on this project watch... and it should my absolute favorite. It is not ready. Movement, dial and hands are ready but case is missing. It is very difficult to find a customs case for this big 43mm dial. Case must be 46mm or bigger :unsure:

But here will show the movement, dial and hands. This case is only for sample...

dial: celestial dial genuine Maurice Lacroix

hands: genuine Maurice Lacroix breguet gold hands, blued small second hand

movement: genuine Maurice Lacroix ETA 6498 overworked 100% full by hand from Master Jochen Benzinger himself. I will not ask to much about this movement... you see what a sensational movement it is... but one thing: the main plate is genuine PLATINUM plated blue.

here comes a lot of pics pics:

tourbycelestial122.jpg

tourbycelestial114.jpg

tourbycelestial107.jpg

tourbycelestial124.jpg

tourbycelestial113.jpg

tourbycelestial081.jpg

tourbycelestial001.jpg

tourbycelestial014.jpg

tourbycelestial035.jpg

tourbycelestial043.jpg

tourbycelestial055.jpg

tourbycelestial059.jpg

tourbycelestial061.jpg

tourbycelestial066.jpg

tourbycelestial077.jpg

tourbycelestial081.jpg

tourbycelestial070.jpg

tourbycelestial101.jpg

tourbycelestial104.jpg

So YOU are the one that has that JB movement! Awesome! When I was doing some background research on JB before buying my Subskription, I saw that movement pictured on his site; of all the different creations he had pictured on his site, that one was one of my favorites. Personally, I would ask Benzinger if he could get the same case used for his 48mm quarter repeater he did with Hermann Grieb made in a 43mm size. Or get in touch with van der Klaauw, and see if he can make the cases he uses on his real heavy hitters (planetarium, astrolabium, etc) in 43mm diameter. That ML movement and dial needs 18k YG, and either the JB/HG or CV cases in 43mm diameter are exactly what will set them off most, IMO. Congrats on an absolutely stunning set of innards; good luck with getting the case they deserve, and I look forward to seeing the end result!

So YOU are the one that has that JB movement! Awesome! When I was doing some background research on JB before buying my Subskription, I saw that movement pictured on his site; of all the different creations he had pictured on his site, that one was one of my favorites. Personally, I would ask Benzinger if he could get the same case used for his 48mm quarter repeater he did with Hermann Grieb made in a 43mm size. Or get in touch with van der Klaauw, and see if he can make the cases he uses on his real heavy hitters (planetarium, astrolabium, etc) in 43mm diameter. That ML movement and dial needs 18k YG, and either the JB/HG or CV cases in 43mm diameter are exactly what will set them off most, IMO. Congrats on an absolutely stunning set of innards; good luck with getting the case they deserve, and I look forward to seeing the end result!

yes i saw this ML movement also on Benzingers site and ask him if he could do the same for me... but my movement is a little bit different. The main plate is platinum overworked blue... like his $68.000 watch with Herman Grieb.

benzinger or grieb or else don

Looks quite upmarket and classy. Very impressive. One question - does it actually run on a 24 hour time judging by the numbering?

yes it run 24h... not 12h

this is a very rare 6498 movement with different hour wheel and cannion pin etc.

but maybe will rebuild it to a 12h time? :g:

yes i saw this ML movement also on Benzingers site and ask him if he could do the same for me... but my movement is a little bit different. The main plate is platinum overworked blue... like his $68.000 watch with Herman Grieb.

benzinger or grieb or else don

You should see if Benzinger would be interested in collaborating with you in having a 43mm version of the case used in the 68k B&G watch he made; maybe see if Dirk would go in on the deal too. Actually, Roland Murphy (RGM) would probably interested as well. Between those guys, not to mention many other reasonably well known independent watchmakers, you could probably make it happen. Or you could just show the factories that there would be demand from B&G, RGM, and many other independent watchmakers to warrant making the design, so that you can buy it on a smaller scale. As the saying goes, Tourby, "When there's a will, there's a way"!

Also, you should definitely keep it as a 24h movement. Having such a rare 6498 like that really contributes to its' uniqueness. Making it a 12h would totally diminish that.

oh no no no... Dirk is very arrogant, i have wait 8 months for his simple swan neck modification on my hand engraved movements. And Dirk don