When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SMP pro, too good to be true

casanile

BTW - Ryaku, good thing you didn't file that PP complaint after all, you got a winner over there. To be honest, I could live with the scratches on the insert if I got the correct hands, correct HE valve, etc.

Enjoy the watch.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, i hope Angela will ship to all of you the correct watch asap.

BTW - Ryaku, good thing you didn't file that PP complaint after all, you got a winner over there. To be honest, I could live with the scratches on the insert if I got the correct hands, correct HE valve, etc.

Enjoy the watch.

triplehd maybe you're right, i know for sure i like the watch despite flaws.

But considered the price i wish it was flawless.

@Ryaku - How's the lume color?

Jim

Jim, lume dial is not so good. Lume on hands is way better.

well, I've received the watch today... it's an cheap asian version too :( :( :( :( what a mess

chisco can you please post some pics? I'm curios to see if it's the same model other mates received days ago.

Indeed a shame considering few of us have received the right model so far.

Take your time chisco, no hurry at all, just curious.

Am i wrong or the auction is no more on ioffer?

Maybe Angela is checking the actual availability.

Ive seen her listing come and go on ioffer. Ive been in contact with Angela. She is shippnig 3 watches back to them to get 3 new ones sent to her to inspect. Before all this takes place, she sent a mail to her supplier to check to make sure they have them in stock before shipping. Mine is targeted to arrive at her place today. So, we'll wait and see.

this is the one that I've received... short hands, case, bracelet and bezel are from the asian version... greenish dial hour marks, very weak lume, etc... I think this is not a asian 21j movement... it ticks like 28800 so I asume is some 'ETA'-like movement... clasp has not deep graving like the SMP chrono...

photos are from a mobile phone at work...

IMAGE_00010.jpg

IMAGE_00009.jpg

IMAGE_00005.jpg

Take your time chisco, no hurry at all, just curious.

Am i wrong or the auction is no more on ioffer?

Maybe Angela is checking the actual availability.

this is the one that I've received... short hands, case, bracelet and bezel are from the asian version... greenish dial hour marks, very weak lume, etc... I think this is not a asian 21j movement... it ticks like 28800 so I asume is some 'ETA'-like movement... clasp has not deep graving like the SMP chrono...

Got exactly the same watch. Just talked to Angela and she is waiting to hear back from her supplier whether or not she can get more of the black ones in. She asked me if I wanted the blue one, but don't know if I like the blue since its very hard to rep that blue color for this model.

I originally had 2 versions of this watch - an asian model with the short hands and correct HE valve, but sold it in '05. Then got an ETA Swiss model, but had the incorrect datewheel (white instead of black), but everything else wsa fine. Sold that one in '06. Looking back, what a dumb mother f'er I was, right? :)

I got the $ 108 black smp from trusty some months ago too... it has better bracelet and dial than the one I received today and same case and bezel insert :-O ... I think I'll ask for a refund ... "too good to be true"

asian black SMP from trusty:

P1010810.jpg

P1010811.jpg

Got exactly the same watch. Just talked to Angela and she is waiting to hear back from her supplier whether or not she can get more of the black ones in. She asked me if I wanted the blue one, but don't know if I like the blue since its very hard to rep that blue color for this model.
Edited by chisco

chisco that date font looks like a eta wheel but if you can't get the old factory model go for a refund.

triplehd the blue dial seamaster could be a good replacement..... you can find a genuine dial in the future if you're concerned about replica color accuracy.

triplehd do you remember if your old watch swiss version had the same shitty crystal?

My crystal seems a loupe sometimes...

I'm not even sure if i want to have it coated .... not sure it's worth it.

smp6.jpg

smp4.jpg

As for clasp is exactly like yours:

smp5.jpg

oh believe me the blue dial is spot on!

Guest jagleaso

Was the quality on your blue as Angela described? or was it one of the duds?

I ordered a blue also and its at customs as we speak.

I hate to ask, but is the color the same as the gen? Doesn't look like it? I see that the HE valve is correct, but I think the dial color is off a bit. I don't care about the hands, because I'll replace it with the gen. This is why I am pulling more for the black version.

triplehd do you remember if your old watch swiss version had the same shitty crystal?

My crystal seems a loupe sometimes...

I'm not even sure if i want to have it coated .... not sure it's worth it.

To be honest - can't remember. Looks like yours might have more of a dome effect than regular dome looking crystals. If you want, you can go to krysworks and order a brand new sapphire crystal, single sided, for about $70. Got one for my GMT and it looks great. If I can source the black one, probably will replace it with a new crystal.

Angela has just sent me a message to tell me the tracking number (mine is being posted today) and that she has seen it and that it is correct. She admitted that she has been having problems and that's why she is geting them sent to her to inspect first. Fingers crossed it will be correct. I already have an 'old school' one with the correct HE position and the best crown guards that I've ever seen but it is getting a bit tired looking with scratches on the bezel insert. However, it has a bracelet with pins so I will only keep whichever one I like best.

I hate to ask, but is the color the same as the gen? Doesn't look like it? I see that the HE valve is correct, but I think the dial color is off a bit. I don't care about the hands, because I'll replace it with the gen. This is why I am pulling more for the black version.

you tell me. i havent seen the gen in person, but in pics they look identical!

2004643737636302465_rs.jpg

2004637089182915796_rs.jpg

To be honest - can't remember. Looks like yours might have more of a dome effect than regular dome looking crystals. If you want, you can go to krysworks and order a brand new sapphire crystal, single sided, for about $70. Got one for my GMT and it looks great. If I can source the black one, probably will replace it with a new crystal.

That's a good idea but are we sure size is the same?

Frankly this is the worst crystal i've ever seen.

Believe it or not, there has been some transition models between the all original closed factory SMPs and the current ones now on offer.

From what i remember, when the limited edition 007 close factory came to be available - there was a crop of black SMP, electric SMP and white/black GMT. Those were the best - serial number on the lug, solid bezel insert, correct HEV position (not on the GMT model) and the bracelet were second to none.

Then they disappeared from the market, but lately, which I mean last 2-3 years, I have seen some decent reps crop up that ressemble the closed factory watch - serial number and correct HEV. Unfortunately, everything else has been bad.

So i'm assuming these ones that Angela has been able to source has been the later transitional models that show some promise but still not the original stuff.