When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

World Cup Predictions

Undermeman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

high hopes for you Undermeman....

no way pasta boys gonna win...they don't have the little thing called "luck" to go all the way to the top...

let's be honest...there are better teams than the italian...and there is always the little country CROATIA that beats you on this occasions...

well...hope to see or Croatia or Netherlands winning th WC...

If any of you are gambling people, I hear that putting money on France to win (Netherlands are the next best) is a good bet. Meaning that their chances are better than the odds at the moment. Cisse has just broken a leg which, frankly, can only improve things! ;)

Almost as interesting - I wonder who the "surprise package" will be this year - this year's Cameroon, Croatia or South Korea. Hmm.... :g:

Australia?! :Jumpy:

Yup I think you're both right that one of these African teams will give people like me (that bet all their money on the usual suspects) a good kicking.

It's usually about this time that I become very fearful that England might actually win the feckin' thing! Deep breaths...

Gerrard is amazing. (Up there with Chic Charnley for sure. :lol: )

But after they breeze through the group stage, it gets tough for them very quickly.

But after they breeze through the group stage, it gets tough for them very quickly.

Yes, but we've got the best team we've had in a long time. I don't want to go on about Mickey's foot, but if it's healed, we'll gbe Gerrardlampardrooneybeckhaming our way to the semis and maybe beyond.

Now, if we could only find a decent goalie ...

Guest overboosted

My prediction.................

America doesnt give a [censored] once again.

I find it weird that a sport SO huge oversees never caught on in the US.

I predict with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY..... That all will have to endure several weeks of this unending worldwide diatribe of twaddle.

Well Said Reg. I HATE football with a passion and can't wait for ENgland get knocked out so I don't have to hear as much crap about 1968 again!!

Well Said Reg. I HATE football with a passion and can't wait for ENgland get knocked out so I don't have to hear as much crap about 1968 again!!

Ahh Shaun didnt know you were a kindred spirit!

Tell you what.......

To ease the anguish of the forthcoming weeks you can avail yourself of any one of my watches....

@ 50% DISCOUNT !!!

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Edited by narikaa

Favourites: Brasil - probably the best attacking team in the world... defence is suspect as ever.

Good chance: Argentina - best passing team in the world. If they win, will everyone copy the style of having an old-fashioned playmaker (Riquelme) pulling the strings from midfield ?

England too if they can ever retain possession instead of hitting long balls to midget strikers (that's you Owen and Rooney). For the first time, I feel England have a chance, but after yesterday's match, the same old failings are there. Gerrard is shackled in a defensive midfield role which wastes him. Crouch needs support or his flicks and headers won't be useful.

France if they pick their best team and use decent tactics... dump the has-beens.

The Czech Republic is good too, but did they peak at Euro 2004 (which they should have won, but the Greeks targetted and injured Nedved)

Outsiders: Spain - can they ever be considered favourites with their track record? Definitely have the talent, just drop Raul! Man-for-man they line up as well as England, and dominated England in a recent match.

Portugal may not have enough sqaud depth or strength in attack.

Germany have home advantage but aren't good enough. Italy are solid but uninspiring and lack of creativity in midfield.

One for the statisticians, only one non-European team has ever one (once) in Europe. That was Brasil in 1958. The last 2 finals in Europe had Argentina (1990) and Brasil (1998) there though.