When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Italian Authorities Seize Maradona's Daytonas

ubiquitous

Didn't he play in the 'Rest of the World' celebrity charity team for Sport Aid? Didn't see the game but he's looking a lot healthier these days than he once did.

Tax evasion is a national sport in Italy - getting caught is the sign of a real idiot!

31 million euro in taxes? holy [censored]! how much does a soccer player make?

If it were on me, they all would make starving.

31 million euro in taxes? holy [censored]! how much does a soccer player make?

It's not they make that much, it's Italian taxes that are high.

It's not they make that much, it's Italian taxes that are high.

First, the mafia seduce him with their cocaine and women (and all those court cases - some true, some false - to get child support money for their kid. One Italian woman named her son Diega Armando Maradona Jr, and he plays for Napoli youth team, and it's since been proven that he really is Diego's son);

Second, opponents kicked him so much he couldnt even get onto the pitch without pain killers to stop the agony;

Third, lots of people have made more money from his name - Napoli themselves would probably never have won anything let alone 2 league titles without him - and probably no other player could have single-handedly had this big affect on success;

Fourth, the Italian government retrospectively tax him, and probably at a rate more than he had earned by the level of taxes levied - 31 million. Even nowadays, the highest salary that a club pays is around 4-5 million pounds a year (almost $8-10 million) not including marketing/advertising.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:lol:

:lol:

Nowadays, with endorsements, the top earner is probably Ronaldinho (the best player in the world) or David Beckham, who makes around $40-50 million a year I think.

I think Ronnie makes about 24 mio euro per year. But look at that poor sod Maradona, arguably one of the best football players of all times, but now a complete jerk. I cannot imagine that a guy like Ronnie once will end up like that.