When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega UPO or TAG Aquaracer Chronograph?

fivefive

Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting a new watch, but not sure which one i should go for... anyway, just wondering if anyone know which of these is a nicer watch overall???

many thanks,

five :D

I have the TAG for two weeks. Very nice watch. I think that UPO are not the most beatiful Omegas.

BOTH!!!!!! :)

Seriously, you can't go wrong with either and you'll probably eventually end up with both. The question is are you picky like some of us and will go crazy with mods? If so, the Aquaracer will need a replacement day and date wheel, while on the UPO you can replace the insert/dial/crystal/crown/tube. At the minimum some UPO's suffer from the crown stripping in the tube so you would want to replace the crown/tube. I've invested 1k in mods for my UPO and I have a Aquaracer on the way and will have the day/date wheels replaced and the crystal AR'd.

I liked the UPO...but when I tried on a gen PO, both the dealer and I went "...uuuuuh...no...not for you...too big for your wrist"...I have a 6.5" wrist.

The Breitling SFSO / SOSF is pretty close to the same size but for some reason doesn't look as visually "heavy".

I think the Tag looks better on smaller wrists than the UPO...YMMV.

I liked the UPO...but when I tried on a gen PO, both the dealer and I went "...uuuuuh...no...not for you...too big for your wrist"...I have a 6.5" wrist.

The Breitling SFSO / SOSF is pretty close to the same size but for some reason doesn't look as visually "heavy".

I think the Tag looks better on smaller wrists than the UPO...YMMV.

Everybody who wants a watch slightly nicer than a seiko buys a TAG. Everybody who wants a watch slightly nicer than a TAG buys an Omega. So get the PO.

Seriously, you can't go wrong with either and you'll probably eventually end up with both. The question is are you picky like some of us and will go crazy with mods? If so, the Aquaracer will need a replacement day and date wheel, while on the UPO you can replace the insert/dial/crystal/crown/tube. At the minimum some UPO's suffer from the crown stripping in the tube so you would want to replace the crown/tube. I've invested 1k in mods for my UPO and I have a Aquaracer on the way and will have the day/date wheels replaced and the crystal AR'd.

get the Tag crystal AR'd?? is it not AR'd already? :o

When the UPO first came out, many of us considered it to be very accurate except for the Omega emblem. Now, many of us are modding the heck out of the watch - gen dial, gen crystal, gen hands, etc which is costly, but the end results are awesome.

Never got into Tags - thought they were very simple watches. However, seeing this baby, would love to add it to my collection.

Either watch - you can't go wrong. If you're still undecided - get em both :)

Orange UPO

best black leather strap you can find with orange stitching

...can't beat that

:D hell.. truth be told

I'd trade my PAM 082 for a UPO with a similar double ridged croc-strap with sport stitching

:( only reason I let my UPO go was because I've already invested heavily on the pam strap (HKTan strap, ouch)

but yea... I think UPO

Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting a new watch, but not sure which one i should go for... anyway, just wondering if anyone know which of these is a nicer watch overall???

many thanks,

five :D

I have both and i think that the aquaracer is better quality and feels more solid (fooled an AD too!).

That said the UPO is also a nice watch if you have the wrist for it and has the advantage of the swiss movement.

If i had to make the choice between the two i would go for the Tag..but then that is just my opinion.

Good luck with your purchase :)