When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

slay

I had to disassemble the watch 3-times, because first I forgot to install the hour wheels (stupid me!) and then I just left out a little plate which goes on the hour wheel to keep it in place (because theres a little room between hour wheel and dial)... Lesson learned,

Damn those little hour wheel plates, I always forget them and remember right after getting the hands on! Looks great, I probably need to do the same. My fiddy has a swiss but non swan's neck and I'm trying to live with it. I actually have the right movement but I don't want to pop off the bezel on the fiddy, I had such a bad time trying to get it back on last time. Anyway,,,,,,,,,,looks great. nice job.
Edited by slay

if you do everythin right in your first try, I'd say its doable in an hour or so... depends on how careful you are and how steady your hands are!

I spend about 45mins to get them damn screws in the case-clamps....!

My philosophy with working on watches is that if you have any concerns about time, you increase the chances of making silly mistakes. I swear, every single stupid thing I've ever done working on a watch, ironically, was when I started to think how long is this taking me and when will I be done?

I agree with the screw camps being a pain, it takes forever and just seems to be one the least rewarding parts of the job. first, it always seems like the dent in the case is too low and if I get the clamp in it is sticking up and almost needs to be bent down to fit. I just did two movements today and had this exact problem with both. I guess the movement isn't fitting correctly in the case but I replaced it several times. After I get it to fit right, I usually set the screw with tweezers and try to get it started with the tip of the tweezer. For me, my favorite part is setting the hands, the least favorite part is working on those screw clamps to hold the movement in.

It looks like he's packing his bags and I'm quite happy to give him the time to do so if that's what he wants.

Just to clarify, it was decided in Admin that after his recent outburst's that we will ban him for 7 days as we are all happy that he was given enough chances, however if he whishes to completely cut his ties I will hold off the ban until he has taken what he wants.

In other words slay if you read this.............if you close the door don't come crying back.

Ken

you now kenbörg, maybe I WOULD have appologized earlier, not because I thought I was wrong, just to make ppl happy. But after getting called names by some cocknut newbie and you not interfering (we had this long time ago, you KNEW who started, still I was the idiot because you didnt want to offend a "dealer"). If you had asked me NICELY, I would have done it. But not after getting called a scumbag and such.

I'm packing [censored], I'm not someone who leaves the battleground waiving the white flag, you SHOULD know that! But I have seen, that YOU have _NO_ loyality.

Just try to ask yourself why theres a helluvalot more traffic on the other side and why a lot of known members went over there!

over and out

// btw. i dont even know what the fudge you still want, at last I did as you wished, so you wouldnt starty crying again, so whats your point?

Edited by slay

Just to clarify, we in the Admin team elected to give slay a 7 day ban only after exhausting all other options, we do hope he can lose the attitude and return after the week off with the intent to post for the betterment of the board if not his ban may become permanent.

I and I'm sure the rest of the Admin team take no pleasure in banning a member especially one that has had a relatively long history on these boards, so we hope you all understand that this action comes as a last resort.

Ken