When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interest in a Tudor Vintage Group Buy

kenmasters

I'm a recent Tudor fan and I've been looking around for Tudors.. but no one sells them often requiring us to mod MBWs or other models with hard to find/expensive Tudor parts. How about a fully modded Tudor?

Phong has two Tudor Models for sale... 7928 and a 9411. His price is $850. Apparently these are Vietnamese cases which are known to be better than MBWs.

There may be a discount with a group buy, so I was wondering if there was an interest. If there's significant interest, we can drop the price to ~ $500.

Thanks,

Ken

Edited by kenmasters

I'm a recent Tudor fan and I've been looking around for Tudors.. but no one sells them often requiring us to mod MBWs or other models with hard to find/expensive Tudor parts. How about a fully modded Tudor?

Phong has two Tudor Models for sale... 7928 and a 9411. His price is $850. Apparently these are Vietnamese cases which are known to be better than MBWs.

There may be a discount with a group buy, so I was wondering if there was an interest. If there's significant interest, we can drop the price to ~ $500.

Thanks,

Ken

i have heard quite often about this Phong character, how do i contact him. where do i see his offers?

$500 sound good to me so count me in and keep us posted please

i have heard quite often about this Phong character, how do i contact him. where do i see his offers?

$500 sound good to me. Keep me posted too.

DVN, Phong is proprietor of Jewelryandwatch.com, I've purchase a few items through him and they were very smooth transactions. He's a nice guy and has some great products albeit pricey.

This will be great if it comes together Ken! I know a lot of members here would jump at a nice snowflake sub.

I have one of these, bought it from MBW a few months ago. The case is superb and is perfect for every Subariner no-date project, if it is a Rolex Sub no-date or a Tudor Sub no-date. I still need to figure out if a MBW Rolex Sub no-date will fit on this case so i can change it into a 5512 or 5513, but due to lack of funds it's sitting still in the watchbox. To be honest... maybe i'll have to sell it as watchfunds won't come in real soon...

Look at the height of the crown in the case :rolleyes:

Here's a picture of my blue dialed Tudor Submariner no-date 7928 (small rose)

tudor7928-01.jpg

tudor7928-03.jpg

Edited by yellomen

Phong has told me $500 with purchase of 6 or more. But it depends on how this group buy is arranged... all up front, individual members paying, etc.

I'm not guaranteeing anything.. and it may not happen, but at least it opens up the possibility of lowering the price for some individuals..

Phong has told me $500 with purchase of 6 or more. But it depends on how this group buy is arranged... all up front, individual members paying, etc.

I'm not guaranteeing anything.. and it may not happen, but at least it opens up the possibility of lowering the price for some individuals..

Thanks for updating and please let me know the payment arrangement once you've the deal with Phong :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Like 1

I have one of these, bought it from MBW a few months ago. The case is superb and is perfect for every Subariner no-date project, if it is a Rolex Sub no-date or a Tudor Sub no-date. I still need to figure out if a MBW Rolex Sub no-date will fit on this case so i can change it into a 5512 or 5513, but due to lack of funds it's sitting still in the watchbox. To be honest... maybe i'll have to sell it as watchfunds won't come in real soon...

Look at the height of the crown in the case :rolleyes:

Here's a picture of my blue dialed Tudor Submariner no-date 7928 (small rose)

tudor7928-01.jpg

tudor7928-03.jpg

F, I believe my MBW 1680 has the exact same case. The crown height is right up there where it should be and very close to that of my gen Tudor sub. The usual MBW 1680/5513 cases have the crown low on the case.

BTW, very nice Tudor you have there. B)

I would also be very interested in photos of of Phong's Tudor creations. Not that I need one but if they are excellent, I would be tempted. :D This is a bit off subject but his Tudor Monte Carlo with the correct big block case is one very sweet watch. I wonder what the group buy price of that would be?