When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interest in a Tudor Vintage Group Buy

kenmasters

F, I believe my MBW 1680 has the exact same case. The crown height is right up there where it should be and very close to that of my gen Tudor sub. The usual MBW 1680/5513 cases have the crown low on the case.

BTW, very nice Tudor you have there. B)

I would also be very interested in photos of of Phong's Tudor creations. Not that I need one but if they are excellent, I would be tempted. :D This is a bit off subject but his Tudor Monte Carlo with the correct big block case is one very sweet watch. I wonder what the group buy price of that would be?

La La La La La!! -I'm not listening. I don't want to hear if a group buy on the Tudor Monte Carlo is doable :p:lol:

La La La La La!! -I'm not listening. I don't want to hear if a group buy on the Tudor Monte Carlo is doable :p:lol:

:D :D

Wow, Phong's watchs are $$$$. Are they as good as they look?

We're just used to seeing relative bargains. :) Just think how much a properly modified MBW crammed with vintage OEM parts could sell for given more open sales channels. :o Many beauties have sold here for very reasonable $$s given the price of the parts, difficulty in sourcing many of them & cost of proper installation.

Update: Phong doesn't have the stock to supply such a buy at this time... No 9411s, a couple of 7928s, and the Monte Carlo is in league of its own. Sorry folks, I guess if you really want a Tudor, we'll have to arrange something in the future. If I hear more, I will let everyone know.

Thanks,

Ken

Update: Phong doesn't have the stock to supply such a buy at this time... No 9411s, a couple of 7928s, and the Monte Carlo is in league of its own. Sorry folks, I guess if you really want a Tudor, we'll have to arrange something in the future. If I hear more, I will let everyone know.

Thanks,

Ken

What was the point in soliciting interest then? <_<

Sorry, I thought Phong could provide me the goods in a large quantity, but there is going to be a wait. I got everyone's hopes up ! :) Sorry guys, but there will be another time for this.. I will try my best to acquire as many as I can.

Update: Please let this thread die, I will update everyone later if I get better news. Phuong doesn't have the right stock now and I want to make sure everything is for real before taking any risk.

I'll post some pics, since everyone luvs pics shortly.. :)

The thing is with the 'Vietnamese connection' that pieces are handmade and i very, very low quantity. I heard from MBW as well that often peices get returned because of bad quality.

Maybe you guys already know, for me one of the most important things on Submariner replicas is the height of the crown in the case. On the newest MBW 1680 this is correct... on the Vietnamese cases it is correct as well :D

I have one of these, bought it from MBW a few months ago. The case is superb and is perfect for every Subariner no-date project, if it is a Rolex Sub no-date or a Tudor Sub no-date. I still need to figure out if a MBW Rolex Sub no-date will fit on this case so i can change it into a 5512 or 5513, but due to lack of funds it's sitting still in the watchbox. To be honest... maybe i'll have to sell it as watchfunds won't come in real soon...

Look at the height of the crown in the case :rolleyes:

Here's a picture of my blue dialed Tudor Submariner no-date 7928 (small rose)

tudor7928-01.jpg

tudor7928-03.jpg

I love it. I'd be in for one. Any chance of getting that "snowflake" version?

• 1 month later...
I have a source that has about 10 franken tudor subs if anyone is interested. He's after about $600 a piece.

interested parties let me know and i'll try to get pics

Hi, I'm certainly interested in a Franken Tudor.

What would be the case reference and could you provide detailed pictures?

Thanks and regards,

Bluebite

Hi, I'm certainly interested in a Franken Tudor.

What would be the case reference and could you provide detailed pictures?

Thanks and regards,

Bluebite

i was planning on posting pics to the thread, but i dont see an easy way to do that yet... :(

if you send me your email addy i can mail you

Guest carlsbadrolex

I found the pics... It is the same watch, but different pictures. The watch Ken sent me pics of had a steel bracelet.

Is the serial number on these 726514 by any chance?