When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sponsored Reviews, controversial?

Pugwash

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PROBABLY.....there's an understatement if ever I heard one.....that'sl akin to Paris Hilton turning down a photo-op....!

Some of you people think Pugs is selling his soul to the devil.

No we don't....some us already know he has.....past tense.......complete with the greatest lie ever told.....!

BTW....no self-portraits allowed on the forum....B)

Edited by TTK

I'll only post once to this topic. I am against the practice of paid reviews. I respect Pug's reputation, but I think it is impossible for ANYONE to be objective when there is payment involved. Sure, in this revue Pug quickly mentions the visual & mechanical inaccuracies of the watch (fair enough), but PT is making a very big claim that this chrono is waterproofed to 50m. Pug dodges this claim and says he wore it out in the snow and whilst washing up. Thats not the hard hitting journalism I've come to expect from the fellow that broke the "White Lies" scandal.

I don't care if he takes a freebie, but if he's going to revue it, revue it properly.

This is my opinion on the matter of dealer sponsored watch reviews....

Well....after reading everyones feelings on this subject....and taking into consideration the results of the poll....I think it is safe to say that if an appropriate system cannot be created....dealer sponsored watch reviews are perhaps not such a great idea....

Too many members are opposed to the idea....and it has become a controversial issue....potentially it could lead to unhappy members....there are enough watch reviews out there for all of us anyway....perhaps it is better for the forum and its members if the sponsored reviews are prohibited....unless some kind of appropriate system for conducting them can be created....if that is even possible....

Again, I'll add my 2 cents... as was mentioned before.. we have the"dealer review" area.. this seems like the appropo place to rave about the great service etc..... the "forum" has brand areas where reviews are posted.. pictorials... etc. The Admin team has already shared their feelings on "professional" paid reviews which only serve to sell items ...and IMHO cannot even pretend to be unbiased...

yet members choose to run "polls" like these polls should change what seems like is the decision and concencus of the members..

chrgods.... andreww's reviews... are in a group of the "best" and offer information so members can make their own decisions .. now WTF.... should they not be included in the "cirlce" of great reviews?

what part of .... NO... don't you understand??..... what do certain members or member feel there is force in numbers? and choose to go against the grain all the time with remarks to the mods and polls to see what everyone "wants" to do.... if anyone feels they're time spent reviewing watches could be spent making money .. then go for it.. no one is forcing anyone to post reviews.. this forum will not die without them .... don't do them if that's the case

And yes I have heard and seen emails that went out to certain collectors .. stating that if given a "free" watch that member will post a great review and sell that rep for the collectors...

And this is not intended for pug or any other member that is reviewing reps.. weather members want to "grade" them and put them in "classes"

just in general if members who want to get paid....... become a collector..