When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seems Like Rwg Is Up And Running Again

gran

Does this mean everyone gets their donations back? :D

Yupp you will get a watch i think.

The donations was for the people that tried to fix blades mess,now that he is back from his diservice to his military force or wtf he says we shoud all get our stuff..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not part of the RWG watch fiasco. I just wondered if everyone that was reimbursed now has to buy an RWG watch again ... :Jumpy:

What fiasco? :gun: the one without faults should throw the first rock not you puggy

g. :)

What fiasco? :gun: the one without faults should throw the first rock not you puggy

What fiasco? Let me think ... people got left without watches or a forum and people here, myself not included, held a fund to help them try to recoup their failed investment.

It was very emotional, but I think you missed it as it was around the time this forum started. Oh, and you got your watch, as you're so keen to tell everyone, so I assume that's ok. :D

Seriously, it was a clusterfsck and just saying it's all solved now doesn't mean it is. I never took part in the original watches or the fund-raising, so I have nothing invested either way and therefore make an ideal observer. You, however, either feel some residual guilt about the whole thing, or you feel nothing. I don't know which is worse. :black_eye:

I'm an observer, not a participant, and from where I'm sitting, it looked like a fiasco that a lot of people tried to put right. Pass me the next rock will you? I'm faultless in the whole RWG Watch tale. How about you?

ps. Gentle reader: I honestly have nothing against Gran, but I feel I should defend myself when provoked.

That is so good to hear that Blade's promise to deliver the watches is being honored but disturbing because he made a statement that he had the 40 odd watches in his possession. Now you say it was delivered from Beijing, pretty odd because it should have been sent from where Blade is now, unless he's in Beijing which doesn't seem likely.

Well, the box has Beijing stuff all over it, customs is PRC, air mailed 10.6.06 for 176.00 postage.

So yes, I'm saying it was delivered from Beijing. And your contention about that being odd and unlikely means what, omni? I just reporting the facts. You got something factual to say, or just what does or doesn't seem likely... ??? Such as, where is blade, if not Beijing, you know so much?

Did I mention that I was surprised to get a box from Beijing? (I believe I did.)

BTW, I was one of those who did not ask for or accept a "refund" for the undelivered watch from rwg II, because, as I said at the time, it was blade's responsibility, not the new forum's.

Well, the box has Beijing stuff all over it, customs is PRC, air mailed 10.6.06 for 176.00 postage.

So yes, I'm saying it was delivered from Beijing. And your contention about that being odd and unlikely means what, omni? I just reporting the facts. You got something factual to say, or just what does or doesn't seem likely... ??? Such as, where is blade, if not Beijing, you know so much?

Did I mention that I was surprised to get a box from Beijing? (I believe I did.)

BTW, I was one of those who did not ask for or accept a "refund" for the undelivered watch from rwg II, because, as I said at the time, it was blade's responsibility, not the new forum's.

Can we see photos......!

You will only need a very small house...

Fine by me :wub:

I only observed the whole thing from afar, but this is pretty huge if some new watches are now turning up. As usual, it raises more questions than it answers...

My 2 cents.......

It is good that these watches are turning up as I would still love to have mine (I was another who donated the full amount of my watch), however I believe if Blade was really fair dinkum about this he would have contacted our Admin before dishing them out.

He is fully aware that we took it on ourselves to clean this mess up and to that end we paid off everyone who requested a refund, yet as it stands he sees the whole exercise as getting these watches posted so he can be seen to have done the right thing.

The right thing would have been to turn these watches over to our Admin so we can distribute them, if he was not prepared to do this he is in fact making a second headache for us.

Quite simply if we had control the people that have been refunded would be given two choices 1. Re-buy the watch 2. We sell the watch, either way we would then have cash to pay back all those who donated, Blades way we need to hope that those who received a refund and now their watch are honest enough to return the money.

Ken

The right thing would have been to turn these watches over to our Admin so we can distribute them, if he was not prepared to do this he is in fact making a second headache for us.

The problem is there are two right things. The right thing for Blade is that he finish what he started. In his eyes, the watch fund had nothing to do with him, and he just feels obliged to send out the watches. This might not be the best solution, but for him, I imagine he sees it as the only thing he can do.

Ideally, none of this would ever have happened, but it has, it's a fiasco (listen Gran, it really is, man up, grow a pair, accept some responsibility, etc.) and there is no graceful way out of it. Some people would have complained whatever happened.

As an observer, I reckon the only people making good of this are the popcorn sellers. :Jumpy: