When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my most expensive pair of jeans

llsteve80

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what ...they must have had BIG glass doors where you bought those......'cos they saw you coming...the Manager prolly jumped up and cried...'here's Mental as Anything coming"..."slap a $500 bux label on those POS jeans we've had in stock since the flood".....!

They are the worst looking pair of jeans I think I've ever seen..paper thin....shitty stitching....and if that's what you pick when you go shopping....I wouldn't send you out for a loaf.... :lol:

Edited by TTK

Tell you what ...they must have had BIG glass doors where you bought those......'cos they sawyou coming...the Manager prolly jumped and cried...'here's Mental as Anything coming"..."slap a $500 bux label on those POS jeans we've had in stock since the flood".....!

They are the worst looking pair of jeans...paper thin....shitty stitching....andif that's what you pick when you go shopping....I wouldn't send you out for a loaf....!

TTK, you sound like my old man.

Actually the label was $750:

33ts8au.jpg

As for the shitty stitching, it's supposed to be like that and the denim is apparently 'premium Japanese selvedge'. The designer, Martin Ksohoh, used to be head of design at Evisu. He left to start RMC a few years ago. I bet he figured there were enough mugs like me around to sufficiently line his 'premium Japenese selvedge' denim pockets.

I bet he figured there were enough mugs like me around to sufficiently line his 'premium Japenese selvedge' denim pockets.

Yep...he doesn't subscribe to the old theory......"there's one born every minute"........he subscribes to the new theory.....'there's hundreds of 'em born every minute"......!

"Designer"......thanks for the laugh....smiley_14-1.gif

Seems like an oxymoron.....Japanese and designer in the same sentence.......I think it is an oxymoron tho'.....but more literal as in the Greek "oxy ("sharp") and moros ("dull")."......he's 'sharp' enough to realise that there are enough "dull' people out there who'll buy into that shiit....at $750.00 buxx a pop.....where did I go wrong.....!

Edited by TTK

What can I say, my mum's Jewish, and I've picked up her 'frugality' :lol:

Oh crikey. My first thought is about your conversion, but let's not get into that.

Are you sitting down? I am actually packing up your (7) straps to send to you, AT LONG LAST. I'll pop them in the post tomorrow. There's gotta be at least one that goes with that robin's egg blue pair of jeans! :lol:

Since you're not a child, with no need for many surprises, let me just say it's the Toscana Carbon Fibre for your Fiddy (sold out/in fact, won't be offered with the buckle anymore). EDIT: It's brand new, TeeJay. 4 straps brand new, 3 never used, but "mounted" on a watch. You're not getting sloppy seconds!

sienacarbonfibrefidestrhk2.jpg

I KNOW you don't like black straps -- it's the only one. But this you will love with your jeans, or my name isn't Ethel P. MacGillicuddy!

Oh crikey. My first thought is about your conversion, but let's not get into that.

I have to admit, she's taken it very well. She really is the stereotypical 'old Jewish woman', although she doesn't actually practice (doesn't even keep kosher :o:scratch: ) but in mannerisms and attitude, very much so :lol:

Are you sitting down? I am actually packing up your (7) straps to send to you, AT LONG LAST. I'll pop them in the post tomorrow. There's gotta be at least one that goes with that robin's egg blue pair of jeans! :lol:

Since you're not a child, with no need for many surprises, let me just say it's the Toscana Carbon Fibre for your Fiddy.

sienacarbonfibrefidestrhk2.jpg

I KNOW you don't like black straps -- it's the only one. But this you will love with your jeans, or my name isn't Ethel P. MacGillicuddy!

Hee hee, I suspect that your name is not Ethel P. MacGillicuddy, but I'm sure I will like it :) It's not so much that I don't like black straps, at all, I do like them, I just prefer them for more formal wear (if they're leather) or extremely casual wear, if they're rubber (or carbon ;) ) as I can get a bit anal about 'matching my leathers' (note how the belt and the shoes pictured are almost a perfect match to each other) Interestingly enough though, and I'm not sure how you'd feel, but when I was wearing my 029a on it's bordeaux(ish) strap, I found that it was almost chameleon-like, in if I wore it with my brown shoes and suede jacket, it blended into the brown spectrum, and when worn with black shoes, equally blends in :) I already know the 127 is an incredibly versatile watch, needing only strap changes to go from smart, to casual, to rugged and functional, but, I have a feeling that the bordeaux strap (when I order one from Tony in a few weeks) will just make the watch a chameleon, needing only strap changes for definite 'rugged use', rather than needing to change for color match smartness :)

Thanks again for the straps, it really means a lot :)

Denim is one of my weaknesses. When I'm not looking at watches, I'm looking at jeans.

$200-ish seems to be my median that I'm willing to spend, which I don't think is too ridiculous. My co-workers can't fathom the idea of spending more than $30 for a pair of jeans, but then again, I can't see spending as much as they do for some of their hobbies either :)

A few of my favorites that I wear regularly:

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

My only gripe is that I always have to have my jeans tailored. Another $20 or so to have a tricky hem...

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason, I don't see the reason to buy expensive jeans. With other apparel, you can tell if something is expensive or not, but whether you wear $100 Evisu jeans or $400 (<--insert expensive brand name here) jeans, most people don't seem to know. They never come up to you and say "Wow, those are awesome jeans, you must have paid a bunch for them!" On the other hand, shirts and jackets tend to get a lot of compliments, so I tend to spend a lot on them. After purchasing Armani ones that go for $600+, I've noticed that I've become a lot more successful with the ladies, and have been getting compliments at work :)