When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my most expensive pair of jeans

llsteve80

I am soo ticked off right now. I bought a pair of jeans at guess, and of course I didn't look at the tag before I bought them, and when the clerk told me the total, $116 something, I was a little shocked. I shelled out the cash, the jeans look awesome so WTF, why not? Anyway, the things have the shallowest pockets ever. Stuff keeps falling out. Important stuff.

I have now lost my second blackberry, as well as a cool pen, and a few packs of marlboros. Not to mention lighters and change that fell out.

I guess I'll have to stop wearing these.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll have to stop wearing these.

:lol: :lol:

But pity poor me. I don't wear jeans often, but when I do, I want the best. Escada jeans start at $3000, and this one below, goes to $10,000.

escadajeanswd1.jpg

It's all about the blue, baby!

I read that Ali McGraw was interviewed about Steve McQueen some years after his death, and how everyone thought he was a rugged macho man who just flung on any old thing to wear. No way, she said, he spent HOURS looking for a pair of jeans with just the RIGHT shade of blue -- to match his eyes. Heh.

haha, good laugh, I thought at first it was gonna be "imo" a outrages ammount like at least 3x zero's, but 110 usd is not much at all "imo", I think in Europe or at least western europe you can barely get a casual jeans that looks somewhat descent for 110 usd. I guess it where you comin from and what is the average. Like now in Netherland where I grew up it's like 160-200 euro is the norm for brand design jeans "for men" btw. For women not only do you have 5x more shops and choices the starting prices are equally less expensive.

Now i'm In thailand however, you can get okay okay jeans for like 5euro, and awesome quality for like 20-30 euro (no use in buying actual brand here as they copy and fake everything so wearing the real deal won't give you perse status-symbol as is required in the west). Besides how good can the quality of jeans be??! from a brand, usually just like with Gen watches you pay for the brandname and illusion/status-symbol/feeling it gives you!

Guest carlsbadrolex

I learned last year not to trust the pockets of designer jeans. They simply arent meant to have anything in them and seem to squeeze EVERYTHING out. I now carry what I call a "Jack Bauer Bag" Great for carrying my notebook computer, my watch collection, a Kimber .45acp and/or my kids diapers! AND it still looks cool thrown over your shoulder!

I didn't even expect this many responses. every time i wear these pants they cost more and more. I called t-mobile already and someone has used the phone after i lost it. WTF. They won't tell me when or what # was called, even thought it's going to show up on my bill when the cycle ends. Retards.

edit: I thought I put this up on the 1st post, guess not. Makes a little more sense with this info. Blackberry pearl- $200. Blackberry curve $250. Pen- $20 Smokes about 10, etc. I think im out about $600 total because of these jeans. Ha, thats what I was talking about by most exp jeans.

'designer' jeans are frankly... crap :(

if you really want 'good' jeans that are about what denim is supposed to be about go to the japanese companies like sugar cane or flat head or ironheart or apc, or even nudie. raw true indigo denim made on short looms like pre 1981 or so levi's with selvage that ages properly :)

i met steve mcqueen a dozen times over the years at motorcycle races and never saw him wearing anything but lee 1/2 selvage cowboy's or levi's XX 501's. he would have opened a can of beer and laughed at the idea of 'designer jeans'. he is what created the whole japanese collectors market for vintage lee and levi's and led to the companies listed above to buying the old cone mills looms and re-creating the classic cut levi's and lee jeans from the 1950's-60' and 70's. in fact mcqueen's #2 levi jacket sold at auction last year for something like $45,000US. i have the identical jacket and wear it a lot.

if you look at photos taken of him over the years he is wearing classic american denim. it looks cool because it was cool. and because he was cool B)

:lol: :lol:

But pity poor me. I don't wear jeans often, but when I do, I want the best. Escada jeans start at $3000, and this one below, goes to $10,000.

escadajeanswd1.jpg

It's all about the blue, baby!

I read that Ali McGraw was interviewed about Steve McQueen some years after his death, and how everyone thought he was a rugged macho man who just flung on any old thing to wear. No way, she said, he spent HOURS looking for a pair of jeans with just the RIGHT shade of blue -- to match his eyes. Heh.

Seriously, Victoria, I won't pay 50 bucks for those pair!!! :D:lol: I love jeans and I wear them 90% of the time, but with sequence????? I don't think so!!!

haha, good laugh, I thought at first it was gonna be "imo" a outrages ammount like at least 3x zero's, but 110 usd is not much at all "imo", I think in Europe or at least western europe you can barely get a casual jeans that looks somewhat descent for 110 usd. I guess it where you comin from and what is the average. Like now in Netherland where I grew up it's like 160-200 euro is the norm for brand design jeans "for men" btw. For women not only do you have 5x more shops and choices the starting prices are equally less expensive.

Now i'm In thailand however, you can get okay okay jeans for like 5euro, and awesome quality for like 20-30 euro (no use in buying actual brand here as they copy and fake everything so wearing the real deal won't give you perse status-symbol as is required in the west). Besides how good can the quality of jeans be??! from a brand, usually just like with Gen watches you pay for the brandname and illusion/status-symbol/feeling it gives you!

This is so true. I've had pairs of Levi jeans rip through in a matter of weeks after purchase, when all I was doing, was crouching down... (Note, they ripped through at the knees, not in the seat :lol: )

Since then, it's economy jeans all the way for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

which one would you pick? (if the pics are offensive Admin/mod please take them off)

jeans.jpg

Jeans.gif

Seeing as we're talking jeans here, I'd say whichever pair would last longest (although my preference is for paler jeans rather than dark blue)

If we're talking asses, then ass number one (or should that be door number two ;) ) would be my choice... ;)