When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

After market insert for MBW 1665 and 1680

perry563

Ok guys....I am not trying to do some of my own modding. I am starting with inserts. I have a MBW 1665 and 1680. I have looked but without sucess for an answer to the following questions....

Where can I buy a good aftermarket insert for these watches? Is watchmaterial 5513 insert a decent choice? HELP!

Ok guys....I am not trying to do some of my own modding. I am starting with inserts. I have a MBW 1665 and 1680. I have looked but without sucess for an answer to the following questions....

Where can I buy a good aftermarket insert for these watches? Is watchmaterial 5513 insert a decent choice? HELP!

Search bar is your friend ^_^

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...=vintage+insert

I think that the pearl from Ofrei are very good I bought two last year and they look very good Wholesaleoutlet990 has some god insert they fit without glue and you can always replce the pearl for a better one. that is what I did.

Is the Ofrei pearl the vintage version for the 5513 etc?

Sorry, but it looks like crap to me. Like everything else I have received from that seller, who is also a lier & a thief.........but I digress.

Try this one instead. I have the insert on the left (with an Illumines Dot from ofrei.com) on this

Yep that is the place I got mine from, the same link I provided, it is the best bar gen.

Sorry mucrewbtp, but anything aftermarket from ebay will suck, trust us on this one :p

Sorry, but it looks like crap to me. Like everything else I have received from that seller, who is also a lier & a thief.........but I digress.

Try this one instead. I have the insert on the left (with an Illumines Dot from ofrei.com) on this

DoubleRed0031.jpg

How do you order from that place

Well, I have already bough it so I will have to wait and see. If its crap i will send it back. I boutght an insert for my sub from here and it snapped in nicely with no need for filing or glue. Better than the Florida Jewlers Supply inser I had before it. Ill post some pictures of the inser when I get it.

-Mike

Well, I have already bough it so I will have to wait and see. If its crap i will send it back. I boutght an insert for my sub from here and it snapped in nicely with no need for filing or glue. Better than the Florida Jewlers Supply inser I had before it. Ill post some pictures of the inser when I get it.

-Mike

So what's the best method for removing the only pearl from an OEM insert? I have a watchmaster insert that I want to use for my SSD.

TIA

Bosk

• 2 months later...

You were right, the insert I got from wholesaleoutlet was absolute crap. It was definately a bait and switch operation. The insert did not look anything like the one he had pictured. The pearl came out just from trying to clean it with some rodico. I returned his crap and he did not want to issue a refund, would not even respond to emails. Had to file a paypal dispute. Then the guy has the nerve to leave me bad feedback, even though I paid immediately and communicated with him consistantly. This guy is a complete [censored] and nobody should do business with him.

-Mike

You were right, the insert I got from wholesaleoutlet was absolute crap. It was definately a bait and switch operation. The insert did not look anything like the one he had pictured. The pearl came out just from trying to clean it with some rodico. I returned his crap and he did not want to issue a refund, would not even respond to emails. Had to file a paypal dispute. Then the guy has the nerve to leave me bad feedback, even though I paid immediately and communicated with him consistantly. This guy is a complete [censored] and nobody should do business with him.

Exactly.

Just an FYI with wholesaleoutlet990... I won 4 auctions of his over a month ago. Paid immediately with Paypal and still have not received my items.

Hes REALLY slow sometimes but ive always eventually received my items.. 4 months is pushing it though....

dizz

I was speaking with one of the VERY well known modders and he told me that ALL after market vintage pearls are crap. The only way to go is to locate a GEN pearl. The question is where does one find a GEN Rolex pearl for a vintage watch and how can anyone be sure its a gen before buying it?

I brought Ofrei pearls, he will ship to EU for less than $28 he does a reduced rate of $11.60 for low cost items.

I then fitted it one the standard MBW insert. You have to spend a bit of time sanding the MBW insert thinner to get it to sit below the bezel lip as on the gen.

Once moded I don’t think there is much wrong with the standard MBW insert.

Pic. of the modified insert viewed alongside a gen.

MBW1665pearl004copy.jpg