When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Reps Allowed! Gen Watch Wristcheck

anton

Omega.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

If you haven't done so already, you guys should think about donating those older pieces to your wives/girlfriends. Those 25 year old mens watches are just about the right size for the today's women. That's what I did with my Ebel 1911 quartz, and it was well appreciated...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't done so already, you guys should think about donating those older pieces to your wives/girlfriends. Those 25 year old mens watches are just about the right size for the today's women. That's what I did with my Ebel 1911 quartz, and it was well appreciated...

My wife will never trade in her gen Rolly for this! Nice idea though and you are right this watch is now way too small.

Very elegant Vic! And you know me.. I'd much rather see this than a Fiddy on your wrist :D

I know, I know. :p

Hang on to your boxers, Scoobs! Because I am just about to post pics you won't like on the Wristies.

However, just to soften the blow, as promised:

rolexomiwristieeb2.jpg

This is the watch Henry Higgins put on Eliza Doolittle when she became a lady. :tu:

Quick lousy pics from my iPhone, a party of 2 today.

My first gen was my old grail watch, the TT Blue Face Sub...how I lusted after thee during my college years while I had my Tag. Treated myself on my 30th birthday. The other is the Breitling Skyland Black Face...I saw Dani's pics of his new gen and I figured I needed a fun SS chrono so this fits the bill. Cartier Santos is hiding because he's so small compared to all my other watches. First gen Pam happening this year...once I figure what I want first.

davepost-359-1204421889_thumb.jpg

post-359-1205306607_thumb.jpg

Just tried 1 of these on the other day & very nearly bit the bullet. Very nice watch. Nothing PMWF about it.

I have wondered about this acronym for a week! Coincidentally, a non-related Google search yielded:

Poor Man's Watch Forum

http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/Forum/webbbs_config.cgi

"'Poor Man's' Watch Forum - Foro de Relojes Para el 'Hombre Pobre' - Horlogeforum voor de 'Arme Man'"

:p

Also, another bit of news -- my father agreed to let me photograph one of his older gens for this excellent thread. Photo coming up, but I think you gents especially will love it!

Between a camera phone and lack of talent it's hard to get some decent pictures, but here are my fav. gens at the moment (it's not until you've tried yourself you realise what great photographers a lot of you guys are! I especially found it impossible to capture the GG as the MOP dial and diamonds kept throwing off the cameras focus...time for an upgrade I think)

jhpb1.jpg

06032008199smallvh0.jpg