When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Reps Allowed! Gen Watch Wristcheck

anton

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ph.DGuy's Notes

Wow, my dissertation is almost over, phew! That last chapter almost killed me.

It seems the forum specimens are not (to quote TimeZone member, SnobFU1665) "poseur slimebuckets who would sell their grandmas for a working seconds @ 6 IWC Porto."

Their latest forum thread suggests they have a surprising number of "gen" watches. Their deviant behaviour must be a manifestation of sad latchkey childhoods, and in the case of the lone talkative female, clearly penis envy.

I will observe them until semester ends.

Addendum of 28 February: There's some thread going on about me, but I don't care. One day, when Doubleday publishes my book, and it becomes a New York Times Bestseller, they will know who I really was on the forum!!11! Until then, I'm just Ph.DGuy, MWAHAHA. Snap.

Thanks for all your replies! Especially Victoria's, who gave a good hearty laugh (and even made me look up "snobfu1665" on TZ).

The reason I started this thread is that I'm also a member on a number of Gen forums and I despise those gen owners who quickly jump the gun on flaming any and all rep owners. To top it off, I re-read an old article from another infamous Omega website that quotes:

"Here's what buying and wearing fake/counterfeit watches really says about the wearer:

Poor Grasp of Value - Replicas are made to sell by looking like something far more valuable than they are. They are seldom made for quality, carry no warranty, are made from cheap parts and are usually not worth repairing. They are basically overpriced disposable products, so are a poor value for your money.

Lack of Integrity - Those that choose cheap replicas to try to impress others that they have a real luxury watch are using falsehoods to represent themselves. So that makes people wonder what else about how you represent yourself is false.

Weak Ethics - Choosing replica watches shows the world that you are willing to support unethical and illegal businesses--not giving a care about the ethics and legalities involved if they get in the way of getting something that you want cheaply.

Gullible - Especially where someone unknowingly buys a fake, they show themselves to be easily deceived and someone that throws caution to the winds trying to get a super deal on an expensive item.

Isolated - Certainly there are no clubs for owners of fakes. No comraderie among fellow owners. No sharing of tips, tricks and performance issues. No assistance with operation, warranty or repair issues. Fake buyers are on their own with nobody to care, nobody to help and nobody to compliment or encourage them--except for the occasional person you might encounter that doesn't know enough about watches to realize you are trying to 'impress' them with a cheap counterfeit."

I think you know what website I'm talking about.

Well, as we let them continue to bash us with their nonsensical rantings about "I'd NEVER buy a fake! That would be most appalling!", let's sit back and laugh at the follies.

Today, I'm preparing for another unwanted business trip:

IMG_0402.jpg

I always love a Movado on a woman's wrist. Perfect combination of glitz, class & mystery. Nice look, Vic.

Thank you, Freddilein! You know, it's a not a favourite anymore (to put it mildly), but every dog has its day.

Movados were excellent starter watches for me, and I'm grateful to have it still. And you know what, I'll give you the "mystery" bit. That's spot on.

quote =

Nice. I'm sure you know that was a standard issue military dive watch- any pics? Arty

/quote

If I am not mistaken, they were sold in military post exchanges and this is where a lot of them came from.

Mine is the same as watch number one on the Vintage Zodiac website...it might be older than I thought it was. I have had it for years.

Also have ZSw like numbers 2,3,4.

Click on the picture in the center of the main page.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/Stock/Seawolf/Seawolf.htm