When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting in other peoples sale post

Dani

Dani seems to be of the opinion that name calling, insulting and being generally rude is acceptable. But even questioning someone about something is unacceptable.

I dont see the logic there, but maybe it was lost in translation...

Yeah you did in Chads tread shoud have just keept out or notice your thoughts on pm to him or mods if you feel something is wrong.

You from what i remeber have crapped more then this thread that Chad had.

This is becoming very repetitive. I've never crapped on a thread before...........but I'd like to crap on this one. How do I do it? :p

You just did :p

Cheers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has been cool and I have gotten only positive messages since the thread was locked.

Sending PM to Chad responding negatively is not warranted. I think we are all better than that. That needs to stop right away. I certainly hope we won't have more negative PMs going around.

Everyone has been cool and I have gotten only positive messages since the thread was locked.

Great man..

You did nothing wrong, to be upset over what this members did is very natural behavior..

Cheers,

Dani

Then I say shut down RWG and let everyone shop at www.scamyouwithafakewatch.com

End of story...problem solved, no one fights and the idiots get what they deserve, all of them...

RG

scam you with fakewatch.com says it has AAA grade and triple wrapped gold - and that its product is way superior to PErf Clones

those would be LIES and would be actionable

But, if your put everything out truthfully - and i'm not lawyering here not sorta truthful - but straight up - and you ask for to much -

What is not available? you can check websites for original cost. - you can check modders for what their services are. -

But price is personal -

As someone who has sold dozens of watches here, i can say without a doubt that pricing is very competative - i offer a watch for 250 - no offers, 240 no offers 230 - all of a sudden 5 PM's

if someone isn't lying about the watch - let them price it for whatever they want.

Most people won't lift a FINGER to tell folks who has the best sub or best 111h - But if someone is selling a sub - all of a sudden you want to have an opinion for the newbs?

Do your homework

The Zigmeister you and i were both Taken by Eddie Lee when we started - no one jumped up and down on us. I just got charged 300 bucks for a POS watch by a dealer -

i don't see why Used watches get such special scrutiny -

Lots of people i am sure are on this board to buy reps to resell them at 2x the cost to the general public - thats many of the dealers markup - do we stop them? is what they do wrong and should be shunned by the community?

As long as people aren't lying its non of our business what they want for their reps nor how much someone is willing to pay.

If someone says that they have a Big Red Joe Watch that is Serviced - Call em on it - sorry but you got scammed, and you shouldn't be able to pass on that scamming to someone else.

Guest carlsbadrolex
Yeah you did in Chads tread shoud have just keept out or notice your thoughts on pm to him or mods if you feel something is wrong.

You from what i remeber have crapped more then this thread that Chad had.

You just did :p

Cheers

You may wish to go back and read my Un-edited posts... Nothing I said was rude or insulting...

Considering even Chad has contacted me to say he had no issue with me, I dont see why you do... Unless your just ultra-sensitive.

If we start to delete or set all unpleasant/controversial threads invisible, it will cause even bigger problems. Then the membership starts screaming "censorship". It has happened before.

And yet my latest sales thread was moved to Humor without so much as a by-your-leave! Hmph!

In case anyone is confused:

thread crapping

-verb

\thred

@Dani for someone who has a penchant to go around starting flash fires everywhere you certainly get very opinionated, maybe if the mod team didn't have to play fireman and follow you around we would have more time to monitor some sales.

As it is By-Tor has stated that he shut the thread down when he noticed it, I will add I was also in the process of locking it (but beaten by By-Tor) as I had only noticed it at the same time.

To moderate a board of this size is a full time job being done by part time members, we just don't have the staff to monitor every sales thread.

That is something an Admin member from another board (@star) should know too.

Ken

It is unfortunate that chads original post is not there, as you would all be able to see exactly what he posted in regards to the watches strange decsription.....

As for my first reply in the thread, I would not consider it a thread crap. I only posted because of his misleading description of the watch. If he had listed the watch for exactly what it was, with the same price I would not have posted at all, because other buyers could make an informed decision and clearly see what they were buying.. In my first post I actually say it is a nice watch and put a smiley at the end B)

Also out of the four PM's I sent in reply to the six that chad sent me, none of them were rude or contained any name calling, swearing, insults or the like.

When he called me a liar, I chose to back myself up with the PM's he had sent me, I had no other option, maybe I was wrong to do that? What else was I meant to do, just sit back and let him call me a liar, when that is not true and I have the proof to hand?

As for his insistance that the PM's are out of context that is simply not true either, I think chad must have been confused with all the PM's he must have been sending out and receiving, after all I only sent him four PM's.......

If I see a strange misleading sales post, I will reply in it, if I have the knowledge of the watch being sold and the cost of the parts and mods etc...... My post will be polite too, just like the one I posted in chads thread was, before he blew the whole thing up in his own face.

I did not post out of personal malice towards chad, like he seems to think, he made it personal when he got mad and started shouting all over the place and then calling me a liar.....

His PM's to me on the other hand, were anything but polite.....

@Mickey

Chad's original post was not strange at all. As I subscribe to the sales thread, I receive emails of every new post. I've reread it several times and can see his logic. Unfortunately there were more economical ways to do the math as you pointed out, and it went on from there. Personally I don't think his asking price was that far off the mark, but it was high, no doubt about it.

@Star _ I think it is important that people see these threads. I think it serves notice to other sellers that we the membership will not stand for this kind of behavior. Personally I don't think that thread should have gone the way it did. I thought that the comments about the pricing were made politely and with no insinuation of wrong doing. There seems to be a stigma about questioning a seller these days. I can tell you one thing my friend, if I wasn't so deterred from thread-crapping by perceived forum edict, a certain "Crippler" would not have walked away with a lot of your membership's money. His sales descriptions and photos had more holes than swiss cheese, but we shouldn't thread-crap should we?

His sales descriptions and photos had more holes than swiss cheese, but we shouldn't thread-crap should we?

How much money did he [crippler] end up scamming the folks at TRC out of?

Hmmm...

Great "Global" moderation...

<_<

TT

@Mickey

Chad's original post was not strange at all. As I subscribe to the sales thread, I receive emails of every new post. I've reread it several times and can see his logic. Unfortunately there were more economical ways to do the math as you pointed out, and it went on from there. Personally I don't think his asking price was that far off the mark, but it was high, no doubt about it.

Well the way I saw it was that he was trying to list it as something it was not, classic misdirection attempt. If he had listed it as a HBB lite with PVD bezel and aftermarket AR for $550 delivered, I never would have posted.....

Price is secondary for the most part, in my opinion. If it is listed with too high a price it will not sell, too low and it will be gone before you can finish your PM :p

It is the descriptions of the watches for sale are the most important thing in the sales threads. Add a high price to a misleading description and you have a bigger problem.....

As czarczar said:

When Mickey first posted in Chad's thread, he was speaking absolute sense. Chad had a lite HBB with aftermarket (and very good) AR. What he advertised (in my opinion) was an ultimate HBB with aftermarket AR and without a ceramic bezel. I thought Chad's response to Mickey was a bit rude...but hey, we've all seen such posts before. Therefore, I didn't say anything.

Thanks czarczar and to the other members who have PM'ed me, or posted, with your support, I appreciate it very much ^_^

EDIT: it seems Dani has just gone through the other thread listing my posts, and that of other forum members, and rated them as "SPAM" :p:blink::2:

Dani I think you need help, take a valium or something :lol::wacko:

Thats why you have GLOBAL moderators. So that someone will be around every hour or so to properly monitor posts. When this thread was spiraling out of control I saw not one, not two, but three co-admins reading the thread. From the top of page two, down to when it was locked. Not set invisible, nor deleted by the posters request-locked.

I read By-tors argument of 'censorship' or conspiracy theories, but by the posters request he asked for deletion. It was his SALES thread.

Luckily we get about 3 threads a day at TRC :D ...fairly easy for a few guys to open all the threads and check for spam or infractions. RWG features more mods and by in large a great job has been done for a very long period of time.

I feel truly sorry for the mods at Repgeeks who deal with 15 -20 pages a day to wade through. It's like TRC was 2 -3 years ago. You just can't keep up with it.

We all make mistakes-Chino and Magnus have made a few as well at TRC (kidding) but we all learn from it and move on.

I also see this mods in this tread when it was just couple of pages.

Ken@

Follow me around?

Get of your high horse man.

I maybe break one or two rules(religion/ polictial but again you let other people discus this subject here) but never anything damaging to this forum i just say and speak about many things other people don't dear to.

Easy does it.

@Dani:

Do you somehow visualize that you're calling the shots around here? Do you think there's one set of rules for everyone else, and one set specifically for you?

Just a few days ago you were the center of another drama, threatening to leave the forum... and now you're constantly stirring up trouble again... running around and calling people "crybabies", etc.

And you made your point clear in this thread. About 12 times already. We have been cutting you some extra slack, because you're a longtime member and a respected trader. But enough is enough, this forum is not an AOL warez/flame chatroom or kindergarten.

I suggest you drop the personal attacks and confrontational posts, or you'll receive a timeout.

Dani it is not a case of others not daring to speak of these subjects it is more that they recognize that this is primarily a watch forum and they follow our rules.

If you want to break rules then you need to be prepared for the consequences.

Also I don't take kindly to be called a liar, it's possible I may have clicked on this thread earlier but for one reason or another (incoming PM or Email) I did not read through the entire thread until just before By-Tor locked it.

Ken

@Dani:

Do you somehow visualize that you're calling the shots around here? Do you think there's one set of rules for everyone else, and one set specifically for you?

Just a few days ago you were the center of another drama, threatening to leave the forum... and now you're constantly stirring up trouble again... running around and calling people "crybabies", etc.

And you made your point clear in this thread. About 12 times already. We have been cutting you some extra slack, because you're a longtime member and a respected trader. But enough is enough, this forum is not an AOL warez/flame chatroom or kindergarten.

I suggest you drop the personal attacks and confrontational posts, or you'll receive a timeout.

Maybe you as mod shoud stop treating me diffrent then others as their political treads are ok but mine is not strange way of keeping the rules, i have learn and no more posting from me on such subjects i recpect what admins and mods say.

I have no int. in getting this subject over to me, i open this tread for helping out does that get blasted by some cry babies in their sale post.

I also now a great big % of members agree whit me on this that is why it shoud be talked openly about.

Nothing more..

edit :

I have done all what mods told me after some threads in OT section and i don't ask for problems most mods here joined the forums when i did so we go way back no hostilty amung us..And i follow what they decied is right in the end of the day, even if it does not same like that :p

First off, I would like to say that I don't frequent other forums. Nor do I want to. I simply believe that this is THE BEST watch forum. Bar none, from either rep or gen scene. I certainly don't think we should question how mods would do things. For some to accuse that our mods should moderate around the clock, I think that is a bit unrealistic. Mods have a life too, and this is not a paying job for them I don't think. And if some people wanted a certain approach to certain things, I think they should say it, or type it, with some courtesy. Some of the posts in this thread are a bit out there. But I would leave it at that. And if the forum or mod is not doing what you think it should be done, you can have the freedom to leave. But we should all be realistic, I think that's how it got started from the Chad thread anyway. Realistic view versus unrealistic view. I'll say it again that I feel lucky and proud to be in this forum. If some hate it so much, or say the forum should run it another way, perhaps you may want to think about leaving, or perhaps creating your own forum, where you are the king.....

flame away again.....I've got my flame suit on.

Maybe you as mod shoud stop treating me diffrent then others as their political treads are ok but mine is not strange way of keeping the rules, i have learn and no more posting from me on such subjects i recpect what admins and mods say.

If they were to stop treating you differently, that would likely mean an end to the leeway which By-Tor mentioned you have been given. Other people might mention political issues occasionaly, you, on the other hand, frequently mention issues of animal rights, politics and religion, and, to be honest, you appear to do so with the intention of sparking heated debate rather than friendly discussion. While that may not be your intention, it is certainly how it appears. This is a watch forum, not one for raising issues of animal abuses. If a subject naturally comes up in the course of a conversation, fair enough, I don't think anyone has issue with that, but, intentionally starting a thread about a controversial topic, cannot, in all honesty, be done without the intention, or at least the understanding, that it is likely to cause heated discussions. While I've nothing against you personally, Dani, intentionally or otherwise, you do do this quite a lot, and are given considerable leeway over it. On one forum I used to frequent (before it got shut down :( ) there was a rule, which is not often mentioned on other forums, but maybe should be: Continually pushing the boundaries, or 'nearly breaking the rules', will be treated as breach of ToS, and a bannable offence...

I have no int. in getting this subject over to me, i open this tread for helping out does that get blasted by some cry babies in their sale post.

I also now a great big % of members agree whit me on this that is why it shoud be talked openly about.

On this particular issue, I agree with you completely. If Chad wants to sell his watch, for a price which will return the costs he has put into it, that is his right. If people disagree with that price, they have the right not to buy it. To only value a watch by it's cost, and the cost of the mod done, while ignoring other associated costs, such as shipping, is being somewhat 'conservative' in the estimation of it's value. I've said before in topics that modified watches are easily worth more than the cost of the base watch. Mods cost money. They also cost in time, and shipping. While I agree with the comment CarlsbadRolex made, that it is the original owner's choice to have the modifications made, I would also have to point out, that a new buyer would also benefit from the modifications and enjoy them (would possibly have had them done themself) so it's only fair that the costs be reflected in the sales price. At the end of the day, if someone doesn't like the price, they have the right to pass on the sale, there's no need for comments about the price. If someone does like the price, that's up to them, and if they're happy with it, no harm is done...

Peace out.

Mickey,(sales police captain)

Man, I am so tempted to comment. You obviously have it in for me. Something personal. The original ad was as I stated in the above posts. The logic may have been to the benefit of me making a few extra bucks but there was nothing bizarre about it and upgrade lite's have been sold here many times at a profit.

You wrote in my thread that a "lite" will always be a "lite". You are not really so fooled by our dealers in the whole big bang mess that you think HBB lite modded(AR or bezel)<HBB standard?

If I had upgraded the bezel also, I could have listed the thing by your logic for anything less than 1100 and this thread would not exist.

Again I am sorry to the community for the thread. (not you)

Whatever personal vendetta you have against me, just drop it or go after the other sales forum post.

Here's the current status of this thread.

yesitisnoitisntpx2.gif

When the debate/thread reaches certain point it doesn't even matter who was wrong, and who was right.

Nobody has died. It's just time to move on and shake hands. Are you men enough to do it?

Closed.