When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Heritage Chrono Coming

Toadtorrent

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about case numbers, so does anybody know if the caseback is correct, or is it from the non-chrono version?

Model ref on the chrono is A17320, the same as the non-chrono. Correct ref is A13320, indicating Breitling calibre 13 (ie ETA 7750).

Another error is the gen doesn't have Luminova marker dots at 3 and 9.

Edited by Watchtower

Torn between both camps ... I love the simplicity of the non chrono,.. however I have always also been

a huge fan of chronos,..

What to do,... What to do ? :g:

Obviously, you must get them both :D

i highly doubt there is a difference in the mvmt between the different dealers....

i bet some are just selling them for alot more!

hi-beat versus low-beat I was told.....

Who is SoCaltimer ? There are no prices or ordering info on his site.... Have you ordered from them before ?

Check his thread on RG

I must agree with those folks who feel the non chrono is the nicer watch. It's simplicity and large case size make it a classic diver.

Is it possible that a 7750 could fit in the non chrono case? Seems as though the the chrono case would have to be thicker to hold the 7750 movement.

I too am waiting for the rubber strap to be repped. Hopefully when it is it will have the beautiful deployment clasp that the gen does.

Edited by jeff g

The rep/gen cost ratio is way better on the chrono. I like them both but will probably get the chrono--got the PO in non-chrono so might as well do this one in chrono since the black PO is pretty similar to the black SOH.

I won't sweat the dials since I'd bet $100 gen dials are available pretty soon and even if the chrono dials cost $400, one would get you a 99.9% rep of a 4k watch for les than $800.

I think the biggest "tell" on this one is the subdials. On the rep, the hash marks nearly touch the silver ring. On the gen the is a definate space between the hash marks and the outer ring. As mentioned before, the type is slightly off, but over all this appears to be pretty nice. I'm not sure about case numbers, so does anybody know if the caseback is correct, or is it from the non-chrono version?

Gen

sob13a.jpg

Rep

1331-193_sml12.jpg

Another "tell" is the dot @3 and @9! The gen doesn't have them!

@HikeUSA

Good observation.

The lume dots at 9 and 3 would have to be the most glaring and obvious tell.

That to me is worse than the P and A spacing on the non-chrono.

PT has posted a Breitling Superocean Heritage chronograph for sale looks pretty good to me! :)

Link here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=74121&hl=

Pictures:

BreHerChroBlu1a.jpg

BreHerChroBlu1b.jpg

Genuine black dial:

sob13asl9.jpg

Looks like you could get Lello's Breitling DW and you would be owning a damn accurate replica! Genuine rubber straps can be purchased quite cheap. This is an easy project watch to perfect, and seems to have a better dial than the non chrono version too!

Great price too for a newly released watch, which is nice.....

Any thoughts? Feel free to add more genuine pictures for comparison!

Cheers B)

Watch out...looks like it has the old POS low beat 7750 movement....Wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole if it does!!....