When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam187 With Swiss Eta 7753 Movement

Chronus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question i have a 7753 movement that i was going to use for my old case pam196 should i drop this movement in my new acquired pam187? Seems this combination is alot hotter than the pam196 combination that i was looking at earlier.

Old case PAM196, the 7753 won't work properly on the current 187s - no functional date pusher.

I am guessing it is prelim picture. I would doubt those will be the final hands. Last we heard they were still trying to finalize the the dial. Well, I am ready to cannibalize my honpo of they actually make it (ar crystal, proper he valve, cg, hands :lol: etc.)

They can take a few more weeks, today I lost my job. :black_eye:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bits and pieces... looks like Josh's pics a while back were real, but the watch isn't too great... so who knows if they will sort it out.

• 10 months later...

I went to the trouble to try and achieve it. Started with a Honpo 187 which has a fabulous case, crystal and proper He valve and then tried to fit the 7753 dial from the later 7753 version which has a horrible case with a Swiss 7753 movement and ended up with unhappy ending as the dials were sized differently. I would let this one go. ;)

I went to the trouble to try and achieve it. Started with a Honpo 187 which has a fabulous case, crystal and proper He valve and then tried to fit the 7753 dial from the later 7753 version which has a horrible case with a Swiss 7753 movement and ended up with unhappy ending as the dials were sized differently. I would let this one go. ;)

Sadly I have to concur, it appears that this one was just not meant to be :(