When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam187 With Swiss Eta 7753 Movement

Chronus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to [censored] on your parades (esp. poor Chronus, look away now :unsure: ) and feel free to flame away but I think it's time for a realistic prognosis...

I fear/suspect this project is likely DOA primarily due to ETA's discontinuation of the 7753 and existing inventories drying up faster than a menopausal Miss Understood...

IMO it would be done by now otherwise, no other major issues to resolve, yet no news from Ken for what appears a very long time. The timeline between 196's was much shorter I recall, perhaps someone can confirm? I'm as patient as the next man here but sometimes it's better to accept likely reality and move on psychologically - after all my 7750 version still gives me great pleasure, more so when I get Angus' dive strap/buckle set and personally there are many more projects out there on which to spend a healthy chunk of disposable cash on :whistling:

As a famous Belgian ( ^_^ ) writer once said "Passion is a positive obsession. Obsession is a negative passion."

NOOB ALERT!! :blowup:

Hey - can someone explain to me why I would want to pay more than double for a 7753 version of the 187?

OK - I understand the 7753 is far better movement than the Asian 7750 - but is that it? I understand the new 7750 is actually quie good.

So - can someone with more knowledge than me please explain why I should save up for the 7753 version?

Many thanx,

JB

the girls will find you more attractive :lol: is a common answer when no other is available, though it might be hard to apply it to a movement (perhaps EL can make an argument here...). I personally cannot understand why is 187 so good, the markets on the basel are likely to fell out in a week...

I must go with Chronus. I've always been fond of the number 666.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

See you in 3 weeks ? :group:

I hope the wait will be worth it... hoping for screwed in bezel markers that are all SS and not plated SS too... lume is no problem, that's one I would be ok with as it's normal on reps... but if they DO fix things like that, date fonts, etc I won't complain :whistling:

I hope the wait will be worth it... hoping for screwed in bezel markers that are all SS and not plated SS too... lume is no problem, that's one I would be ok with as it's normal on reps... but if they DO fix things like that, date fonts, etc I won't complain

Prerequisites for me are proper datefont (the 7753 196's didn't solve this <_< ), but most importantly A NICE GENEROUS COAT OF AR!!!!! The old 7750s (Ken's) had this but it strangely disappeared with the second gen models. :g:

Hey Doc-

At least you can remove your own kidney. :lol:

Sure, all I need is a mirror, hypermobile shoulder joints and six-foot arms ;)

One of my old pals at med school once suffered a perforated appendix on the job - on his return, we presented him with a 'DIY Appendicitis Kit', comprising a couple of miniatures of Scotch (anaesthesia helps :D ), various kitchen tools including fish knife, corkscrew etc. and most helpful of all, a green plastic apron with the location of pesky organ outlined clearly along with other 'pointers' such as 'cut here', 'shave here', 'big red squishy thing - be careful!'....

Needless to say, he's now a GP/family physician :lol:

I'm interested. Can I? :wub:

Sure, if you mean the meal... if you can go to Sweden!

Then again, if I'm lucky I may be in Spain for New Year's Eve, is Madrid good that time of year ? :3a:

• 4 weeks later...