When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam187 With Swiss Eta 7753 Movement

Chronus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The date pusher on the 187 from Watchonpo is a real pusher. It is just locked in place by the spacer as were the original 7750 196's. It should be fine on that issue.

Are you sure this is the case? I remember finepics was playing around with his watchonpo version and put in an ETA 7753, but had to modify it. Anyone know why (he seems to be busy lately) ?

The date pusher on the 187 from Watchonpo is a real pusher. It is just locked in place by the spacer as were the original 7750 196's. It should be fine on that issue. As I read further postings I get the sense that we will not know whether this project will happen until the price shows up and people are either willing or unwilling to confirm orders based on it.

I do hope this project happens. IMHO, the original movement being added to the Daylight line made it a very different watch and well worth the money. My 7753 Daylights are lifetime watches. My fingers are crossed.

The quickest pusher on Honpo is a dummy I'm afraid and not blocked off. I have fitted a 7753 to my 187 but not as a 7753. I had to re-assemble it using the asian parts and tha asian transfer gears so it is now a 7750 with 7753 markings. The 7753 cannot be installed as it is because the date window in the dial is in the worng place.

Finepics-

I stand corrected. I had assumed you used 7750 configuration because of the date window. Althoug I may be mistaken but I thought the person who had disassembled my 187 said the pusher was usable and if in fact the 7753 version never comes about he is prepared to give the dial redo a try. :)

The quickest pusher on Honpo is a dummy I'm afraid and not blocked off. I have fitted a 7753 to my 187 but not as a 7753. I had to re-assemble it using the asian parts and tha asian transfer gears so it is now a 7750 with 7753 markings. The 7753 cannot be installed as it is because the date window in the dial is in the worng place.

Well, that's not good news at all. :unsure: I wouldn't want something that has to be butchered even more than the 7750 to get it to fit into the PAM187. :thumbdown: I will be interested to hear how this all works out with the movement. I thought a 7753 would just "plop" into the 187 case and work like a champ, I guess nothing is that easy. :( To be honest I don't care if the pusher works or not, I would much rather have a date window that looks right and fits closer to the dial than the 7750. I can adjust the date with the crown if I have to. ;)

Maybe they'll make their own case and can fix all the errors... hopefully. As long as no other errors creep in!

I'll ask and see if that's something they could do instead perhaps?

I think the problem with the 7753 is that the date window is in the wrong place. This is independent of the date pushere which may or may not be funcyional. If a new case has to be milled, then the price is just gonna shoot through the roof. I would probably trust Mark to rework the 7753, but I don't know what the quality assurance is gonna be on the 7753 reworked over in Asia by some Joe I don't know.

Eddy

This is what I was worried about. It doesn't appear "fixed" on the new EL version either but rather just a dummy plate like the He valve.

Sorry but I think I'm going to drop out of the buy for now. I'm going to ride my asian 7750 for as long as possible. If it fails I'll have it serviced.

Good luck with your buy guys!

Jon :victory:

hello,

guys, just stay cool and let´s see what will happen! they made an accurate pam196/188 with fully working 7753, and i think it will also be the same with the pam187! i mean sooner or later there will be an accurate version of the pam187 with a gen 7753. they produce a pam panda chrono with 7753 and i don´t know anyone who has bought it or will buy it, and now see the rush on the pam187!

best wishes

olreon

Actually if they can make it as a dummy it is not much for them to make it as a functional pusher. The date can be set the same as a 7750 anyway so it's not a massive deal for me - so long as it looks right.

I will have another good look at it and see but I am certain its just decoration as it is certainly not blocked off by anything and just sits inside the edge of the case rather than protrude into the movt space..

I think the problem with the 7753 is that the date window is in the wrong place. This is independent of the date pushere which may or may not be funcyional. If a new case has to be milled, then the price is just gonna shoot through the roof. I would probably trust Mark to rework the 7753, but I don't know what the quality assurance is gonna be on the 7753 reworked over in Asia by some Joe I don't know.

Eddy

Absolutely right - this is why I had to retrograde the 7753 into a 7750. I could not use the movt as a 7753 anyway because I trashed the date wheel in my early datewheel experiments so it was rendered useless for a watch with a date - so rather than sell it at a 7750 price I thought I might as well make use of it.

Any updates on this project?

No news at the moment, just waiting to see what happens. They probably need to work on getting the date pusher working and the 7753 movement in place.

I stripped out my EL 187 when putting a new date wheel in and there is no provision for the date pusher, it is purely cosmetic.

This watch is made suprisingly cheap because another dealer other than Eddie has offered it me at a ridiculous low price showing how cheap it is. I'm waiting for a company here in the U.K. to tell me if they will AR coat my crystal making it a far better looking rep.

My watchsmith who removed the hands so I could get the dial off was quite impressed with this new movement and lubricated it for me while I was there. THe chrono worked well before I removed the transfer gears.

Which part of the UK are you in and where did you find a watchsmith that would have a look at reps?

As for AR, contact finepics.

In order to make this with a 7753 they just need to make a new dial and make a functional date pusher - I cannot see why they would need to make a new case.

I'm not 100% sure if they are making a new case or getting an existing case and adapting it.

Only reason I would think for a new case is that it may be cheaper than buying a ready made one that has their own profit built in to the cost.

hello,

this is what i heared from a famous dealer here on the board!

"As for the Pam 187, it is not possible to install 7753 in it. If possible, Watchhonpo would have done that. The 10.00 pusher need to be drilled thru and new spare part needs to be add on.. The current fake pusher is modded together with the case."

sounds not that good, but i hope that our makers will be able to do that. and all this should be done without blowing the price range of 700-800$!

best wishes

olreon