When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam187 With Swiss Eta 7753 Movement

Chronus

update the list chronus with me on it. i'm interested of course and hoping that the price isn't too exorbitant

Done, and you too sevomd :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the ways to ensure success is to request significant deposits once you know it is doable and have a price. That is how there was comfort in proceeding ahead with the cyclops project. This is another project where not a lot (read as any) money is going to be made and so anyone investing in the run is going to need to know that the buyers are really there. For all those who are seriously interested though you should figure on spending at least in the $700 plus range. I have seen the theoretical pricing from the manufacturer. A little birdy (read as the only supplier who has previously been able to get certain parts for the 7753) can no longer get them and has said that ETA actually plans to stop (if it hasn't already) making 7753 movements. I don't know if that is completely or for generic purposes. ETA will continue to make the 7750 version though.

Chronus-

I tried to organize this project earlier with a dealer and so if the 7753 movements are actually available I have several other folks from here who are money good as well. :)

For all those who are seriously interested though you should figure on spending at least in the $700 plus range.

hello,

i think this would be a fair price for a rep that will be new on the market! just remember how long the pam188/196´with 7753 are on the market, and the price still didn´t drop under 600$.

i´ll stay with my statement. i´m in for a pam187 with 7753....

Expect to spend at least $800 if you want one.

I don't think any dealers are willing to take the risk. The profit margin is smaller than cheapo 7750. If the watch is lost, broken or caught by custom, the dealers have a large cost to eat.

Minimum order is 50. Are you guys willing to pay in advance or make a 50% deposit?

Great, from what it sounds like the watchmaker is a friend of the dealer and is doing them (and us) a favour by doing this. It may be a very limited run, who knows? Not everyone went for the PAM188 / 196 with 7753 and now you can only get them in the new (inferior) cases.

I am betting it will not be long before you cannot get 7753 anything (except in maybe a Chinese version). By the way I had heard from a dealer who is in contact with the factory that the minimum was 25 but it would guarantee a <$800 price tag with little to no profit for the dealer. And yes, I and I suspect a number of other folks are willing to put up a 50% deposit. If it is the same dealer I have been speaking to I would put the full amount down (assuming Watchonpo case).

One of the ways to ensure success is to request significant deposits once you know it is doable and have a price. That is how there was comfort in proceeding ahead with the cyclops project. This is another project where not a lot (read as any) money is going to be made and so anyone investing in the run is going to need to know that the buyers are really there. For all those who are seriously interested though you should figure on spending at least in the $700 plus range. I have seen the theoretical pricing from the manufacturer. A little birdy (read as the only supplier who has previously been able to get certain parts for the 7753) can no longer get them and has said that ETA actually plans to stop (if it hasn't already) making 7753 movements. I don't know if that is completely or for generic purposes. ETA will continue to make the 7750 version though.

Chronus-

I tried to organize this project earlier with a dealer and so if the 7753 movements are actually available I have several other folks from here who are money good as well. :)

I'll make myself CLEARER! I BUY! I'll even put a deposit down NOW if needed!

Cheers,

RENOST

I sent kruzer's info to them, and they said that is helpful. Today I emailed to specify the 1st watchonpo case that was out, stating that there seems to be a second and slightly different case out.

Hopefully we'll get the first case. Apparently some of the parts have been bought and others havent - at the moement case, dial and strap.They'll try to send me pictures when they can but said (on Friday) it would take about 2 weeks to get it together.

I've asked if they need any deposit and a rough idea of the price, so hopefully we know about that soon.

I expect it will be slow until all the parts are there and put together.

Maybe I should send pictures of the caseback, new and old, as well as the He valve so they know how it should be?

As lucky no. 14 on the original 'want' list, I feel ought to be upfront at this point and withdraw my interest and let someone else opt in. If possible, I'd be happy to put down as a 'sub', reserve, cancellation list that kind of thing (or if you guys absolutely desperately needed one more to make it happen, or someone drops out at last minute then I could possibly reconsider but otherwise...).

Purely financial reasons, what with a couple vintage projects bubbling away, a 187 from Eddie on the way, and a rather large mid-year adjustment by the tax man ( :o:black_eye: ), I'm pretty maxed out for a little while in terms of disposable income.

Good luck all of you, I really hope it comes together and I look forward to gnashing my teeth with seething jealousy when I see first pics posted - for your efforts, Chronus :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm hoping so too. I'm staying away from the Asian 7750 version and waiting on this one. I can't afford both! That could be $1000 or more combined!

Unless the price is just too low to resist, I think I am happy with my 187 from EL. Keeping COSC specs right now. Even has individually numbered casebacks. I think I might have to pull my name from the list. Still if the price is right...

Eddy

Unless the price is just too low to resist, I think I am happy with my 187 from EL. Keeping COSC specs right now. Even has individually numbered casebacks. I think I might have to pull my name from the list. Still if the price is right...

Eddy

I'm in agreement here too but also have some other concerns about the 7753 versions. Not sure how the date pusher is supposed to operate on the 7753 but it feels as though it stationary on the new EL 187. Its making me wonder if the 7753 version will be a hack job thrown together by the rep companies. I'm very happy with me EL 187 so far especially now that its a confirmed "NEW" asian 7750. I was concerned I would receive that horrible old 7750a or b or b1 thing. I've had ZERO luck with those movements thus far. Much more comfortable with the new 28,800 vph model arriving in many of the new models!

However a man is only as good as his word so if this group buy works out w/ a well built model and a reasonable price I will still be down, just expressing my doubts after seeing the EL version up close and personally!

Chronus - Please keep us updated!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

hey guy put me in the list please for a 7753

and by the way i received this email from this guy...........

Dear Eric,

I am very sorry for the late reply. I am still away from my office so please give me until first few days of july. I shell make the announcements at rwg.cc on the release date. Thank you and sorry to trouble you.

Best Regards,

KEN

eric chatelain <echatelain69@hotmail.com> wrote:

hello ken

i need this watch absolutly(pam 187 with 7753 inside) can you supply me this watch or can you tell me when you can supply me the watch

let me know soon ok

eric

:yu::yu::yu:

Not sure how the date pusher is supposed to operate on the 7753 but it feels as though it stationary on the new EL 187.

The Asian 7750 version's case has only a cosmetic date pusher on the case. It is purely for show.

The ETA 7753 based PAM188 and PAM196 had a date pusher on the side that was activated by pressing a point (like the thing used to push out pins in a bracelet) or a pencil. This advances the date by one day.

I am assuming that they will be working on getting this functional, but looking as it already does.

hey guy put me in the list please for a 7753

and by the way i received this email from this guy...........

Dear Eric,

I am very sorry for the late reply. I am still away from my office so please give me until first few days of july. I shell make the announcements at rwg.cc on the release date. Thank you and sorry to trouble you.

Best Regards,

KEN

eric chatelain <echatelain69@hotmail.com> wrote:

hello ken

i need this watch absolutly(pam 187 with 7753 inside) can you supply me this watch or can you tell me when you can supply me the watch

let me know soon ok

eric

:yu::yu::yu:

Very very interesting. I wonder what they will come up with ? Will they still have high prices? And will there be a working date corrector?

The date pusher on the 187 from Watchonpo is a real pusher. It is just locked in place by the spacer as were the original 7750 196's. It should be fine on that issue. As I read further postings I get the sense that we will not know whether this project will happen until the price shows up and people are either willing or unwilling to confirm orders based on it.

I do hope this project happens. IMHO, the original movement being added to the Daylight line made it a very different watch and well worth the money. My 7753 Daylights are lifetime watches. My fingers are crossed.

IMHO, the original movement being added to the Daylight line made it a very different watch and well worth the money. My 7753 Daylights are lifetime watches. My fingers are crossed.

if there is a chance to get a rep with the same movement as the genuine, not only talking about panerai, i wouldn´t spend my money on reps with any modificated movements. so, the only pam187 i would buy, is the one with 7753 movement.

best wishes

olreon