When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam187 With Swiss Eta 7753 Movement

Chronus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing at the moment, except I got my hours cut from 47.5 to 37.5 which means I lose about 30% of my pay :(

Can anyone help me get a new job? I work in Financial Systems at the moment.

Nothing at the moment, except I got my hours cut from 47.5 to 37.5 which means I lose about 30% of my pay :(

Can anyone help me get a new job? I work in Financial Systems at the moment.

Sorry to hear that Chronus, not sure what Financial Systems means exactly (IT techie nerd?) but I hope you're not in charge of my money - that's a 20% pay cut not a 30% one :p.

Not great time either, what with the new season upon us, and those expensive trips to Cardiff and Athens to save up for ;)

Maybe some moonlighting is in order - Deuce Bigalow-style? Don't knock it, it paid my way through med school :lol:

Sorry to hear that Chronus, not sure what Financial Systems means exactly (IT techie nerd?) but I hope you're not in charge of my money - that's a 20% pay cut not a 30% one :p.

Not great time either, what with the new season upon us, and those expensive trips to Cardiff and Athens to save up for ;)

Maybe some moonlighting is in order - Deuce Bigalow-style? Don't knock it, it paid my way through med school :lol:

It is closer to 30% because the overtime hours pay more. :(

Exactly.

And my job deals with the financial packages that the accountants deal with, knowing how to use it and to train them (which means I look through the help file and explain in normal languague ;) ). I also have to develop new things for them, but accountants being what they are this invariably means developing Excel sheets with VisualBasic behind it, but even that confuses them!

By the way Doc, any advice on laser eye surgery?

Exactly.

And my job deals with the financial packages that the accountants deal with, knowing how to use it and to train them (which means I look through the help file and explain in normal languague ;) ). I also have to develop new things for them, but accountants being what they are this invariably means developing Excel sheets with VisualBasic behind it, but even that confuses them!

By the way Doc, any advice on laser eye surgery?

Anyone who has to deal with bean-counters on a daily basis gets my condolences :lol: Your 'clients' are probably indirectly responsible for your hours being cut in the first place <_<

BTW I already posted on your "should I or should I not let some high street spectacle consultant fire a burning beam of light into my precious corneas" thread ;):lol:

Anyone who has to deal with bean-counters on a daily basis gets my condolences :lol: Your 'clients' are probably indirectly responsible for your hours being cut in the first place <_<

BTW I already posted on your "should I or should I not let some high street spectacle consultant fire a burning beam of light into my precious corneas" thread ;):lol:

I just saw it , thanks :)

As for the bean counters, apparently they budgeted for my position at 37.5 hours, but at a higher wage... so why cut my hours unless I exceed that limit, or increase my wages and cut my hours?

Is this a coded message to say they don't want me ? I can just see how screwed they would be once I left... :whistling:

I guess they'll get their wish soon enough :victory:

Bean counters are not human remember, they may look human but it's a disguise (their social ineptness and complete lack of sartorial sense is the giveaway flaw, much like crappy CGs on a Sub).

Don't try and bean count the bean-counters, that way you will be assimilated and they will have your soul for all eternity :evil2:

• 2 weeks later...

Willith-

Absolutely no word. At this point my guess is the only hope is Ken (honpo). There is a lingering description on the honpo page for a valjoux Panerai something priced at 100,000 yen. Also Ken is not saying it won't happen more a matter of when. So nothing has changed except I have managed to ruin a couple of my bezel markers by overpolishing on my 7750 version. :(

This also means I still have no PAM187 as I'm not, as yet, prepared to get the Asian 7750 version. I guess I have to continue being patient! :bicycle:

i think that the version with swiss eta 7753 mvt won't be released (if it will be ever!) so soon....

guy get yourself the 187 with asian 7750...the price has dropped and the rep is good...

I can't afford both and would always be unhappy with it I think, knowing I could have, should have got the 7753 version. If the 188 and 196 can be with a 7753 I don't see why the 187 can't be the same.

And on top of that I want a Doxa Sub 750T ... I saw a Sharkhunter 750T but it was gone anyway (all on Timezone)... very tempting but no money :(

I like their orange rubber straps for it too. :group:

Oh 187 wherefore are thou ? :black_eye:

• 2 weeks later...

An update on PAM187 with 7753. I haven't heard about the version from the people I was talking to but came across information that Watchonpo are working on one. I think kruzer00 takes credit for this info. I think the hold-up at that end is that they are trying to sort out the copper covered bezel markers. I would have thought they just replace with solid stainless steel, screwed into the bezel? :g:

I am happy to take the credit when there actually is one. :lol: My point is simply that many months ago when we first discussed this Ken let us know that they would be considering it over the Summer. Now it does appear they will do it and if they can use SS markers screwed down with the AR coat crystal and etched He Valve as the Honpo version originally was with the proper movement we will have one hell of a watch. :)