When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam187 With Swiss Eta 7753 Movement

Chronus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chronus-

At the rate this project appears to be going you have plenty of time. :wounded1:

I hope it moves along, but I am still low on money. My computer died yesterday which explains why I am not on here much... I have been using a cheap $100 machine I have had for a while instead until I can buy the parts to fix the other one and get a decent back up solution (Buffalo 1TB station costs almost $900 :black_eye: ).

Oh well, as they say, hope springs eternal... but I'll be in hibernation for this week :thumbdown:

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know it's unlikely to go ahead for the foreseeable future. I was told that other new projects and a lot of new watches are taking priority so I doubt very much we will see this at all now. Also availability of the 7753 movt has to be a question as well since it's no longer available from ETA.

I'm still hoping, not as much as before as I had expected it to be here by now. I guess if it doesn't it saves me money, as I am NOT going to get the Asian 7750 on principle now that I have waited so long (plus those dodgy coated bezel markers :yuk::nono: .

I'm in for one of these! I have the 187 with a chinese movement and it is the only watch I have that will not wind on a winder, plus one of the markers fell off!

Anyone know if the marker problem will be fixed on the next generation. Also, if the date font issue with it sitting too low beneath the dial going to be fixed?

Smack

The 7753 movement will not have the 'too deep' date issue.

That only occurs when the 7750 has transfer gears inserted on the dial side of the movement to change the subdial layout to the 7753 layout. In that case the 7750 movement, together with its datewheel, is separated from the dial by the additional gears which acts as a spacer between the movement and dial, thus placing the datewheel further back from the dail than it ought to be. The 7753 is a standard '3, 6, 9' layout so the dial will fit tightly on top of the movement.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I've been gone for nearly 2 months and this project still isn't any further than the last time I checked. :( Maybe we can start working on a nice 194 in actual Ti, it would have to be easier (and faster) than this project has been moving. ;)

You would have thought a straightforward titanium 194 would be easy to do, but the factory seems to be loathe to making it :(

Well, I'll keep my finger crossed for either the 7753 PAM187 or the Ti PAM194 one of these days I might get one of these watches. :( I'm about ready to break down and just buy the real PAM194, they are going for $7600 and then at least I can have one to wear around. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this thread for the first time...

The PAM187 w/ a Swiss Movement has been on my "wish list" forever! We need to push this forward!

It seems, as of recent, the spotlight has been on the BigBang and the Breitling Chrono Evo...What no more love for PAMs?!?!

I just saw this thread for the first time...

The PAM187 w/ a Swiss Movement has been on my "wish list" forever! We need to push this forward!

It seems, as of recent, the spotlight has been on the BigBang and the Breitling Chrono Evo...What no more love for PAMs?!?!

you can always submit a post in the RT watch polls...and hope it gets enough votes to be replicated...otherwise...we won't see it!

Well, I'll keep my finger crossed for either the 7753 PAM187 or the Ti PAM194 one of these days I might get one of these watches. :( I'm about ready to break down and just buy the real PAM194, they are going for $7600 and then at least I can have one to wear around. ;)

Wish I could too, but I can't afford it. :black_eye: