When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

classic old game: "guess my sub"

manuel

Who is that guy? I hope he's not one of our forum members... and I hope one of our forum members isn't selling his MBW as a gen.

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about red 1680 can call out the MBW dial in 2 seconds. What a moron!

Nanuq - No surprise there.

Pictures posted from http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/34dean/

Poster 'Brady1031' from IP address 69.0.32.38

--- performing WHOIS on "69.0.32.38"...

pppox pool bras4 mrdnct.12355 SBC06900003200023060425163605 (NET-69-0-32-0-1)

--- performing WHOIS on "NET-69-0-32-0-1"...

CustName: pppox pool bras4 mrdnct.12355

Address: Private Address

City: Plano

StateProv: TX

PostalCode: 75075

I saw that post yesterday on the VFR- took one look at it and said that's an MBW- now who the heck would go posting an MBW on VFR? The bracelet shot was not in SD3's bunch of pics that I could see- a 78360, which is an incorrect bracelet, of course. Hopefully it's a case of stuff stolen over the internet- but then it means some unscrupulous person is trying to scam someone.

tmc, have you ever tried to tell apart the differences between your j&w montecarlo and the swiss made one? the montecarlo aint a popular rep/franken. If I ever see a montecarlo like yours I would not be able to tell from the swiss...lovely watch yours.

Edited by manuel

would have these WIS have noticed a dial from ndt-dials?

Imo there are very good aftermarket dials out there.

:p you better not play with those hardcore collectors.

I wouldn't try to slide an NDT dial past these guys- unless it had been aged a bunch. These new aftermarket dials just look too 'new'.

And of course, I wouldn't try to get anything past them unless it was gen- just not worth it IMO.

Actually the guy on the gen forum doesn't know all... the red 1680 also comes with the "modern" coronet and ROLEX font. It's a rare variation though. The coronet position is different though.

My 1680 MBW (left) vs. gen.

modded.jpg

The red SUBMARINER font is totally wrong on the MBW, and it was the biggest reason I got rid of my rep. It's totally obvious.

I love the mbw 1680.

A red submariner with new dial dots and new case is very suspicious.

Also that insert didnt help that much.

I prefer the white because of that.

I think that there is no need to point to someone. It is just that we and this hobby should start under the radar. There are people out there that dont understand this hobby and see this comunity as posers or deceivers. Nothing would be more wrong. It is very easy for them to point at this forum and say that we try to make better reps just for cash from ingenue collectors.