When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Week End Wrist Check

By-Tor

Guest avitt
Avitt -- Where have you been keeping that beautiful ticker? I have not seen it around (especially at that angle) for some time. :Jumpy::good::bounce::wub:

Thanks Freddy. This one doesn't get as much wrist time as its brother (probably just a wardrobe issue), but feels just as good when it's on...

More pics please.

Happy to oblige...

img5230po8.jpg

img5250av5.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to oblige...

img5230po8.jpg

img5250av5.jpg

For my money, it just does not get any better than this. I know that, technically, this is a franken, but it is still the highest form of pure horological art, in every sense of the word.

And for any members who are not already aware, it was Avitt's watch (along with its black-dialed brother) that inspired/prompted these

6263andcompany005-10241.jpg

I normally have no idea what watch I will wear in the future, but I think I will have to make a point of wearing this 1 tomorrow

raybans0041.jpg

Guest avitt

Thank you for the kind words, freddy333.

I have an equal amount of respect and admiration for your collection... And more importantly, your expertise, knowledge, and willingness to share. :victory:

@Stephane: Even the gen has that single sided AR coating. The rep is spot on. I went to compare with genuine. Even the tint looks the same.

Couldn't agree more.. The Ferrari range is the best range of reps probably ever made.

what models are they and where did you get them from may I ask?

Avitt's is a model 6265 & mine are model 6239, 6263 & 6241, respectively. All are DW frankens (there are scores of threads dedicated to DW Daytonas that you can find by way of the Search tool) &, with the exception of my 6263 (which was purchased whole, but modded with gen parts), were constructed by their owners with the same base chronograph movements & many of the gen parts used in the original gen watches.

It's amazing how dramatically my choice of watches can change my look.

bling1715mh4.jpg

Actually, I just received this amazing Royal Oak Jumbo on Wednesday -- thank you, Ubi!! -- so it is almost impossible for me to even consider another watch right now.

img0033ol8.jpg

This is a slightly different perspective.

img0029xl0.jpg

I cant remember exactly how that pic was done but probably would have just been couple of filters.

Looking at it I would say probably the cutout filter followed by the poster edges filter? Here is the PO pic after running it through them.

IMG_08221.jpg