When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Crown Part #24-702-0

freddy333

I wonder if someone with some contacts could build up a few of the 702 tubes in generic form. I am sure you could prolly sell a few hundred on the bay alone and make out like a bandit. I would switch my 703's out in a flash to put the correct thin crown on my MBW's. Waterproof or not.

I wonder who the people are he does business with.

Anyone with alot of money invested in a rare gen or franken who needs to replace a crown & places a higher value on originality/accuracy than cost. I have a 702 on my DRSD, but it was purchased before the prices took off. In fact, a number of people here posted predictions last year suggesting the rise in Rolex parts prices that we are now seeing. And I will predict, again, that, in the coming months, many people will be wishing they had bitten the bullet now before prices double or triple again.

Jewelerstools on ebay was selling a used 7020 crown and tube for ~$290 just a few weeks ago, still nuts but better than $500. I'll bet he has more.

It can't be that hard to have some machined -I'd think. Anyone know a good machine shop that would take this on? :g:

You are of course right, people invest great money in their genuine watches to get them back to originality. But people who do that are not so stupid and buy it on eBay for that kind of money. There are some mighty other sources that can get these parts still, some new, some used, for much less - but still too much IMHO. Vintage Rolex is just a topic on its own - it's been getting crazy.

These are different crowns and tubes. these new ones 24-703 are cheap.. the vintage 24-702 ones cost 10x more if you can even find them. Ive been looking for a 702 tube for years..

dizz

i found some supposed genuine ones for $25 each for 16610 or 14060 size 703. theyre used tho and dont come in an original box. shipping SHOULDNT be TOO much

Well, I wouldn't want to sell it, sorry - as i finally tracked down a crown for a not so astronomic price. :) Somebody should definitely get into repping these. $$$$

Yeah i would have been surprised if you did. Good luck with your project..

P.

maybe SOMEONE should buy up all the 24-703s while they can for future projects and resale :whistling: ...one day theyll be just like the 702

be careful when you buy these "group lots" of rolex crowns on ebay. some of them may be useless and have stripped threads. read the fine print in the auction always!! And sometimes these "rolex submariner crowns" do turn out to be the old 702's and for most people are completely useless becasue of the before mentioned lack of tubes available.

dizz