When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eurotimez new MBW 2008 Submariner

Tribal

I saw Eurotimez has the MBW 2008 with Bezel construction like Gen,Fat tube etc...

in his section.. :huh:

I know this watch only with engravings on the rehaut and most people don't like these engravings

include me...

Look here...

img75811ol6iv8.jpg

But he has this watch also with no Engravings,so is this a alternative to the WM9 Sub?

I don't know really, but on his Pics it looks good...

So the question is, will fit a gen Insert also a gen Glass like WM9, has the Tube gen Specs also the Crown,

is the Rehaut depp and flat etc?

If so than this one is a great Sub and hey it's a MBW :lol:

Maybe I can make a complete Review and Pictorial of this Sub

I keep you all updated... ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. I guess the best comparison would be to do a side by side with a proper Noob or gen. Surely Tribal must have one or the other kicking around. ;)

I have this watch and the rehaut looks good. Also the band which typically comes with solid mid links (past years modern MBW subs) now comes with hollow center links. Its a great sub rep.

I think also it's a good one.

But must see in person.

Eurotimez is so kind to send me

the MBW/MBK Sub 2008 to inspect it and to

write a review for our comunity.

This one has also Bezel construction like gen and the same

glass construction like the WM9 Sub.

I'll keep you updated ;)

Looks way too woky to me. The WM9 sub has this done perfectly, whereas this one looks like other MBW/K modern subs.

Have you seen pictures of the bezel construction? When the SSD first came out, folks were saying that is also had a gen-like bezel, but that was proven to be false.

It's not a bad looking sub, but from this one pic I don't see any improvements, appearance wise, over other modern MBW/K's.

We will see when I have it in my Hand.

I will resemble and make a pictorial review of it.

Maybe it has something special but will tell no so

much in the moment.

Eurotimez is so kind to send me one to inspect and review it.

I much apreciate that.

He send the no engraved Rehaut Version I like much more.

Keep you updated about it.

its prob just the camera being to close thats causing the wokky look... I would be shocked if MBW fuked their watch up that badly LOL

I agree. Many people have no idea how badly the macro function can distort an image. A simple experiment taking photographs with and without macro of the same watch (at different distances obviously) produce dramatically different results. On my own SSD I can double the apparent "wokkiness" of the rehault using macro and placing the camera as close as I can to the watch.

No ROLEX ENGRAVINGS

web-mbk-euromariner-black-2007-015.jpg

web-mbk-euromariner-black-2007-019.jpg

ROLEX ENGRAVINGS

web-mbk-euromariner-black-2008-093.jpg

web-mbk-euromariner-black-2008-040.jpg

web-mbk-euromariner-green-2008-105.jpg

web-mbk-euromariner-green-2008-101.jpg

REHAUT and DATE MAG....EUROMARINER COMPARED TO NOOB...

web-mbk-vs-euromariner-139.jpg

I'll let Tribal have the first batch of EUROMARINERS so stay tuned to his posts/review guys :p

Very excited myself to have Tribal do a review for the whole community, can't wait :)

Edited by EuroTimez

I am a little confused (permanent state :p ), is this an MBW/MBK Sub? Or something different?

Cheers! B)

judging from the 3x magnification it a tuned up MBW .... lets wait for Tribals

non-photoshopped pics ;)

Frank

These pictures aren't photoshopped in any sense (I don't even have the time for it, but I'll take it as a compliment that you like my pictures :p

Only thing I did was...

only RESIZE for Web (as you dont want to see 2mb with 2500x2000 pixels for one shot) and My watermark on it... A

and the date isn't 3x (which is way too big, IMO there isn't any rep which has 3x, I think the MBK is more like 2.7x or 2.8x slightly too big) .... see this pic...

MBK / MBW vs EUROMARINER, the noob was slighlty too small, the MBK was slightly too big, but EUROMARINER is reallly spot on IMHO...

please note that it's quite hard to shoot the date-mag as you need the right ANGLE and distant, light etc and esp hard with two reps next to each other but I can tell that it is really close if not spot on to the gen, then any other rep I've seen. Altho it might be a bit "wrong" to praise your own watch, the date-mag has always been more or less my pet-peeve and this time IMO it's pretty darn close.

MBK (2.8x) vs EURO (2.5x)

web-mbk-vs-euromariner-140.jpg

NOOB (2.3x)

web-mbk-euromariner-green-vs-noobma.jpg

GEN

submariner_4c.JPG

Edited by EuroTimez

These pictures aren't photoshopped in any sense (I don't even have the time for it, but I'll take it as a compliment that you like my pictures :p

don't want to bash you or anything ;)

thanks for the reply.

im happy that a new Sub comes out - bring em on - but make them good - finally :D

on the gen - the mag is not filled completely

look what i mean :

galbub101.jpg

- i think the mag on the noob is perfect as it is.

if you look frontal on the noob (with better insert and crown) its as good as it gets - in the rep world ....

just don't look at the rehaut-depth. :D

looking forward to your Euromariner !

cheers,

Frank