When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct Hand Stack GMTIIc back instock!

rckh

well i have to admit i just broke down and hit the "buy it now" button on this one too :wounded1::o:lol:

it's the first rep i've bought in months; i just had this feeling that i would regret not having the correct hand stack version many months later. this worry, combined with trusted members' comments on the quality of the replication on this watch, put me over the top.

now the wait begins :bounce:

deltatahoe

CONGRATS DT .... you will have no "buyers remorse" on this rep ... fo sure..

I can safely say for me it's the maker I go with these day's .. it's gotten to the point where if it is one of the 3 top makers,.. quality is almost a sure bet.. and I am not a betting man per say.. just calculated risk taker :rolleyes:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am noting a curious thing happening with this watch that happens only rarely. Alot of members (myself included) are purchasing a rep they would not normally buy. Like Delta, I have not purchased a rep in many months (probably more than a year -- concentrating my efforts on vintage frankens). And although I read the initial reviews in magazines & on TZ when the GMTIIC 1st appeared, I have since always either ignored it or consciously passed over those articles & threads (on TZ) that discuss this watch. Such was my disinterest in it. Until today. There is just something about this rep, probably its overall accuracy & the technological feat of faithfully reproducing a reasonable likeness of the gen's ceramic bezel, that seems to be drawing buyers like moths to a flame. And I cannot quite put my finger on what it is, even though I am 1 of the many moths that have been incited (& hopefully not burned) by its charms. Very curious indeed....... :g:

I do believe freddy that it is a combo of the fact that this is a rolex rep.. and for a long time all the rolex reps left us wanting a more detailed and better quality replication.. and with the evolutiopn of the rep industry and standards.. (maybe Honpo was the divining rod).. this is the first truely outstanding replication out of the box..the genuine TT in this model is supposed to be out soon .. one can only wonder and hope for now.. what the reps will be like in 09...

only a very few left as of now.. better get one soon

actually the maker produced a certain amount .. the 2nd run was destined for other parts of the world.. so better give credit to our collectors for securing for us what was supposed to be for other parties... :rolleyes:

I hate Rollies.

I just bought one.

I hate all of you. You guys are the reason that I can't get married. No woman would let me do stuff like this...

that's saying a lot for "our" so called intelligence... :lol:

@mag.. remember just the underside of the mag is ar'd not the entire crystal ... the hour hand functions the same on the rep. ..however I am not tempted to "play" with it too much at this point but it does click and not slide when you use the adjustment via the crown...i am not overly confident in the mod. kit.. that's not saying it's not reliable.. but my take is ..........it is what it is...

well i have to admit i just broke down and hit the "buy it now" button on this one too :wounded1::o:lol:

it's the first rep i've bought in months; i just had this feeling that i would regret not having the correct hand stack version many months later. this worry, combined with trusted members' comments on the quality of the replication on this watch, put me over the top.

now the wait begins :bounce:

deltatahoe

Right there with ya, DT. I'm just curious to see how close it is to my gen!! Pulled the trigger a bit ago. What's the worst that could happen? I won't like it!?!?

Care to elaborate?

one .. was the weight .. he has it listed at 141g but he also notes that he weighed it on a kitchen scale.. I cannot remember others off the top of my head.... privan found a genuine review with the weight closer to the reps.. at 151g or a little over..it's in this thread.. conversely he has the ar as undersided ar'd.. other reviews has it as double.. i went with the underside as i could not see double when I viewed it at the AD..

The 116710 bezel clicks in one-hours jumps and not in minutes as the 16710... this is from the review.. by one hour jumps i take that as 12 clicks ?? .. it has 24 clicks as does the genuine..

The 116710 bezel clicks in one-hours jumps and not in minutes as the 16710... this is from the review.. by one hour jumps i take that as 12 clicks ?? .. it has 24 clicks as does the genuine..

I think he is referring to the bezel's 24-hour time scale, which would result in 24 1-hour jumps. I know the poster, Sheldon, & he is pretty knowledgeable. But, obviously, his kitchen scale may not be.

Is this place for real???? http://www.rolex24h.com/index.htm

Their prices are pretty cheap.......which makes me doubt?????

Check the price and pictures of your watch???? If it's a GEN, it's darn pretty good price!!!!

http://www.rolex24h.com/rolex_gmt_master.htm

Whaddya think????????

I think he is referring to the bezel's 24-hour time scale, which would result in 24 1-hour jumps. I know the poster, Sheldon, & he is pretty knowledgeable. But, obviously, his kitchen scale may not be.

OK.. stand corrected on that ..

Looks like this watch is sold out again on both Andrew's and Josh's site. We'll see if there is a miraculous 4th batch of watches that appear.

I subscribe to the conspiracy theory, that this is a marketing ploy to inflate interest and drive up the prices.

.......... Ummmm, I think its working.

Looks like this watch is sold out again on both Andrew's and Josh's site. We'll see if there is a miraculous 4th batch of watches that appear.

Looks like I put my order in just in time. I received notification that my watch has been shipped along with my tracking number this morning.

I subscribe to the conspiracy theory, that this is a marketing ploy to inflate interest and drive up the prices.

Half of me says you are wrong (which is why I impetuously placed my order yesterday), but the other half says you may be right -- even if Andrew/Josh do not offer more, the same watch (with correct hand stack) may appear in the near future from other sellers at varying prices. It is difficult to believe the factory would tool up to produce such a high-demand model & then stop producing it. The Chinese rep makers are not generally known for allowing profitable opportunities to slip through their hands.

Mine shipped already as well.

If all this is a classic 'scarcity' marketing gimmick, then I suppose I'll have to thank Josh for inspiring me to make the purchase versus dawdling. ;) (Asumming it's as nice as hoped)

I think you're right...and I think some of the posts about 'get em while you can' only feeds the fire. Only time will tell if they are the super rep they've already been dubbed as being... <_< Personally, if I buy one I'll buy one second hand. If were to receive a defective watch from these "limited" number of CHS batches, the disappointment would leave me too sour for words.

Well this is going to be interesting. After wearing nothing but Pams and 44+mm watches (Not including crown) for the past 3 years, I am anticipating giving the GMT plenty of wrist time.So, in preparation for it's arrival, I am wearing my old Seiko Black Monster on SS band to get an approximation of how the GMT will feel and wear, and to be honest I am having no problems with the smaller watch and I am really enjoying the tool-ness of the Monster. This might sound weird, but I have been hog-tied to big watches for quite a while now and I can remember vividly the days, when I thought that my 53mm U-Boat was "just right". Kind of like thinking back on the leisure suits I used to wear in the 70s' ( Yea I'm an old fart, but boogie -on). So this just might be a further evolution for me in the circle of my watch-consciousness. Wow, me wearing a Rolex, well back to the future!

Rogerwine

There is just something about this rep, probably its overall accuracy & the technological feat of faithfully reproducing a reasonable likeness of the gen's ceramic bezel, that seems to be drawing buyers like moths to a flame. And I cannot quite put my finger on what it is, even though I am 1 of the many moths that have been incited (& hopefully not burned) by its charms. Very curious indeed....... :g:

I do believe freddy that it is a combo of the fact that this is a rolex rep.. and for a long time all the rolex reps left us wanting a more detailed and better quality replication.. and with the evolutiopn of the rep industry and standards.. (maybe Honpo was the divining rod).. this is the first truely outstanding replication out of the box..

definitely some interesting observations in there -- i think you both have it right -- there is just something about the replication of this watch that is pulling in folks who have had plenty of rolex reps to know the look and feel of a quality watch.

it will definitely be interesting to see how the first-version "correct hand stack" story will play out. as someone else mentioned before, sometimes reps improve with each 'generation', sometimes they get the most things correct in the first version. EL's original iwc pilot's watch (3717) is a perfect example (i managed to get one from his initial run as well :)); i just have this feeling that for this watch, it could be the same story.

deltatahoe

/snip

So, in preparation for it's arrival, I am wearing my old Seiko Black Monster on SS band to get an approximation of how the GMT will feel and wear, and to be honest I am having no problems with the smaller watch and I am really enjoying the tool-ness of the Monster.

/snip

I am doing the same. Since I ordered it 6 days ago, I am wearing most of the time a noobmariner :) It feels small, but I am getting used to it..

IMG_2371.jpg

Funny thing is that in the same order I have a corum ACC Ti&RG in order to make the average 44mm :p I will post pics of both as soon as I get them :)