When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happy Fathers Day

UncleJay

Just a little best wishes on the special day. This happens to be my favorite holiday. I do feel the day's name should be changed. I'd call it Dad's Day, as "Dad" I feel has a warmer more personal sound.....besides, what Father doesn't like a DD? :p Enjoy guys!

Congrats to Hank (on the impending grand kid and fathers day) and to Jay, and to all the other Dads out there. We rock!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sadly, father's day here is perpetually on the same frickin' weekend as my mother-in-law's birthday - I should have checked the small print before committing, I know, I know. I wouldn't mind, except mothers day is such a pain in the ass for me (children don't do shit, it's all me cooking it!) :animal_rooster:

Congrats to Hank (on the impending grand kid and fathers day) and to Jay, and to all the other Dads out there. We rock!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sadly, father's day here is perpetually on the same frickin' weekend as my mother-in-law's birthday - I should have checked the small print before committing, I know, I know. I wouldn't mind, except mothers day is such a pain in the ass for me (children don't do [censored], it's all me cooking it!) :animal_rooster:

:laugh:

Same to you Uncle Jay and all the Dads here, soon to be Dads and those that want to be Dads one day. I will enjoy a quiet day tomorrow, enjoy my favorite meal of meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes and enjoy the NBA game.

Oh and I plan to change watches throughout the day. :)

Father's day has a slight poignancy to it this year for me. My 18 year old daughter gave birth to a son :2: on 22nd April (making me a VERY young Grandad !! :D ). Unfortunately, three days after he was born he was rushed into intensive care with infantile meningitis. He spent the first two weeks of his life on anti-biotics and anti-seizure drugs. He came home when he was three weeks old and we looked forward to him growing up happy and healthy. However, when he was only 5 weeks old, he was diagnosed with a SECOND bout of meningitis! He is now 7 weeks old and has just had his last injection of anti-biotics (although he will be on oral anti-biotics for the next few weeks. We hope we have seen the last of the nasty infection that had invaded his little body and we can only pray :pray: that he doesn't have too much in the way of future problems (physical or mental).

@MM & Uncle Jay: Thanks for your kind sentiments. Being told your grandson "might not make it..." when he's only 4 days old concentrates the mind somewhat !!

Happy Father's Day to all you fellow Dads out there ! B)

Happy Fathers day to all the Dad's of the world! My 18 year old son just graduated from High School,

yesterday, and that is a rewarding gift for Dad. :D

Sadly, father's day here is perpetually on the same frickin' weekend as my mother-in-law's birthday - I should have checked the small print before committing, I know, I know. I wouldn't mind, except mothers day is such a pain in the ass for me (children don't do shit, it's all me cooking it!) :animal_rooster:

I suffer the same fate and guess who is coming over tomorrow so I can BBQ B)

Happy Dad's day to all the Dad's, new and old :drunk:

Father's day has a slight poignancy to it this year for me. My 18 year old daughter gave birth to a son :2: on 22nd April (making me a VERY young Grandad !! :D ). Unfortunately, three days after he was born he was rushed into intensive care with infantile meningitis. He spent the first two weeks of his life on anti-biotics and anti-seizure drugs. He came home when he was three weeks old and we looked forward to him growing up happy and healthy. However, when he was only 5 weeks old, he was diagnosed with a SECOND bout of meningitis! He is now 7 weeks old and has just had his last injection of anti-biotics (although he will be on oral anti-biotics for the next few weeks. We hope we have seen the last of the nasty infection that had invaded his little body and we can only pray :pray: that he doesn't have too much in the way of future problems (physical or mental).

OMG

I wish you the best of luck. i can't imagine the stress involved, luckily my son has not had any serious illnesses, but he is related to me, so ithey will come at some point.

post-1267-1213511314_thumb.jpg

Happy father or Dad's day for all or us guys ...... B) B) B) B) :D :D :D :D :D

My sons and I :D

IMG_2129.jpg

Hey Eric where is your compass,

Well i am stuck between German And English fathers day, mine is dead and holidays like this dont have a great deal of clout in my house, also i am 7000 km away from my family, but we have our special days so that is what counts, so for all the men outthere who qualifiy enjoy!!!!!!!!! buy a new watch.