When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new fake rivet 7206 bracelet is out

bertieng

It looks like a gen & the seller identifies it as such

THIS IS 100% GENUINE ROLEX WATCH BRACELET

If it were an aftermarket/fake, he would have several to sell & we would be seeing them available from some of our collectors.

But if it is a fake, count me in for a couple also.

It looks like a gen & the seller identifies it as such

If it were an aftermarket/fake, he would have several to sell & we would be seeing them available from some of our collectors.

But if it is a fake, count me in for a couple also.

I think so too - this looks real and it would be available if there were reps...

Come on guys, it's fake. Look at all the other stuff he's selling. I'm getting tired of these chinese eBay sellers hawking supposedly genuine vintage Rolex items.

Did you see the second one he is selling? That clasp is real and you can see the folded bracelet. Hong Kong was always flooded with luxury items and I am not surprised that NOS stuff is popping up there.

Come on guys, it's fake. Look at all the other stuff he's selling. I'm getting tired of these chinese eBay sellers hawking supposedly genuine vintage Rolex items.

Quite Euno. I mean there's no way in hell that is gen. Look at the stamping, the condition. It's not even NOS it's more like SORFPLOS. Of course he says it's gen, who can prove otherwise? However before you all wet your pants at the thought of a nice 1:1 vintage bracelet, I'll bet this is not available on the open rep market, as it is clearly a big money spinner for the makers/dealers. I'll bet they can make $350-500+ on these 'replacement' bracelets.

Did you see the second one he is selling? That clasp is real and you can see the folded bracelet. Hong Kong was always flooded with luxury items and I am not surprised that NOS stuff is popping up there.

True, and I know Andy has some great NOS bits and pieces. But HK is also flooded with other items in this market, so one must view everything with suspicion. Even here in London, where I can pick up a Mk II 1665 or NOS straight-secs 1655 without breaking sweat in terms of sourcing, these bracelets are hard to come by, so I'm not buying that HK is awash with them.

If you have been tracing very carefully on this seller in the past, he actually had 4-5 7836 bracelets for sale in brand new conditions, which have been proved fake, no doubt. I trust ome members here actually pull the trigger, and got the bracelet.

This time the quality of the 7206 has been further improved, it is not easy for any causal Rolex buyers to spot it as fake. The facts are:

1. Condition of the bracelet is simply far too good for any real 7206 on the market considering the vintage of this model. Not even Rolex will have any NOS available.

2. Look at the stamping of "58" on the endlinks.

3. Look at the shape of the rivert pins - flat vs round in gen.

4. The date stamping on the clasp.

5. The biggest giveaway is the cornet stamping on the clasp. I think they use the same stamping mold as for the 7836.

Still, I must say this is a master piece of fake. They really take the pain in copying the folding links as almost same as those in the gen. And they have learned the lesson of not making the back of the folding links recessed as they did in the 7836. So, they really are listening to the customers to upgrade their products. :)

Yes, if the price is not ridiculous, it is no harm to get one for our vintage Rollies. But still not too sure about the feel of the band as often fakes are always full of sharp edges and extremely tight links - the silky flow feeling of a gen. bracelet never exist. Then, I may be just comparing diamond with glass.

Upon closer inspection of the number stamping, I have been convinced that the bracelet is probably a fake.

With that in mind, it will be interesting to see how high the bidding goes. Anything beyond $200 for a fake bracelet, even a very good fake, is beyond reason as far as I am concerned. But it does say 'Rolex', so we shall see.