When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Love

JoJo35

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I was not aware this thread was still active, but since it is, here is another entry - a non-DAYTONA 6239

1stwrist0141.jpg

Completed so far -

• Installed gen T21
  • Converted (asymmetrical pusher/'slow beat') auto-wind A7750 to manual-wind 7760 (removed rotor, reduction & reversing wheels, which are sitting in container above watch). Movement now sounds, winds & functions similar to a V72.

6239black0061.jpg

To do -

• Swap pushers out for Ofrei PD 61.701s (visually/functionally same as Rolex oem 23-P3-0)
    • Gen 6mm Twinlock/tube (en route)
    • Remove paint from chrono sweep seconds hand (probably)
    • Low profile DW caseback (en route)
    • Gen 7835/357 folded link bracelet or a nice strap
    • Swap dial crown for more accurate crown (if anyone has a source for dial crowns or has a damaged 62xx dial with a good, accurate crown they do not need, please PM me)
    • May swap tachymeter scale bezel for plain bezel (this will convert the watch from 6239 to 6238)

I was not aware this thread was still active, but since it is, here is another entry - a non-DAYTONA 6239

1stwrist0141.jpg

Completed so far -

• Installed gen T21
  • Converted (asymmetrical pusher/'slow beat') auto-wind A7750 to manual-wind 7760 (removed rotor, reduction & reversing wheels, which are sitting in container above watch). Movement now sounds, winds & functions similar to a V72.

6239black0061.jpg

To do -

• Swap pushers out for Ofrei PD 61.701s (visually/functionally same as Rolex oem 23-P3-0)
    • Remove paint from chrono sweep seconds hand
    • Gen 7835/357 folded link bracelet
    • Swap dial crown for more accurate crown (if anyone has a source for dial crowns or has a damaged 62xx dial with a good, accurate crown they do not need, please PM me)
    • May swap tachymeter scale bezel for plain bezel (this will convert the watch from 6239 to 6238)

WOW!!! :o

I've always loved the "non-daytonas"!

Great job freddy, congrats! Wear it well

To do -

• Remove paint from chrono sweep seconds hand
  • Gen 7835/357 folded link bracelet
  • Swap dial crown for more accurate crown

freddy..........can't wait to see this when complete. You have opened my eyes to so many great vintage Rollie's over the past few months! Your collection is one to be envied for sure!

I've always loved the "non-daytonas"!

Great job freddy, congrats! Wear it well

Thanks JoJo. From a design perspective, I think the non-Daytona (and non-Oyster) Cosmographs are especially unique because of the additional amount of 'white space' on their dials. The sparser dial gives these chronographs an especially pure & striking appearance. It is definitely wearing well on me.

How could i forget the one and only "true" vintage i have which i got after my father died.

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

Can't supply pics of the caseback at the moment because this watch is with a good friend of mine who will clean it and service the movement and install a new crystal.

Capre Diem

Cats

You mean something like this

MBW5512Wrist.jpg

Sorry don't know anyone with one for sale :D

omfffg i am just smashing the keyboard on my head xD superb

is it a gilt one? the reflex doesn't help me...

imho the top is a 5513 gilt underline meters first... i could die

Edited by Shadow_

freddi i'm searchin for franken vintage subs such as 5513-5512-5510 etch etch with euromariner specs...

the only one i found on his site is the military 5517 and 3-6-9 sub (that does not exist)

the first it's a 100+k euros rolex in theory and it is too "richy" one for me :D , the second one, i think, exists only in the tog version but i'm not so sure.. so i don like it...

a simple 5513 matt or a 5508-10 would be great :) oh 1680red too ^^ i tried to contact eurotime n i told him if he has any of this watches with euromariner specifications.. but no reply... :/

i tried to go into the supporters trade forum but i have no access... :|

Edited by Shadow_

freddi i'm searchin for franken vintage subs such as 5513-5512-5510 etch etch with euromariner specs...

the only one i found on his site is the military 5517 and 3-6-9 sub (that does not exist)

the first it's a 100+k euros rolex in theory and it is too "richy" one for me :D , the second one, i think, exists only in the tog version but i'm not so sure.. so i don like it...

a simple 5513 matt or a 5508-10 would be great :) oh 1680red too ^^ i tried to contact eurotime n i told him if he has any of this watches with euromariner specifications.. but no reply... :/

i tried to go into the supporters trade forum but i have no access... :|

This is the standard MBW 5513. The dial is matt and the writing is yellow but not gilt. They don't look to bad as standard the main thing that lets them don is the crown guards. This one has had the guards done, gen crown installed and the lugs drilled.

Subpart2010a.jpg

really good lookin watch but ROLEX writin doesn't seem so accurate... is it for sale? but can't u swap that dial with a gilt one? is there someone that produces aftermarket gilt dials?

did u have ever c a lower underline dial on these watches?

sorry for my 5325532 questions but i am a nubie =P

Edited by Shadow_

really good lookin watch but ROLEX writin doesn't seem so accurate... is it for sale? but can't u swap that dial with a gilt one? is there someone that produces aftermarket gilt dials?

did u have ever c a lower underline dial on these watches?

sorry for my 5325532 questions but i am a nubie =P

The watch was sold a while ago. All of the standard 5513 dials are badly flawed, which is why I got hacked off and went for the 5512 which are much more accurate.

I would prefer a 5513 but I am not happy $400 for a rep dial. Do a search on ND Trading.