When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Love

JoJo35

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Euno - Which do you wear more often - jubilee or strap?

That's a tough one... I've been wondering for close to 20 years as to which bracelet/strap combo I like best with 1675. I can tell you that my jubilee bracelet (that came with my first 1675) is thee most comfortable bracelet I own. It is the earliest Jubilee incarnate; and as such, it remains quite rare. I think when it comes down to aesthetics, I very much like the Rivet Oyster best. More often than not, I actually don my buffalo grain leather G-10 strap.

MY-GMT-B.jpg

GMT_QuickShot.jpg

DSC06375.jpg

My general preference with watches are for leather straps. Vintage Rolex sports models perhaps look best with bracelets. Uhhhh, I don't think that I actually answered your question :crazy: As you can see, I remain wholly uncertain!

-Cheers :)

More often than not, I actually don my buffalo grain leather G-10 strap.

GMT_QuickShot.jpg

My general preference with watches are for leather straps. Vintage Rolex sports models perhaps look best with bracelets. Uhhhh, I don't think that I actually answered your question :crazy: As you can see, I remain wholly uncertain!

I think you just did (answer my question).

Do you have another picture of the buffalo grain strap showing the entire strap, including the buckle/clasp & do you have it in other colors on any other watches?

lovin' the nato strap on the gmt-one...

i have a question... eurotime told me that 5512 and 5513 does have versions with 3 6 9 dial...

now i got a doubt cuz i was so sure that the 3/6/9 dial was mounted on military subz and 6200s... is that right?

btw..talkin' bout eurotime's mbks.... du u think that it's better in accuracy the 5512 or the 5513 with this dial (5513 matt one)http://www.eurotimez.com/page65/page93/page224/page350/page350.html ?

lovin' the nato strap on the gmt-one...

i have a question... eurotime told me that 5512 and 5513 does have versions with 3 6 9 dial...

now i got a doubt cuz i was so sure that the 3/6/9 dial was mounted on military subz and 6200s... is that right?

btw..talkin' bout eurotime's mbks.... du u think that it's better in accuracy the 5512 or the 5513 with this dial (5513 matt one)http://www.eurotimez.com/page65/page93/page224/page350/page350.html ?

Shadow, take your pick. IMO neither one is more accurate than the other. 5512's are a bit more rare in the gen world.

Heres a couple of mine...

MBW franken 1665 DRSD

specs:

Vintage MBW 1665 Rolex Sea-Dweller with correct thickness case and bezel

Fresh The Zigmeister serviced 'slowbeat' ETA with good centered date font. Accurate within +/- 2 sec per day

Ubi flat top 3 datewheel ready for future install

Gen T-39 superdome

Gen Triplock crown and tube

Vintage (slightly fading to dull matt brown) The Zigmeister-lumed SINGER double red dial and aged clark hands

Aftermarket bezel insert and correct vintage pearl

polished bezel with good sharp teeth

RE-WORKED crown guards and case (vintagized)

Drilled and beveled lug holes and 2mm gen spring-bars installed

Visually re-worked HEV using some black paint to enhance the area around it giving it depth.

Franken solid midlink bracelet made from 4 different 93150's

Entire case and bracelet reworked for proper vintage look and feel.

Correct fliplock with engraved lines removed. Bracelet severely vintagized, oiled and polished many times.

I've got gen 580 endlinks but forgot to install them before i took the pics whoops.

Caseback has now gone through its first round of the vintage process but needs more to soften the lettering

CIMG0946.jpg

:wub:

MBW 1680 franken with gen dial

SPECS:

Vintage MBW 5513 'Polex' Case

Lug holes drilled to gen spec 1.3mm diameter

Gen spring bars installed

Tightened bezel insert

Sanded and recessed vintage insert with good acrylic pearl

Gen t-127 crystal

Gen white letter Submariner dial with feet cut off provided by senior RWG member

Clarks aftermarket Tudor hands for ETA fitment.

Flat top 3 datewheel removed for sticking/alignment issues very sad about this

Perfect date magnification with the gen crystal t-127

Gen triplock tube and crown installed with all gaskets and water tight.

Crown guards filed to perfection

Caseback polished and vintageized and polished again

Case polished and reworked to vintage perfection

Slowbeat ETA 2846 movement at 21,600bph - freshly The Zigmeister serviced and accurate to +2sec/day

Caseback seals replaced and greased for water resistance

Hybred 93150 bracelet built from parts, solid links for added weight and modded noobmariner clasp (gen 93150 and clasp is in the works....)

Rep end links for now. I have good rep 580's that need to be drilled out and modded.

Bracelet polished and vintageized to perfection. This bracelet was brand new before i attacked it.

Gen divers extension from newer sea-dweller installed.

CIMG1326.jpg

:)

yeah i know its a fiddy and its not a vintage watch but it looks cool on the Peter gunny strap he made me

SPECS

Super lumed

canon pinion fixed

Saphire crystal added

movement serviced

handmade thick Caitlin 2 gunny strap

CIMG1317.jpg

:p

Comex 5514 franken

SPECS

Work in progress

Gen crown and tube

T-19 crystal

Lug holes drilled

gen spring bars

insert shaved and aged

watch case and bracelet aged

MBW93150 bracelet and end links

Working HEV

Needs dial vintagizing to be finished....

start.jpg

:crazy:

Gen Rolex solid 18kt 1680 Submariner

All orig with orig bracelet (very worn)

new gen t-127 crystal

orig Black Nipple dial

dates to 1969

movement orig and very clean.

orig 24-702 18kt crown (stainless 24-702 tube installed)

CIMG1265.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK time for a bump guys here is my latest MBW 1665 GW but due to the Tropic 39 Superdome that came on this watch and me already completed one GW project i decided today with Tribal to build a DRSD from this...

here is the curent state:

1665.jpg

t39 superdome, ubi flat DW, nicely moded insert and some CG work...

TO DO's:

swap to DRSD case back, gen ends and bars, reworking the case, HEV. valve mod, pearl mod, gen crown/tube, DRSD Dial swap, luming and vintagizing hands and dial.

No better feeling then when u know new project is on the way ;)

All is in pipe and decided except the dial choice im personally not to keen on the MBW DRSD dials as the red text is to dark for my liking and not printed sharp enough. I'm thinking to go the NDT dial way... ?!

Comments and advice welcome.

Cheers Laz ;)