When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

some idiot did it again

Star69

Same issue is being discussed in RG right now.....

They're trying to decide if it is the forum member of the same name and spelling (using an e and not an o).

Will be interesting if said member makes any statement in RWG or RG, or not.......

Seems this person is trying to promote selling reps, as in RG they've translated the German into something like "I paid

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same issue is being discussed in RG right now.....

They're trying to decide if it is the forum member of the same name and spelling (using an e and not an o).

Will be interesting if said member makes any statement in RWG or RG, or not.......

Seems this person is trying to promote selling reps, as in RG they've translated the German into something like "I paid

OOps. Appologies - had taken J-C at his word and hadn't picked up his joke.....

Here's hoping this gets sorted out quick in the forums.

It will be a real shame if it does turn out to be our man here and in RG...

Appologies to Admin, Mods and all for my misleading wrong pick-up of the real content......and thanks for the quick correction Fish.

OOps. Appologies - had taken J-C at his word and hadn't picked up his joke.....

Here's hoping this gets sorted out quick in the forums.

It will be a real shame if it does turn out to be our man here and in RG...

Appologies to Admin, Mods and all for my misleading wrong pick-up of the real content......and thanks for the quick correction Fish.

No problem, allways glad to help out. If anybody wants this whole topic translated, don

I think in his mind he was trying to do a service and save someone from being scammed and I don't have an issue with that, BUT in doing so he has given the rep boards a black eye and drawn unnecessary attention to us and that is not cool.

Where do you draw the line? I say it's unfortunate but there shouldn't be any gray areas and if you post a rep on a gen sight, then you should be shown the door. Like others have said, many members visit both gen and rep message boards and if you say hey guys there is a damn good rep of the GMT out so be careful, they can sort it out amongst themselves. There is always that one A Hole who wants to be the hero and save the world from replicas.

If he wanted to warn the fellow rlx owners he could just post the serial (not the pic), attached a cropped picture of the bezel (number "6" is easy to spot since the genuine's is curved in the center), and mention the rolexrolexrolex not starting from 9o'clock. In fact he is doing more harm now to rolex since I am sure more people will try to get this replica.

I think in his mind he was trying to do a service and save someone from being scammed and I don't have an issue with that, BUT in doing so he has given the rep boards a black eye and drawn unnecessary attention to us and that is not cool.

Where do you draw the line? I say it's unfortunate but there shouldn't be any gray areas and if you post a rep on a gen sight, then you should be shown the door. Like others have said, many members visit both gen and rep message boards and if you say hey guys there is a damn good rep of the GMT out so be careful, they can sort it out amongst themselves. There is always that one A Hole who wants to be the hero and save the world from replicas.

Which is dangerous. I am sure the all who like also the fake side of the moon (yes I am a poet) do not care very much to inform the gen geek (sometimes I surprise myself). Actually. The only difference is theat the gen forums are WAAAY more BORING than ours. Despite this, this behaviour is absolutely dangerous in my perspective.

S

Sorry I dont understand the situation or problem of the person, Whats wrong with the person that post a rep picture of rolex in the gen forum ?

Is that a law or something ? Confusing!!! XD sorry I'm a newbie to rep too :)

Its basically an unwritten law. Why draw negative attention to our boards nonetheless our hobby? Not a smart idea. Just like bring a rep to an AD and try fooling them. We have stressed over and over again never bring your rep(s) to the AD.

If he wanted to warn the fellow rlx owners he could just post the serial (not the pic), attached a cropped picture of the bezel (number "6" is easy to spot since the genuine's is curved in the center), and mention the rolexrolexrolex not starting from 9o'clock. In fact he is doing more harm now to rolex since I am sure more people will try to get this replica.

I am pretty sure that is exactly the intention...

No evidence that it is "our" Navigater though, but the indications are pretty strong.

He is definately on the R-L-X.de board:

http://www.replica-watch.info/forum/viewto...=143461#p143461

but he uses a diferent imageshack account in all is posts on RWI. Maybe he has two accounts?

Navigater is banned. I will take care that he and his IP will be banned from all other forums too.

It's never fun to ban people, but why people do this? :(

PS: It doesn't matter why he posted the rep pictures there. He did, and that's all what matters. If you want to save the world from reps (and rain forests and whales too) don't associate our community with this brave mission. We want to keep as low profile as possible... and annoy the gen forums as little as possible (well as much as it's possible under these circumstances).

This is what I posted about asad, who was banned too (for the same reason). Perhaps it clears up the motives behind these bannings a little.

Repost

=====

asad got ip-banned from all major boards (RWI, RG and RWG) for posting rep pictures to gen forum. It has been mentioned in our forum rules, and we are strongly against this behavior. He did it on purpose, and the Geek mods got a request/veiled threat from the Paneristi admins for that asad's post.

Members like asad can seriously jeopardize our hobby as we want to keep as low profile as possible. Yes, we are an open forum but we want to respect the gen boards this way... when we don't go and sh1t into their livingroom - and rub the reps against their collective faces, maybe there's a small hope that they (and the lawyers of Rolex, Swatch, Hublot and Richmond) could leave us alone with our ILLEGAL hobby, involving counterfeit watches. Well, it doesn't hurt trying.

asad probably didn't think it this far, or didn't mean to harm anyone... but we have decided to take this approach. All forums co-operate in this regard.

Navigater is banned. I will take care that he and his IP will be banned from all other forums too.

sad - but correct decision ....

yesterday he asks for pics of the lasercrown ....

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=23932

then he post them on the gen forum ... an makes jokes how bad the lasercrown is on the rep ...

wtf ? he was even an modder who earned good money with this hobby :wacko:

cheers,

Frank

I posted this at RG, but will repost it here:

Not to put a fly in the ointment here, but is it possible someone else who has an axe to grind has chosen this user name and used the pictures that navi has in his photobucket account? If the pictures have been posted here, anyone could link them to anywhere, just copy and paste the address. Saves uploading them yourself, and makes a setup look even more convincing.

Thoughts?

I posted this at RG, but will repost it here:

Not to put a fly in the ointment here, but is it possible someone else who has an axe to grind has chosen this user name and used the pictures that navi has in his photobucket account? If the pictures have been posted here, anyone could link them to anywhere, just copy and paste the address. Saves uploading them yourself, and makes a setup look even more convincing.

Thoughts?

no its him .... if you search his posts in the gen forum you see he is from Belgium and he shows a watch that he sold

to and member here ... its 100 % him.

Frank

sad - but correct decision ....

yesterday he asks for pics of the lasercrown ....

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=23932

then he post them on the gen forum ... an makes jokes how bad the lasercrown is on the rep ...

wtf ? he was even an modder who earned good money with this hobby :wacko:

cheers,

Frank

I was looking thru his posts at RG and picked up on that as well.

Yes, he earned good money, bought himself a gen maybe and now he's one of them! Sure. :)

Man, he's for me a fool! Really!

I am also member there, on the gen forum (and for sure not the only!). But I'll never come up with the idea to make there some friends myself with such posts!!!

It's really incredible...

I would blow up this guy! :blowup::D

I cant believe this [censored]. again...

What part of doing this dont people understand. Will there be people who hop between Gen and Rep forums.... YES .. all the time.. and we cannot help that... but to draw attention like this is insane!

Someone posted Patricks photobucket link... it is obviously him if that was the photo and link used... hello...???

If someone has not already banned him on RWI.. he'll be banned immediately. We do not want members on any board who do irresponsible things like that!

I cant believe this [censored]. again...

What part of doing this dont people understand. Will there be people who hop between Gen and Rep forums.... YES .. all the time.. and we cannot help that... but to draw attention like this is insane!

Someone posted Patricks photobucket link... it is obviously him if that was the photo and link used... hello...???

If someone has not already banned him on RWI.. he'll be banned immediately. We do not want members on any board who do irresponsible things like that!

Thanks mate, I was just going to pm you. He'll be taken care at the Geeks as well.

Good riddance.

I know for 100% that or both his parents but at least his mother is German.

He told me in person last year when i spoke to him in Hasselt Belgium.

He tried to lume my Fiddy bit couldn't get the dail out because it had to come out via the front he said ( thank god he wasn't able to damage it )

Carpe Diem

Cats

Ok, so, now that this is solved, ...I will post my only two gens on TZ and R-L-X.de and say they are reps :D

I don't get it at all. :shock:

Why the hell are people considering being on a gen forum so more valuable?

Like most of us I browse the gen forums from time to time and can't find anything more interresting than what I find here. :good:

RG, RWI, RWG have considerably more information about "how a gen should look" and for sure much more "humble" but still more "knowledgable" members in my opinion.

Good move to ban such guys; they make money from replicas (as he states on his web site btw) and pee on the replica community at the same time is a shame.

Thanks to the mods of RWG and to RG, RWI aswell of course.

As a side note, why don't we protect our Images with a PW?

I would really be p isse d o ff if anybody takes a photo of my latest Sub modified by Tribal or my soon coming 1680 modified by MM and post them on a gen forum. :angry:

Cheers

Stephane